You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Are you sure you wish to stand?

edited October 2011 in Community Suggestions
Quite often when I'm multi-tabling the screens will be overlapping and I'll accidentally click stand on one table when I'm trying to act on another. This gets quite irritating, especially when there's a waiting list for the table I've just left. The problem would be avoided if I was asked to confirm my decision to leave the table. Any chance of this being implemented in the next update?

Comments

• edited October 2011
    Bump. Please can this be done for the next update, it's getting frustrating now. Cheers.
  • edited October 2011
    Can't you move your tables so they don't overlap where you'd press the Stand button?

How many do you play? I usually play 7/8 these days with overlap and never had that problem.

What IS pathetic is that there's STILL no facility to resize the tables on Sky Poker - you can do it on most other sites out there.
  • edited October 2011
    Hi guys,

We have looked into the 'Confirm' button for standing, however, believe this takes more time and therefore frustating more players. If a player is not at the table, this could double the time it takes to play a hand.

Resizing tables is a regular talking point, however it is a big job at quite a cost for us, so, when resources prevail, I am sure we will implement this.

Cheers,
    Jordan
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Are you sure you wish to stand?:
    Can't you move your tables so they don't overlap where you'd press the Stand button? How many do you play? I usually play 7/8 these days with overlap and never had that problem. What IS pathetic is that there's STILL no facility to resize the tables on Sky Poker - you can do it on most other sites out there.
    Posted by Die_hard
    I play 6-8 in mini-view and just click the auto-tile button so they overlap a bit but I can still see what's happening on all tables.

The problem comes when I'm just about to act on one table and the one beneath it pops up, the stand button being very close to where the 'action' buttons are on the previous table. 
  • edited October 2011
    Hi guys, We have looked into the 'Confirm' button for standing, however, believe this takes more time and therefore frustating more players. If a player is not at the table, this could double the time it takes to play a hand. Resizing tables is a regular talking point, however it is a big job at quite a cost for us, so, when resources prevail, I am sure we will implement this. Cheers, Jordan
    Posted by Sky_Jordan
    Thanks for the response Jordan, but I've still got a couple of issues...

I remember a while back if a player closed down a table without clicking 'stand' they would remain 'sat out' for a couple of orbits before being automatically booted off the table. I'm not 100% sure of this, but now as soon as a player closes a table their seat is vacated as well?

Regarding the frustration thing, I reckon it's a lot more frustrating to be sat on a table for a while, gain a feel for the table, then click stand by mistake and have to join the back of the waiting list before regaining your seat.

To be fair though it is my cack-handedness that creates the problem, I'll just have to be more careful where I'm moving my mouse in future...
  • edited October 2011
    I may be mistaken, but when it's my turn to act on one table, no other tables pop up in front of it until I've bet/folded etc. Not on miniview though.
  • edited October 2011
    I may be mistaken, but when it's my turn to act on one table, no other tables pop up in front of it until I've bet/folded etc. Not on miniview though.
    Posted by Die_hard
    I've just tested this and you're right, so it is just a case of me being a bit gung-ho with my mouse. The safety net of a 'confirm' button would still be nice though...