You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Good Fold?

edited October 2011 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceStephe7VcSmall blind £0.25£0.25£56.09SHANKS474Big blind £0.50£0.75£38.75MARK123Big blind £0.50£1.25£17.22 Your hole cardsKK   delpottyFold    JibbzFold    MARK123Raise £0.50£1.75£16.72jimmynolegRaise £5.00£6.75£84.73Stephe7VcCall £4.75£11.50£51.34SHANKS474Fold    MARK123All-in £16.47£27.97£0.25jimmynolegAll-in £84.73£112.70£0.00Stephe7VcFold    jimmynolegUnmatched bet £72.26£40.44£72.26MARK123ShowJA   jimmynolegShowAA   Flop  103J   Turn  3   River  K   jimmynolegWinTwo Pairs, Aces and 3s£38.89 £111.

Is it good to fold Here? ,  Pre flop or should i have went on in regardless , The Player Who went all in was playing very Tight previous to this so i assumed he would have an Ace of some sort. Thanks.

Comments

• edited October 2011
    TBH INSTA-CALL FOR ME.DIFF IF I HAD QQ/JJ BUT ONLY ONE HAND BEATING YOU PRE SO ID DEFO CALL .
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Good Fold?:
    TBH INSTA-CALL FOR ME.DIFF IF I HAD QQ/JJ BUT ONLY ONE HAND BEATING YOU PRE SO ID DEFO CALL .
    Posted by cleaverjim

yeah in the long run its a good call i gues. Only folded due to how tight he was playing. Thanks
  • edited October 2011
    If you can make this fold regardless of result its a good read and a cracking fold
  • edited October 2011
    lol @ jimmynobrains
  • edited October 2011
    4bet pre instead of calling, commit yourself, sigh call with kings and do a back flip when you bink.  Simple really.

As played, very good read.  I would be exhausting the note function as well, interesting bet sizing throughout the hand.

However don't start looking to fold kings preflop more than extremely rarely, overall it's a losing proposition and you need very good reasons to do it.  Did you have them here or was it solely down to the betting?  And when I say very good I mean reads formed over several sessions rather than one or two?
  • edited October 2011
    I fold quad kings if jimmy does that lol.  

tightest on site FACT !
  • edited October 2011
    4bet pre instead of calling, commit yourself, sigh call with kings and do a back flip when you bink.  Simple really. As played, very good read.  I would be exhausting the note function as well, interesting bet sizing throughout the hand. However don't start looking to fold kings preflop more than extremely rarely, overall it's a losing proposition and you need very good reasons to do it.  Did you have them here or was it solely down to the betting?  And when I say very good I mean reads formed over several sessions rather than one or two?
    Posted by TommyD

Thanks for the advice, TBH The read was based on How tight i thought he was playing and the bet size. 
  • edited October 2011
    lol @ jimmynobrains
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    LOL :)
  • edited October 2011

Good fold?
    In my opinion... no - it's negative ev to fold kings pre in NL 6 max 100bbs deep even vs supernit like jimmynolegs.

As for the way the hand played out, must of been feelings of joy when you see you make an unbelievably good fold then after the river a WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

• edited October 2011
    I fold kings here IF and i mean only IF villian only does this with AA 'which means my notes have to be spot on' but in general readless or not much history and roughly 100bb's deep i think i have to call . and want to , every time.
  • edited October 2011
    i like the flat, but i flat to keep the fish in, expecting him to shove a lot of the time and jimmy to reshove as he did but he does this with JJ/QQ/AK not just AA....either way whether u 3 bet pre or call/call shove im getting it in 100bb deep
  • edited October 2011
    How does he have those 2 cards EVERY SINGLE TIME !!!
  • edited October 2011
    How does he have those 2 cards EVERY SINGLE TIME !!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    He keeps em up his sleeve BUT dont use em all the time as he does not want to raise suspicion ;)