You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Any way out of this one alive?

edited October 2011 in The Poker Clinic

I'm almost certain not. Just a cooler, huh? Re-assure me, I need the love, lol.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
frapstar Small blind  50.00 50.00 6172.50
haddons Big blind  100.00 150.00 10250.00
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • Q

rivvva Fold     
bandini Raise  300.00 450.00 4810.00
madman11 Fold     
frapstar Fold     
haddons Call  200.00 650.00 10050.00
Flop

• J
  • K
  • Q

haddons Bet  100.00 750.00 9950.00
bandini Raise  737.50 1487.50 4072.50
haddons All-in  9950.00 11437.50 0.00
bandini All-in  4072.50 15510.00 0.00
haddons Unmatched bet  5240.00 10270.00 5240.00
haddons Show
  • K
  • K

bandini Show
  • J
  • Q

Turn

River

haddons Win Three Kings 10270.00  15510.00

Comments

• edited October 2011
    uve been donk min lead/shoved on with bottom 2, I think you can fold here.
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Any way out of this one alive?:
    uve been donk min lead/shoved on with bottom 2, I think you can fold here.
    Posted by NColley
    Really? Against his range he's flat calling with? A,10 was the only hand I feared due to my blockers and the unusual line for KKs? History was he'd shown down worse and draws and Ahit were more likely. I really thought about this one and still think I've done everything right against vil in £10BH?

As always, I stand to be corrected.
  • edited October 2011

I happen to know that this villian is generally bad but we can never rule out big hands just because they have flatted in the BB.

Hands that bad players would generally do this kind of play with: AA KK QQ JJ AK KQ QJ 109 J10 + potentially any 2 clubs

Still got 40 bigs and plently of chance to get it in in a better spot. But I am possibly too tight at times.

• edited October 2011
    Don't think I'm ever folding here in a standard sky tourny.

• edited October 2011
    I happen to know that this villian is generally bad but we can never rule out big hands just because they have flatted in the BB. Hands that bad players would generally do this kind of play with: AA KK QQ JJ AK KQ QJ 109 J10 + potentially any 2 clubs Still got 40 bigs and plently of chance to get it in in a better spot. But I am possibly too tight at times.
    Posted by NColley
    Readless I'm discounting AA & KK (stupidly).  QQ and JJ have to be unlikely due to blockers and flat. Admitedly I discounted KQ but still have a blocker. QJ, meh. 10,9 maybe. J,10 less likely.

Hmm, dunno. Appreciate the input NColley but even with hindsight I don't think I'm folding here ever in a £10BH late on a Thursday night.

Reply appreciated though.
  • edited October 2011
    Mate you gotta NOT show results.

Even with results I call here.
  • edited October 2011
    I dont think im ever folding here readless, cooler imo

This is what always seems to trap me in tourneys if someone limps a big hand grrrrrrrrrrrr raise it u gaihgekdhikahda
  • edited October 2011
    I don't think im getting off this in a BH
  • edited October 2011
    Unlucky that he picked up a monster in the Blinds, no pre flop clues to work back to, just a very unusual donk bet then 3 bet all-in. He could have had Kx and tried to punish what he saw as a limp wristed C-bet from the pre flop raiser for all you know.

Even if flop came J Q x he's probably doing the same, he has call equity (if that makes sense) as it's harder to believe someone in BB has a big hand. If it came JQ x he could stillmake the same play unaware you had such a strong made hand (2 pair).

He probably put you on a draw with A x or 10x for straight or even two clubs (less likely given they way hand played out and flop came) in which case his 3 bet all-in makes it hard for you to call with your stack on the line.

You just had the wrong hand at the wrong time.
  • edited October 2011
    lol at folding, esp once you raise the donk bet. No way out readless imo, nh
  • edited October 2011
    lol at folding, esp once you raise the donk bet. No way out readless imo, nh
    Posted by grantorino
    pls tell me what you would put villian on because this is basically a check raise on a super wet board which is a strong play. op's raise is pot sized basically saying he has a big hand and we still get shoved on.. you can't call and expect to be ahead alot of the time in that spot.
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Any way out of this one alive? : pls tell me what you would put villian on because this is basically a check raise on a super wet board which is a strong play. op's raise is pot sized basically saying he has a big hand and we still get shoved on.. you can't call and expect to be ahead alot of the time in that spot.
    Posted by NColley
    why raise flop if you are folding to a 3bet?
  • edited October 2011
    i wouldn't of raised flop. I'd of flatted the donk minbet.
  • edited October 2011

In those bounty bingo hunter torns id call all day.