You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is it your night or not?

edited October 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Does any player just log off when having one of those days/nights?I played 3 cash tables earlier and had 7 premium hands and got badly outdrawn on 5 and lost 2 in races ie my KK v 77 river 7,But the worst was AA on a A 56 board guy goes all in for 14.90 and shows 49..turn 7 river 8.Im not to low about it but am going to log off as i cant hit sweet..! do other players have days like these?

Comments

• edited October 2011
    yes quite afew unfortunately but saying that i just won the roulette
  • edited October 2011
    Ive re logged on after a small break,,And cant lose now..lol VARIANCE
  • edited October 2011
    I've had a good couple of days, all in all, in terms of how my important all-ins and action around me has gone - I think that's reflected in 3rd in an MTT (250gtd having been shortstacked early) and 9 cashes in my last 11 DYMs. As much as you can play skillfully, it requires certain situations to go your way at the right times, and in that respect I've run like Jamie Gold at times.

It's all just a blip though, I had a couple of awful spells recently where I seemed to lose every all-in, many as an 80/20 favourite but it didn't affect my bank roll at all thanks to good discipline. I could post some shocking examples, especially around the bubble of DYMs :D
  • edited October 2011
    No,

I got hammered in 2 different tourneys, then I got hammered in cash games

Sometimes you can't win for trying

But as we all know, thats poker
  • edited October 2011
    If i run that bad at a table then i simply log off , smash lappy to bits , go out next day , buy new lappy , log back on , then rinse and repeat ;)