You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

this is the last straw

edited October 2011 in Area 51
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
mccboris26 Small blind  300.00 300.00 14317.50
Dozza Big blind  600.00 900.00 27908.73
 Your hole cards

kritesh Raise  1200.00 2100.00 40060.00
dougs Fold     
mahosive23 Fold     
fuller12 Fold     
mccboris26 Call  900.00 3000.00 13417.50
Dozza Call  600.00 3600.00 27308.73
Flop

mccboris26 Check     
Dozza Check     
kritesh Bet  2700.00 6300.00 37360.00
mccboris26 Call  2700.00 9000.00 10717.50
Dozza All-in  27308.73 36308.73 0.00
kritesh All-in  37360.00 73668.73 0.00
mccboris26 Fold     
kritesh Unmatched bet  12751.27 60917.46 12751.27
Dozza Show

kritesh Show

Turn

River

• Q

kritesh Win Three 4s 60917.46  73668.73

Comments

• edited October 2011
    y u callling pre
  • edited October 2011

HaHa Wind up...obv..?
  • edited October 2011
    And to think i got peeved when my AA was cracked , oh well i dont feel as bad now ive seen this MONSTER of ures lose ;))
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: this is the last straw:
    y u callling pre
    Posted by The_Don90
    5/1 pot odds, u call with any 2 in this spot.
  • edited October 2011
    The classic "getting value" excuse

With 2 7 off you are  9-1 to win the hand against AA, Kk QQ all the way down to 88 which are all legitimate raising hands and calling hands by 3rd player.

The only justification of saying you are getting pot odds of 5-1 so any 2 will do is if the other two players range is likely to be AK, KQ and against AK and KQ you are only 24% preflop

So at best preflop you are only ever 25% and that is best case scenario!

To take advantage of 5/1 pot odds you need suited connectors, connectors J high and above, I can't see any justification for calling with 2 7 off here and if calling a raise with a 25% chance is your last straw then you need help
  • edited October 2011
  • edited October 2011
    Unlucky M8ty This is a classic what i call !!Caught on the big blind!! it happens to most of the players all the time or is it it happens most of the time to all the players. Keep a note of this it will happen again when you get that free look at the flop. The other question is if you had Re-raised pree flop, yes with 2 7 would he have folded??

Have a look at my thread same thing, but i know better or do i?????? GL M8
  • edited October 2011
    Unlucky M8ty This is a classic what i call !!Caught on the big blind!! it happens to most of the players all the time or is it it happens most of the time to all the players. Keep a note of this it will happen again when you get that free look at the flop. The other question is if you had Re-raised pree flop, yes with 2 7 would he have folded?? Have a look at my thread same thing, but i know better or do i?????? GL M8
    Posted by rawhand
    Unfortunately, it is one of those grey areas which needs stamping out of the game. GL
  • edited October 2011
    IMO,does not matter if u get 20/1 to caLL with 7/2 bin the hand man BIN IT........................cost you the game by being mr pot odds scenario..Silly call and always will be.
  • edited October 2011
    i think pot odds are over rated in mtts. Yes they help but really mtts are mostly about feel imo.
  • edited October 2011
    IMO,does not matter if u get 20/1 to caLL with 7/2 bin the hand man BIN IT........................cost you the game by being mr pot odds scenario..Silly call and always will be.
    Posted by cleaverjim
    there are plenty of ppl who call their cards by pot odds. been taken out of tournys cos of the pot odds and by stupid calling cards such as 72
  • edited October 2011
    call with 7 2 you get what you deserve sorry
  • edited October 2011
    The classic "getting value" excuse With 2 7 off you are  9-1 to win the hand against AA, Kk QQ all the way down to 88 which are all legitimate raising hands and calling hands by 3rd player. The only justification of saying you are getting pot odds of 5-1 so any 2 will do is if the other two players range is likely to be AK, KQ and against AK and KQ you are only 24% preflop So at best preflop you are only ever 25% and that is best case scenario! To take advantage of 5/1 pot odds you need suited connectors, connectors J high and above, I can't see any justification for calling with 2 7 off here and if calling a raise with a 25% chance is your last straw then you need help
    Posted by SolarCarro
    If they are not "getting value" they usually have implied/reverse implied odds to call :)
  • edited October 2011
    the most over used saying in poker "well i got odds to call" 9/10 10/j qk maybe, 72 lol you got what you deserved, the worst starting hand in poker and you moan you got beat, fracking classic!!!
  • edited October 2011
    the most over used saying in poker "well i got odds to call" 9/10 10/j qk maybe, 72 lol you got what you deserved, the worst starting hand in poker and you moan you got beat, fracking classic!!!
    Posted by pod1
    This post is hilarious. Got what he deserved? Best starting hand should always win should it. You just totally ignore how it played out post flop. Maybe you should try some less predicatble play before criticising his play
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: this is the last straw : This post is hilarious. Got what he deserved? Best starting hand should always win should it. You just totally ignore how it played out post flop. Maybe you should try some less predicatble play before criticising his play
    Posted by baggs
    it doesnt matter how it plays post flop as there shouldnt be post flop to talk about. Ok take a bluff with 72o but to flat is just funny.
  • edited October 2011
    The classic "getting value" excuse With 2 7 off you are  9-1 to win the hand against AA, Kk QQ all the way down to 88 which are all legitimate raising hands and calling hands by 3rd player. The only justification of saying you are getting pot odds of 5-1 so any 2 will do is if the other two players range is likely to be AK, KQ and against AK and KQ you are only 24% preflop So at best preflop you are only ever 25% and that is best case scenario! To take advantage of 5/1 pot odds you need suited connectors, connectors J high and above, I can't see any justification for calling with 2 7 off here and if calling a raise with a 25% chance is your last straw then you need help
    Posted by SolarCarro
    Interested in this response. The bit I've highlighted above - where do the numbers come from? What's a player's "range"? I've heard this term before, ("calling range") but don't understand what it refers to.

Sorry if I sound biffy . . .
  • edited October 2011
    play what ever 2 cards you like baggs, i normally do, BUT dont put it up and whine when you get beat! "if you go to war make sure you got some weapons"
  • edited October 2011
    Are you continuing if u flop 1 pair?

It's 48/1 to flop 2 pairs..... (bit of a long shot)

You have no flush or straight possibilities.

Your equity in the hand is assuming you see all 5 cards.

You're going to check/fold 99% flops. 

FOLD. 
  • edited October 2011

The implied odds were there lads - look at the size of his big juicy stack! I was so close to getting it aswel.

No-one ever expects you to call with 7 2 o/s either, it was indeed the perfect disguise and it deserved a more fruitful award.

• edited October 2011
    The implied odds were there lads - look at the size of his big juicy stack! I was so close to getting it aswel. No-one ever expects you to call with 7 2 o/s either, it was indeed the perfect disguise and it deserved a more fruitful award.
    Posted by Dozza
    LOL
  • edited October 2011
    The implied odds were there lads - look at the size of his big juicy stack! I was so close to getting it aswel. No-one ever expects you to call with 7 2 o/s either, it was indeed the perfect disguise and it deserved a more fruitful award.
    Posted by Dozza
    lol nice one dozza..you got a bit of stick over op...but seem to of taken it in good spirit.....gl,dave
  • edited October 2011
    The reverese-implied odds were there lads - look at the size of his big juicy stack! I was so close to getting it aswel. No-one ever expects you to call with 7 2 o/s either, it was indeed the perfect disguise and it deserved a more fruitful award.
    Posted by Dozza
    FYP
  • edited October 2011
    play what ever 2 cards you like baggs, i normally do, BUT dont put it up and whine when you get beat! "if you go to war make sure you got some weapons"
    Posted by pod1
    Genuine question. Whats worse. Going into an area specifically called "Area 51" and posting (or whining as you say). Or going into said area, reading the posts and whining about people whining and telling them how they should play it instead completely ignoring the gist of the original post, which certainly was not "was my pre flop play here correct" or "should I have folded"

And its a game of poker, its not a war, thats not a very good analogy. But if you are going to use that then I would suggest he only "went to war" on the flop whereupon he was a big favourite. His pre flop play was merely diplomatic discussions
  • edited October 2011
    lol baggs, did i touch a nerve.  going into area 51 is a joy, i get to meet people like yourself. i dont whine my friend i tell it as i see it. the thing i dont like in poker and in life are people who moan whinge and whine when things are bad and even worse when things are going well, just find it brings a bad vibe. i have a work friend who whines that he has to pay 50% tax on some of his earnings, instead of thinking how lucky he is having a job that pays him enough money to be taxed that amount. people who win in poker and whine about bad beats are worse than people who lose and whine although whinging is whinging which ever way you look at it. man up deal with it and move on. nb anyone whinging and moaning in jest are exempt!! keep posting baggs you give me a reason to get up in the mornings!!!
  • edited October 2011
     Whinging is for wind Baggs   whining is for Alcoholics.!  Hugs :-))
  • edited October 2011
    i have a work friend who whines that he has to pay 50% tax on some of his earnings, instead of thinking how lucky he is having a job that pays him enough money to be taxed that amount. . . 
    Posted by pod1
    I'd whine too . . . in fact I already whine at having to pay 20% tax (plus 11% EE's NIC) when I see some of the ways that our honourable elected representatives in the House choose to spend it. But getting back to the original post and others' subsequent comments, yeah . . . whining that you lost a hand when calling pre-flop with 7,2o is a bit like walking out in the rain without an umberella and complaining you got wet.

In defence of the OP, it was posted in Area 51 and not in the Poker Clinic section.
  • edited October 2011
    very true goethe (about taxes and the umbrella analogy). this is area 51, not bbv though :-)
  • edited October 2011
    Well im sure hes thankful for the advice you gave him, let him know when it starts working for you
  • edited October 2011
    Don what does FYP mean?????????