You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MTT spot, quite deep v fish w/top 2

edited October 2011 in The Poker Clinic
i probably just get it in here he probably has some bare A and he aint ever going to fold not in these tournaments shove it fist pump when he turns over A9 something like that then pour a drink when the pot is shipped to you

Comments

• edited October 2011

How am I getting paid here?

I've no post flop reads really....

Here's the yellow box

"Dfest lvl 2, doubled early, and limp called pre Q4 off!!!"

His double up was on a diff table, and the Q4 hand we checked it down 3 streets and I won w/Kq high.

My options r obv to just ship it now, or c/c or crai any turn.

Seems really basic, but I'm annoyed so I'm posting it.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    BeaufordT Small blind  40.00 40.00 2208.75
    fishcak292 Big blind  80.00 120.00 850.00
      Your hole cards
    • A

DOHHHHHHH Raise  200.00 320.00 4825.00
    stukojak1 Fold     
    xxxCall  200.00 520.00 4083.75
    BeaufordT Fold     
    fishcak292 Fold     
    Flop

• A

DOHHHHHHH Bet  260.00 780.00 4565.00
    xxxRaise  1040.00 1820.00 3043.75
    DOHHHHHHH
  • edited October 2011
    I prob try and get it in now as there might be cards on the turn we dont like or scares him off.

Or call and lead turn <--always confuses me when people do that.

If we just flat the re-raisse, check turn he can check and see both cards.

There doesnt seem too much or a draw there so he prob get enough to get it in now
  • edited October 2011
  • edited October 2011
    lump it in now !

• edited October 2011
    All in - if he got a set hey ho but finks he will get it in with much worse - even str draw

• edited October 2011
  • edited October 2011
    I'd ship now against villain as described, hes not raise/folding that size on that board. If I think he has any idea what he is doing I would consider calling and check/shipping the turn
  • edited October 2011
    Yh can't see how he can raise then fold here.

All in.
  • edited October 2011
    From the tone of your post I suspect you are posting this because the fool had aces and flopped the nuts. You are annoyed because he didn't 3-bet pre and then the case ace comes out with the ten to cooler you. Am I right?

• edited October 2011
    IMO I THINK HE FLATTED THE RAISE WIV 10S !
  • edited October 2011
    Nooooo jungle...

I jammed coz I didn't see anything he could raise with that he would fold.

So he's either made a stunning beginners luck fold with an ace....

Or he was at it! 

Either way, I won the MTT ;) (But did post this 2 hours before It ended I promise)
  • edited October 2011

In favour of just flatting. Really strong hand and the villian has raised 1/4 of his stack in. Could work both ways though, if we flat/check turn we can look strong but there would be more chips in the middle and villian might see it as a nice stealing opportunity. Of course we could end up getting owned if villian ends up turning a straight or a set.

• edited October 2011
    surely you have like the nuts here vs this donk? why get it in so he can fold out bluffs

personally i would have called checked , hopefully he shoves with A or pp (happens trust me) if not shoving most rivers

I know its likely he can outdraw us but if he has any draws i reckon hes shoving or betting turn anyway
  • edited October 2011
    lol at thinking this guy folded an A. idk if you flat he might be bad enough to shove turn with air, but I think most of what doesnt give up on turn will call a flop shove