You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Mentors

edited November 2011 in Community Suggestions
'tis my newly invented programme for Sky Poker.

Basically you take a losing player (most of us) and televise a TSP player mentoring him for a month.

Sky wins : It inspires new players to believe they can make it.

The losing (chosen) player wins : He/she will improve tenfold.

TSP player wins : Kudos for his/her altruicity and shows off how good he/she is.

No losers.

I want payed for this idea.

Cheers.

Comments

• edited October 2011
    Interesting idea, seems like a lot of work for the mentor though! I guess TV time would be reward enough though.
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Mentors:
    Interesting idea, seems like a lot of work for the mentor though! I guess TV time would be reward enough though.
    Posted by simuk
    this.  maybe some kind of challenege system...all train up the apprenctices...they then have a week of playing all kinds of formats....the winning mentor/apprentice both get a free GUKPT.
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Mentors : this.  maybe some kind of challenege system...all train up the apprenctices...they then have a week of playing all kinds of formats....the winning mentor/apprentice both get a free GUKPT.
    Posted by scotty77
    Then the apprentice comes 1st and the mentor 2nd? that would be sweet
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Mentors : Then the apprentice comes 1st and the mentor 2nd? that would be sweet
    Posted by Poker_Fail
    that would just be hollywood. although in true hollywood fassion we'd get AA v KK (mentor) and the apprentice would muck his AA for the mentor to win - after its gone all in on the river.
  • edited October 2011
    i was thinking of starting a post like this for example go along the lines of total player 3 out of team sky(scotty77,sikas,aussie09,glitterbabe,lolufold,dantb10 sorry if a miss ppl out ) or selected pros like carlo,ian frazer just for talkin sake pick some average players from the site do challenges each week to narrow the players downtill get the best 3 or something also mentor them for however long try to improve there game and like scotty said winning mentor and apprentice get seats for gukpt or ukipt also any profits the apprentice makes the mentor gets % like done in total player

what yous think?
  • edited October 2011
    i was thinking of starting a post like this for example go along the lines of total player 3 out of team sky(scotty77,sikas,aussie09,glitterbabe,lolufold,dantb10 sorry if a miss ppl out ) or selected pros like carlo,ian frazer just for talkin sake pick some average players from the site do challenges each week to narrow the players downtill get the best 3 or something also mentor them for however long try to improve there game and like scotty said winning mentor and apprentice get seats for gukpt or ukipt also any profits the apprentice makes the mentor gets % like done in total player what yous think?
    Posted by liamboi11

mentor some1? i need a mentor lol (in all seriousness im considering getting like a proper coach)

i do ok at mtt's but i dont think im anywhere near the higher levels of the skill ceiling of tournament play, mayb we could organise a study group or something

p.s. i do quite like this idea and would b up for trying it
  • edited October 2011
    sounds fun can i be an apprentice if this ever gets running :)
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Mentors : mentor some1? i need a mentor lol (in all seriousness im considering getting like a proper coach) i do ok at mtt's but i dont think im anywhere near the higher levels of the skill ceiling of tournament play, mayb we could organise a study group or something p.s. i do quite like this idea and would b up for trying it
    Posted by sikas
    you underate yourself m8 your results speak for you,also i would love to get mentored from someone in team sky to try improve my game because I know i have a lot of leaks in my game and if sky could arrange this i think personally they would get a lot of interest online and people would also tune in to tv when its on like total player
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Mentors : mentor some1? i need a mentor lol (in all seriousness im considering getting like a proper coach) i do ok at mtt's but i dont think im anywhere near the higher levels of the skill ceiling of tournament play, mayb we could organise a study group or something p.s. i do quite like this idea and would b up for trying it
    Posted by sikas
    I would happily settle for your 'ok' mtt skills.
  • edited October 2011
    excelent idea lets get this rolling sky
  • edited October 2011

very good idea get on it sky would love to see this happen and would help all the loosing players out there

• edited October 2011
    I like this Idea
  • edited October 2011

I am pretty sure I am beyond help. To borrow from Strictly come dancing as a example I would be the John Sargent of any group! Or on X-Factor Wagner or Jedward.

Very good idea though.

• edited November 2011
    Great idea.

Also great marketing advertisment for Sky.