You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DIARY OF A PROFESSIONAL TABLE RESIZER

edited October 2011 in Area 51
I left school at 16 years of age with no idea what to do with my life. So when I suddenly realized that I was 44 years old, I obviously thought I had better invite a few lads round for a game of poker---- Little did I know, that my whole life was to change forever--- yes!!!--- The table in my living room was far too big, and there was nowhere to put a smaller one! The lads were very nice about it, but I could see that they would prefer several smaller tables rather than one big one that took up the whole room!
 I have never been one to shy away when a problem needs solving, so I opened my laptop and searched the internet for a solution.

Much to my surprise, the answer came from husqvarna chain saws, and by the time the lads returned a week later, the problem had been solved.

By a strange and wonderful coincidence, one of the lads was the brother of someone that worked for the technical team at sky poker, and when I told him that I had solved the table problem with my laptop, he was totally amazed!!!--

He phoned me a couple of days later and asked me to come to his house and meet his brother--

His brother told me that the big boss man at sky had promised, a whole year ago (on national tv!) that he listens to the concerns of the players on the site, and that tables on sky poker would soon be able to be resized, but the technical team were having a lot of trouble working out how to do it. He told me that if I could help them, I would be handsomely rewarded---- that was day one of the rest of my life------ day two tomorrow!!

Comments

• edited October 2011
    Hi m8, I tried your method                    of resizing the tables on my
    laptop, and to some degree                    it has worked. I do seem to
    be getting a problem though                   as everything is now split in
    two halves. Any updates or                     modifications you come up
    with to cure this will be very                    helpful. I played online pool
    last night and hardly managed                 to pot a ball. Still small price
    to pay for being able to multi-                  table on the pokers.
    ps. Do the two halves of my                     laptop need seperate power
    sources?
  • edited October 2011
    Why is this in area 51 ?     "Oh yes,  I see its for Nutters!"   Have I got to tell you Boyos how to re-size Mmm  well you knock end 2 players out then slide screen over. Simps   Hugsx :-)
  • edited October 2011
    If I slide the table over it falls                     through the gap in the middle now
  • edited October 2011
    on a serious note, if i get another monitor do i need todo anything else to my computer

• edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: DIARY OF A PROFESSIONAL TABLE RESIZER:
    Hi m8, I tried your method                    of resizing the tables on my laptop, and to some degree                    it has worked. I do seem to be getting a problem though                   as everything is now split in two halves. Any updates or                     modifications you come up with to cure this will be very                    helpful. I played online pool last night and hardly managed                 to pot a ball. Still small price to pay for being able to multi-                  table on the pokers. ps. Do the two halves of my                     laptop need seperate power sources?
    Posted by elsadog
     Hi there elsadog, sorry to hear of your pool problems on the laptop, I am in the process of writing day two of my diary at the moment, so I will look into your case later. In the meantime, I would advise you to go directly to the husqvarna website and download thier virtual chainsaw from the page entitled "powerful robust saws" It really is an amazing piece of equipment, left click and scroll over the picture to see what it can do!---- further instructions to follow---

http://www.husqvarna.com/ie/forest/products/powerful-robust-saws/husqvarna-chainsaws-powerful-robust-saws/

( opens in a resizable window )
  • edited October 2011
    QUICK NOTE TO TECHNICAL TEAM---- PLEASE COULD YOU INFORM THE SPELL CHECKER THAT THE WORD "RESIZABLE" ACTUALLY EXISTS, COULD SOLVE A LOT OF PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!!----DURRRRR!!!!
  • edited October 2011
    Why is this in area 51 ?     "Oh yes,  I see its for Nutters!"   Have I got to tell you Boyos how to re-size Mmm  well you knock end 2 players out then slide screen over. Simps   Hugsx :-)
    Posted by logdon
     Hi logdon, please do not try anything at all to do with husqvarna chainsaws, do not even visit the site!!-- people with wooden heads will need to wait for a very important update before they are compatible with these products!!
  • edited October 2011
    on a serious note, if i get another monitor do i need todo anything else to my computer
    Posted by pod1
     Hi pod, I would get in touch with the customer care folks of the manufacturer before you buy another monitor
  • edited October 2011
    elsa,  have     you     tried     making     the    gaps   smaller    so   things     dont   fall   through   the   gaps