You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

5c/10c beat me

Having reached the magical £200 mark I started playing some NL10 and through mostly good fortune I got that up to £280 at one point. Then I lost a few buy-ins and took my £250 and put it on an american site so that I could play NL10 but with a much deeper bankroll (£250 = $400 aprox) and make use of poker tracker.

I might be just going through a cold patch but the players on this site kicked my rear end. I either couldn't get paid off for my value hands. Or I'd flop a good pair but then get raised on a scary turn. I've heard of floating the turn but when I did call they would just fire again on the river.

I'm coming back to Sky as soon as I get my money back - now £200 :-(

Comments

• edited October 2011
    Hi,

I've played on FT, PS, UB, everest, titan, cake, 888 , party and Sky.  Sky is currently the softest site I play on.  Some sites I cannot win on for love nor money.  These days I stick to where I'm winning and to hell with everwhere else.  There is no need to play with the best and lose in poker.  I happily admit to chasing weaker players and taking their money wherever possible (and leaving tables where better players have come to sit). 

I've played as high as 25c/50c and $70 sng in the past and I've seen the same stupid mistakes at every level.  But i feel the smaller player pool here is an advantage not a disadvantage as some might think. 
  • edited October 2011
    i find 888 very soft. But sky is like home.
  • edited October 2011
    If you moved to PS you couldn't of made a worse decision. It is well known that this is one of the hardest sites on the internet for NL cash games even at 10nl.
    Should of just dropped back down to nl8 if you wanted to play with more buy ins.

One suspects you were blaming the site and not the variance/potential bad play for your downswing and so had to move to prove you were good enough.
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: 5c/10c beat me:
    If you moved to PS you couldn't of made a worse decision. It is well known that this is one of the hardest sites on the internet for NL cash games even at 10nl. Should of just dropped back down to nl8 if you wanted to play with more buy ins. One suspects you were blaming the site and not the variance/potential bad play for your downswing and so had to move to prove you were good enough.
    Posted by NColley
    I wasn't blaming the site. The reason for my downswing was simply a couple of beats, a couple of stupid calls and a shot at a 6-max sit and go (which I've no idea why I played because I suck at SnGs). I was also finding it harder to get a game at NL10 at off-peak times.
  • edited October 2011
    i find 888 very soft. But sky is like home.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Yip. I found this too. the $22bi gtd tourneys are crazy. 
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: 5c/10c beat me : Yip. I found this too. the $22bi gtd tourneys are crazy. 
    Posted by AAelmoAA
    abit above my stakes but i play cash and low stake mtts on 888, mtts and STTs on stars and everything on sky. By far the softest is 888 imo. Sky trully is home and i play my best on sky for some reason. Not sure for a reasoning on that