You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

40nl, Big draw otf, hero call river?

edited October 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Wasn't gonna post any more hands but I've just found this 1.

All new names to me, so I assume it's a really soft table.

Raise pre is to isolate the limper ofc. When the blinds also call, I'm pretty much done with the hand until I hit that flop.

1) Was it a mistake to bet this flop?

2) When I'm check raised should I get it in? I'm ahead of flush draws, and got good eq v most hands, but it doesn't look like he's ever folding anything.

Turn I think is a standard check back....?

River, can I hero call this?

My main worry is an A high fd which has runner runnered trips, but not much else makes sense?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
MrSHussh Small blind  £0.20 £0.20 £23.78
AZZO_66 Big blind  £0.40 £0.60 £52.51
  Your hole cards

uk_duty_ Fold     
ponda1501 Call  £0.40 £1.00 £41.40
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £2.00 £3.00 £45.03
mikins Fold     
MrSHussh Fold     
AZZO_66 Call  £1.60 £4.60 £50.91
ponda1501 Call  £1.60 £6.20 £39.80
Flop

• Q

AZZO_66 Check     
ponda1501 Check     
DOHHHHHHH Bet  £4.65 £10.85 £40.38
AZZO_66 Raise  £9.30 £20.15 £41.61
ponda1501 Fold     
DOHHHHHHH Call  £4.65 £24.80 £35.73
Turn

• A

AZZO_66 Check     
DOHHHHHHH Check     
River

• A

AZZO_66 Bet  £12.40 £37.20 £29.21
DOHHHHHHH
I'll stop spamming now.

UNTIL nxt time, America...

Comments

• edited October 2011
    snap fold pre. ;-)

Good flop, like the check on the turn, i dont call river unless i have a strong read. Smells like a queen, looks like the ace worried him on the turn as it slowed him down but when you checked back and another ace hit the river he decided his queen was probably good.

EDIT - you called and won the hand didnt you?
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: 40nl, Big draw otf, hero call river?:
    snap fold pre. ;-) Good flop, like the check on the turn, i dont call river unless i have a strong read. Smells like a queen, looks like the ace worried him on the turn as it slowed him down but when you checked back and another ace hit the river he decided his queen was probably good. EDIT - you called and won the hand didnt you?
    Posted by DrSharp
    One of the bolded statements is true :(

I got range merged. 

doh.
  • edited October 2011
    id get it in on flop, you would be surprised how many people will raise/fold Qx here trying to find out where they are!
  • edited October 2011

pre is pure fps

Flop I just get it in

As played I'd be tempted on river, but an unknown can easily have boats or backed nfd into trips so I think its prob a fold

• edited October 2011

i would happily get it in on the flop

would never call the river...with the line villain has taken i dont see him showing you anything you are ahead of

• edited October 2011

Betting out fine for me but rereraise villain.

Turn I'd probably bet nearly the pot - gets him off any (possibly better) draws, maybe a Q

River - villain Ace spades as you said, 333 or missed flush (and/or poss straight) draw. Think I'm folding though most of the time.

EDIT -  you called and won the hand didnt you?

One of the bolded statements is true :(

Well you didn't fold and win so you must've called and lost lol.
  • edited October 2011
    Die hard!

Thnx for your input.

Can u PM me notes/reads on all the 50nl regs, ones that actually play hands. ty.

Thanx for bumping the threads too, spose I best finish them off.

This hand I called the river, he shows QJ.
  • edited October 2011

All my notes are on the players names lol (ie there when playing on the table).

Tbh it's a bit unfair really. Need to play and make your own notes lol ;)

• edited October 2011
    i think this is prob not a good hand to hero call on. Its way more likely he has showdown value once he checks the turn after the ace hits.
  • edited October 2011
    Die hard! Thnx for your input. Can u PM me notes/reads on all the 50nl regs, ones that actually play hands. ty. Thanx for bumping the threads too, spose I best finish them off. This hand I called the river, he shows QJ.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Isn't that considered really really shady? Scandals on pokerstars come to mind lol
  • edited October 2011
    had a very similar situation early in the monday night main event. Got it all in against top set on the flop and was really annoyed with myself but ran it throught pokerstove and wasn't as far behind as i thought i would be.
  • edited October 2011
    Can u PM me notes/reads on all the 50nl regs, ones that actually play hands. ty.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Classy yo
  • edited October 2011
    betting the flop is fine, tbf you got your answer to if you should hero call or not there as well!!! why would you call the river???? the reraise on the flop told you what you needed to know tut tut tut.:-)
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: 40nl, Big draw otf, hero call river? : Classy yo
    Posted by pryce6

I hope you noticed I do have SOME morals and said no ;)
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: 40nl, Big draw otf, hero call river? : I hope you noticed I do have SOME morals and said no ;)
    Posted by Die_hard
    Yeah I was surprised/impressed.
  • edited October 2011
    Why aren't you shipping on the flop?

Why aren't you repping the ace on the turn?

Why Dohhhhhhh, why?
  • edited October 2011
    Ofc me asking for reads from current regs was a joke btw.

It's kinda like Mancini asking Fergie if he can put a webcam in Uniteds dressing room so his team can listen to their tactics before a match.

Any reg willing to share his reads with another potential player, probably is shocking and has terrible/misleading reads anyway.

-------------------------

The hand.....

I just thought when he check/raises the flop he's never folding is he...So it would be pointless trying to continue the semi bluff?

I've got good equity, and should be able to get the money in easy enough if I hit. But if he never folds, and I rarely have the best hand at the mo, is there any point trying to semi bluff?

I cud rep the ace but don't wanna get c/raised again, and any bet commits me.

Prob played the whole hand poorly on reflection, I was playing rly well this session too. Anomoly! ;)
  • edited October 2011
    If your read on the flop is he's never folding then why are you considering the hero call on the river?  Why are you playing this kind of trash in position if you're not going to commit to a cracking flop for your hand or rep on the turn when it's your best card that does not help you?

I think you've levelled yourself in this hand to find call, turning perceived massive strength on the flop meaning you need to hit into 'he must be betting his better busted flush draw' on the river.  If you make a read stick to it unless you have extremely good reasons to change.  You haven't got them here.
  • edited October 2011
    Well on the flop his range is made hands, and draws. He wont fold either.

On the turn when he checks to me I'm leaning more towards a draw, possibly 1 that has just turned showdown value with top pair.

On the river, I don't think he's capable of value betting a Queen, a set doesn't make sense as he would lead the turn, all I can put him on that beats me is trip aces with the A of spades. 

Ofc the old "there's 2 on the board, so it's less likely he has 1" thing kicked in.

I'm thinking it's three aces, OR a missed draw.

As I said earlier in the thread, he range merged me to death here, and made a very good bet, I'm not sure how much he had thought it through, and how much it was lucky, but I don't think I could make it the bet, esp as the As could well be in my hand!!.

He must have put me on exactly what I had, or QTs!

Siquo!

• edited October 2011
    Well on the flop his range is made hands, and draws. He wont fold either. On the turn when he checks to me I'm leaning more towards a draw, possibly 1 that has just turned showdown value with top pair. On the river, I don't think he's capable of value betting a Queen, a set doesn't make sense as he would lead the turn, all I can put him on that beats me is trip aces with the A of spades.  Ofc the old "there's 2 on the board, so it's less likely he has 1" thing kicked in. I'm thinking it's three aces, OR a missed draw. As I said earlier in the thread, he range merged me to death here, and made a very good bet, I'm not sure how much he had thought it through, and how much it was lucky, but I don't think I could make it the bet, esp as the As could well be in my hand!!. He must have put me on exactly what I had, or QTs! Siquo!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

or he knows that your as loose as a prossies knicker elastic and put you on nowt
  • edited October 2011
    just admit it, you played it c r ap! lol

• edited October 2011
    I would have folded BUT having got the far a check on the turn after his showed weakness and a half pot bet would be my thought. Hoping for a fold.
  • edited October 2011
    Don't mind the non ship on the flop, if he not folding so... but even if you hit maybe your not getting paid so it's 50/50 for the shove flop me finks - but shoving flop, does this oppo fold Q with medium kicker ? Guess not, it shouts draw does the shove, but also could be AQ/KQ.

fold river though :s