You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Freeroll Strategy Dilemma

edited October 2011 in The Poker Clinic
I'm playing the £100 Freeroll. I always play them as 'free' and don't intend to rebuy or add-on at the break.

At the first break, I find myself in 12th place out of 120 playesr remaining, with about 27000 chips. Leader has about 74000, average stack 14375.

Have to finish in the top 40 to cash, starting at 65p.

Is there much value in buying a 6000-chip add-on for 50p? Or should I just plough on with what I've got?

(I'm writing this retrospectively, so I can't actually do anything now, but just wondering what people's thoughts are.)

Comments

• edited October 2011
    Well i find that (apart from the omaha freerolls) cos its fun , NOT to register in the first place ;)
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Freeroll Strategy Dilemma:
    Well i find that (apart from the omaha freerolls) cos its fun , NOT to register in the first place ;)
    Posted by debdobs_67
    Surely, since it's a FREEroll, registering and playing must be +EV.

I suppose if you believe that "time is money" then these touneys are costing me a fortune!
  • edited October 2011
    Nah deffo don't add on or rebuy in these freerolls imo.

They're abit of a farce tbh, but what can you do. Can't really complain when they're giving away free money, but the option to rebuy/addon in a freeroll does make me lol.

How did u end up?

------

edit, btw what's going on with the avatar?

A friend of my aunites dog sitters milkmans wife has a huge phobia of eyes, a big billboard went up opposite her house of an advert which included a massive eye, and she had to move out till they took it down.

• edited October 2011
    Nah deffo don't add on or rebuy in these freerolls imo. They're abit of a farce tbh, but what can you do. Can't really complain when they're giving away free money, but the option to rebuy/addon in a freeroll does make me lol. How did u end up? ------ edit, btw what's going on with the avatar? A friend of my aunites dog sitters milkmans wife has a huge phobia of eyes, a big billboard went up opposite her house of an advert which included a massive eye, and she had to move out till they took it down.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yes, it is quite amusing when I see people reloading multiple times, 50p a go, early in a tournament with 300 people left in, knowing that that they're going to have to pretty much come in the top 3 to get that back.

Finished 24th, won a massive 70p. I still can't decide what to spend it on. I actually cashed (38p) in a Freeroll earlier in the day, so I must be doing something right. I'm thinking of quitting my job and playing freerolls professionally.

Oh, and I chose that avatar so that I can get a better read on my opponents.
  • edited October 2011
    Never rebuy or add on, always play for the win and run good :)
  • edited October 2011
    No rebuys or add ons. If you're gonna do multiple rebuys, you're better off using the cash to buy into a proper tourney like a £2.20 deepstack. Of course when I'm playing the freerolls I like others to do it as it increases the prizepool and my chances of winning more money for free!!!!!!
  • edited October 2011
    there must be easier and less annoying ways to make £1.08
  • edited October 2011
    there must be easier and less annoying ways to make £1.08
    Posted by grantorino
    lol.

I use em as practice really. If i am already playing a couple of MTT's (very rarely) i dont mind opening the freeroll up to keep me busy.

OP, never rebuy or add-on!

I won 38p the other week on one and at the same time raised pre flop on an NL10 table 40p and had to fold to a shove almost simultaneously. Freeroll profit gone just like that lol. Still, only took me a couple of hours to get it. :-/