You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BINGO

idiot wins again JOKE............
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
gazzy8924 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £3.85
andybuck Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £9.70
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

BURNShurtz Call  £0.10 £0.25 £4.84
quadfather Raise  £0.30 £0.55 £13.33
channy9394 Fold     
gazzy8924 Call  £0.25 £0.80 £3.60
andybuck Raise  £1.00 £1.80 £8.70
BURNShurtz Raise  £3.40 £5.20 £1.44
quadfather Fold     
gazzy8924 Fold     
andybuck Raise  £4.80 £10.00 £3.90
BURNShurtz All-in  £1.44 £11.44 £0.00
andybuck Unmatched bet  £0.96 £10.48 £4.86
andybuck Show
  • Q
  • K

BURNShurtz Show
  • A
  • A

Flop

• Q
  • K

Turn

River

andybuck Win Two Pairs, Kings and Queens £9.78  £14.64

Comments

• edited October 2011
    TBH - I really don't see how you can expect to be winning this hand with those hole cards?

Committing your stack with nothing more than a starting "Pair" is pretty suicidal in monetary terms in Omaha.

There are not many ways a hand like this is going to improve on the flop, turn or the river imo and a pair of aces is just not good enough in Omaha to be shoving all-in.

If you are insinuating that this hand is "BINGO" play? then, your actions in this hand resulted in the outcome.
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: BINGO:
    TBH - I really don't see how you can expect to be winning this hand with those hole cards? Committing your stack with nothing more than a starting "Pair" is pretty suicidal in monetary terms in Omaha. There are not many ways a hand like this is going to improve on the flop, turn or the river imo and a pair of aces is just not good enough in Omaha to be shoving all-in. If you are insinuating that this hand is "BINGO" play? then, your actions in this hand resulted in the outcome.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    all i can say to that is lol.....
  • edited October 2011
    TBH - I really don't see how you can expect to be winning this hand with those hole cards? Committing your stack with nothing more than a starting "Pair" is pretty suicidal in monetary terms in Omaha. There are not many ways a hand like this is going to improve on the flop, turn or the river imo and a pair of aces is just not good enough in Omaha to be shoving all-in. If you are insinuating that this hand is "BINGO" play? then, your actions in this hand resulted in the outcome.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    +1 you're not far in front a close race at best
  • edited October 2011
    Neither of you should be All in pre-flop, Omaha is a post flop game where you aim to be holding or drawing to the nuts.

AA with danglers is the most common badly played hand in Omaha, Tikay would give solid advice on this hand, why not cross post it on Ask Tikay thread?

His starting 4 are better than yours, he has double flush possibilities and Straight possibilities while your starting hand has one nut flush opportunity and set mining outs, thats all, the AA is never going to win this hand.

Quadfather plays the hand best, raises then gets out when he sees the mayhem ensue.
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: BINGO : +1 you're not far in front a close race at best
    Posted by bigandy18
    you are getting confussed with pre flop and post flop play of AAxx. pre flop with a player reraising you will always be ahead unless he has AAxx also. pre flop omaha and holdem are the same AA is the best starting hand, the strength of your omaha hand as a whole is only determined when you see the flop.  
  • edited October 2011
    Neither of you should be All in pre-flop, Omaha is a post flop game where you aim to be holding or drawing to the nuts. AA with danglers is the most common badly played hand in Omaha, Tikay would give solid advice on this hand, why not cross post it on Ask Tikay thread? His starting 4 are better than yours, he has double flush possibilities and Straight possibilities while your starting hand has one nut flush opportunity and set mining outs, thats all, the AA is never going to win this hand. Quadfather plays the hand best, raises then gets out when he sees the mayhem ensue.
    Posted by SolarCarro
    again someone getting confussed with pre flop play, vs 1 opponent allin pre AAxx wil be a fav all day long. AAxx is a massive trap hand on the flop.
  • edited October 2011
    I'd be happy to get it in pre flop with both of these hands given the stack sizes.

Both plays are fine imo.

K Q T 6 D/S is a decent hand, and always happy to get AAxx in, especially for 50xbb.
  • edited October 2011
    Not being rude but to try and get it all in on a cash game pre regardless of hands unless    AAKK two suits or Maybe something like 9 t j q two suits is ridiculous your both playing it bad. Tournament play yes however your hand is face up as how you played it like a holdem player meaning he knows most if not all his cards are live and just has to dodge an ace.

As played if his 6 hearts was an 8 of hearts i would be happy to put it in against you watching how you played the hand.

Also AA is not always the best hand as often enough you could both have aces and and you 9 7 doesnt play to well.
    More skill in omaha and this hand is played like a holdem game play through the streets you will find you will save losing full buyins on marginal fav hands
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: BINGO : you are getting confussed with pre flop and post flop play of AAxx. pre flop with a player reraising you will always be ahead unless he has AAxx also. pre flop omaha and holdem are the same AA is the best starting hand, the strength of your omaha hand as a whole is only determined when you see the flop.  
    Posted by BURNShurtz
    Just ran the numbers 2% in it. like i said a race
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: BINGO : Just ran the numbers 2% in it. like i said a race
    Posted by bigandy18
    where??
  • edited October 2011
    if its bad to put all our money in pre with AA WHEN IS IT GOOD TO???? im intrssted to know how you would all play this??
  • edited October 2011
    Not being rude but to try and get it all in on a cash game pre regardless of hands unless    AAKK two suits or Maybe something like 9 t j q two suits is ridiculous your both playing it bad. Tournament play yes however your hand is face up as how you played it like a holdem player meaning he knows most if not all his cards are live and just has to dodge an ace. As played if his 6 hearts was an 8 of hearts i would be happy to put it in against you watching how you played the hand. Also AA is not always the best hand as often enough you could both have aces and and you 9 7 doesnt play to well. More skill in omaha and this hand is played like a holdem game play through the streets you will find you will save losing full buyins on marginal fav hands
    Posted by Batkin88
    i understand its not a good hand if i see a flop, if i had my way id have AATJds everyhand. however once the hand is reraised i have to either fold or get my money in pre vs 1 oppnent im going to be a fav. even tho you love his hand he still has to have a flop, turn or river card to make his hand a winner thats where i think people are getting confussed with what im saying.
  • edited October 2011
    download an omaha odds app and try it yourself. No matter who you ask that plays omaha to a decent level they will tell you that your kickers make your hand average but if you don't want to believe all of us then do continue.
  • edited October 2011
    I'd be happy to get it in pre flop with both of these hands given the stack sizes. Both plays are fine imo. K Q T 6 D/S is a decent hand, and always happy to get AAxx in, especially for 50xbb.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    i dont think i could of played it any other way.
  • edited October 2011
    download an omaha odds app and try it yourself. No matter who you ask that plays omaha to a decent level they will tell you that your kickers make your hand average but if you don't want to believe all of us then do continue.
    Posted by bigandy18
    i know my hand is not that good, look at the way it played..i want to see the flop as cheap as possible how ever i cant coz of the raise and reraise.....so my options is either fold ( would you honestly??) or get my money in as i cant just call and see a flop coz my other two cards are not that good.
  • edited October 2011
    just an article i found that i thought i'd post here

How not to play Bad Aces | Omaha Poker

Published September 19, 2010

Another spectrum of how you should not play aces is when you have a really shi**y hand, with aces in them. Let’s take the worst kind of “ace” hand for example; AcAs7h2d, it is unsuited, and has no valued side cards whatsoever. Ok, you can make a straight with A2-345, but that is IT. The only other thing you can hit is an Ace, but usually the board is still scary, especially when you reach a non-board pairing turn. And perhaps a board like 22x or 77x can make you happy, but still, almost no chance on a full house, since you have a pair in your hand. And even if you hit another 7 of 2, you don’t really have a very good full do you? So what are you doing with such a hand? Just throw it away, not always, mind you, but I think that even if you always throw this kind of hand in the bin, you will not lose money on it, in fact, you will win money.

The only possible situation you want to encounter is when you can push near all-in preflop in a heads up scenario, and even then you are not really a big favorite, except against non-premium Kings. And think about the rake (usually 5%) in a near coin flip situation for example.

Out.

• edited October 2011
    honestly not having a go but with the kicker issues i call pre and see what comes. just what i'd do.
  • edited October 2011
    honestly not having a go but with the kicker issues i call pre and see what comes. just what i'd do.
    Posted by bigandy18
    as i said i wanted to just call pre but i think calling the the reraise would cost me more money in the long run.
  • edited October 2011

Lol how can you expect to win? its not nl holdem where your goin to be a strong favourate, its omaha.. whenever you get it in pre in omaha there are so many ways of gettin outdrawn.

• edited October 2011
    I'd be happy to get it in pre flop with both of these hands given the stack sizes. Both plays are fine imo. K Q T 6 D/S is a decent hand, and always happy to get AAxx in, especially for 50xbb.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    this
  • edited October 2011
    You shouldnt be getting 50xbb in with AA anything IMO your never getting called by KKXX or QQXX because your hand is face up meaning you are being called by double paired hands another AAxx or a huge running and flushing hand so its not good advice to tell players to wack it all in pre with AA in omaha unless HU where your hand isnt so face up.
    PLaye the streets its alot more skillful than holdem and you will save and make more money playing down the streets
  • edited October 2011
    This is a 60/40 situation.

And as people said is a perfect situation for the villian as he knows you have aces.

Omaha is a postflop game esp. cash.
  • edited October 2011
    You shouldnt be getting 50xbb in with AA anything IMO your never getting called by KKXX or QQXX because your hand is face up meaning you are being called by double paired hands another AAxx or a huge running and flushing hand so its not good advice to tell players to wack it all in pre with AA in omaha unless HU where your hand isnt so face up. PLaye the streets its alot more skillful than holdem and you will save and make more money playing down the streets
    Posted by Batkin88
    getting it in wiv AAxx is fine even when 100 bb's deep, u get called by KKxx plenty

plus, if u r 3/4 betting AAxx then u shud also be doin this with other hands so then obv ur face isnt 'face up'