You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is this a sick bad beat or what????? losing with 4 of a kind is really sick!!!!!!!!!!

edited October 2011 in The Poker Clinic
I was playing a cash game at my local snooker hall.
Stakes were £1/£2.
8 players.
Im on the button and wake up with 88.
Action folds round to the cut off who raises to 7, i flat call, SB folds and the big blind calls.
Flop comes 8c 8d 2s - DREAM FLOP BB checks, cut off bets £15.
I know im ahead so just flat call and the BB then folds. 
Pot is now £52. He has around £300 i have £160 left behind.
Turn comes Ah, im happy as im putting him on AK AQish.
he bets £60, i push all in he SNAP calls and shows AA
Im happy thinking i have won the nearly $300 pot............ alli have to do is dodge a Ace on the river.....
and then BAM river comes an Ace.
Grrrrrrrrrrrr i was gutted!!!!!!!
I thought this only happens on line.
So im now at home gutted lol oh the joys of poker hehehehehehehe

Comments

• edited October 2011
    Funny you should say that as the only time I've seen quads vs quads in my own games was also with AA vs 88.

Flop came A8x.

Turn... 8

Everything goes in, cards are shown..

River... A

Luckily, I wasn't involved. I imagine I'd be somewhat disgruntled if I'd had those 8s.

• edited October 2011
    In Response to Is this a sick bad beat or what????? losing with 4 of a kind is really sick!!!!!!!!!!:
    I was playing a cash game at my local snooker hall. Stakes were £1/£2. 8 players. Im on the button and wake up with 88. Action folds round to the cut off who raises to 7, i flat call, SB folds and the big blind calls. Flop comes 8c 8d 2s - DREAM FLOP BB checks, cut off bets £15. I know im ahead so just flat call and the BB then folds.  Pot is now £52. He has around £300 i have £160 left behind. Turn comes Ah, im happy as im putting him on AK AQish. he bets £60, i push all in he SNAP calls and shows AA Im happy thinking i have won the nearly $300 pot............ alli have to do is dodge a Ace on the river..... and then BAM river comes an Ace. Grrrrrrrrrrrr i was gutted!!!!!!! I thought this only happens on line. So im now at home gutted lol oh the joys of poker hehehehehehehe
    Posted by macapaca
    vul, i like your analysis on the flop, spot on :)

so who rigged the deck then?

also i like the change in currency half way through
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Is this a sick bad beat or what????? losing with 4 of a kind is really sick!!!!!!!!!!:
    Funny you should say that as the only time I've seen quads vs quads in my own games was also with AA vs 88. Flop came A8x. Turn... 8 Everything goes in, cards are shown.. River... A Luckily, I wasn't involved. I imagine I'd be somewhat disgruntled if I'd had those 8s.
    Posted by Pysterman
    It was horrible im still thinking about it now hahahahah it happened 2 hours ago and cant get it out of my hands so having a few beers at home to forget about it
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Is this a sick bad beat or what????? losing with 4 of a kind is really sick!!!!!!!!!!:
    In Response to Is this a sick bad beat or what????? losing with 4 of a kind is really sick!!!!!!!!!! : vul, i like your analysis on the flop, spot on :) so who rigged the deck then?
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    lol it wernt rigged we were self dealing and my brother was dealing that hand haha