You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

was i right

edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
 was playing in a freeroll had just over 2,400 chips, blinds where 300/600 got given pair of queens, so went all-in. was up against ace-ten only to go out on the river as he hit his ace.  Did i do right to go all-in?

Comments

• edited October 2009

hi,yes you were right to go all in with only 4 big blinds,but you would of been right pushing with any hand (depending on position) with only 4 bb's

but the best thing is not to wait until you are so low before pushing.you need to start pushing with 10/12 bb's imo,so you have enough to make others fold their average hands and take down the blinds....

good luck at the tables,dave

• edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: was i right:
    hi,yes you were right to go all in with only 4 big blinds,but you would of been right pushing with any hand (depending on position) with only 4 bb's but the best thing is not to wait until you are so low before pushing.you need to start pushing with 10/12 bb's imo,so you have enough to make others fold their average hands and take down the blinds.... good luck at the tables,dave
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Hi

I have to agree with davey, but I normaly go as low as 8 BB,s before I will push with any 2 in position :)