You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL50 facing river push

edited October 2011 in The Poker Clinic
i think you are way over thinking it, fwiw id bet turn c/f river

if he calls 3bets 45% of the time he will have alot of Jx in his range

Comments

• edited October 2011
    v.good villain -1.8K hands with villain and he plays 22/19/7
    fold to 3b 55% and folds to 4b 22%

UTG folds
    UTG +1 folds
    CO ($67) raises to £1.50
    BTN folds
    HERO ($66) raises to $5 in SB with 10c10h
    BB folds

CO calls

FLOP ($10.50) 6h 4h Jd

hero bets 7$, CO calls 7$

TURN ($24.50) 6h 4h Jd Js

hero checks, CO check

RIVER ($24.50) 6h 4h Jd Js 3s

hero bets $19.50, CO raises to $52.90 (AI) hero?

i don't bet the turn because although i think im ahead, i dont want to give him the opportunity to outplay me
    strong bet on river to potentially induce bluff - this hand involved quite a bit of levelling aswell with our history
    i don't really put villain on a J, only AJ i suppose which makes his shove EV+ - main concern is him trapping with QQ+
    i think his range will include many PPs which he can turn into bluffs - or poss floating flop. obv FD maybe
    i think he knows my calling range is quite tight here, which is why i include a lot of air in his pushrange
    is my thought process ok?

• edited October 2011
    hate the river bet - if u want to catch the missed flush bluff you check call
    i would bet the turn to price out the draw

however once you bet 19/24 on the 5th its polarised his holding to exactly jx - full house or if he is particularly cr4p AA

easy fold but try the ch call next time

• edited October 2011

villain is v.good, he is member of teamonline pro on stars
    i hate c/c on river .. hes never betting a made hand that im beating - villain is def capable of making moves and high quite high agg factors on all 3 streets, with the river been the highest slightly
    i agree, his range is Jx, fh or a complete bluff ... but with him probably thinking he can make me fold a huge range thats when it becomes a bit more complex imo anyway

• edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: NL50 facing river push:
    villain is v.good, he is member of teamonline pro on stars i hate c/c on river .. hes never betting a made hand that im beating - villain is def capable of making moves and high quite high agg factors on all 3 streets, with the river been the highest slightly i agree, his range is Jx, fh or a complete bluff ... but with him probably thinking he can make me fold a huge range thats when it becomes a bit more complex imo anyway
    Posted by percival09
    Can you not find more value playing someone else?