You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Line check - JJ 3way, 1 over on flop

edited October 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Reads/Notes:

Player A - ALWAYS buys in (& tops back up) to 40bb. Never seen him buy in for more than this. I've played with him a fair bit & any time he raises PF it's always 4x or 5x & always with strong hands (TT+, AQ+). On at least 3 separate occasions I've seen him open 4x pre then massively overbet the flop (both wet & dry boards) with AA. I've also seen similar with QQ & KK when no overs appear. It's for this reason that I've just flatted pre.

Player B - I've no notes on him & don't recognise the name but we've had a few run ins on this table already. He's been calling pretty much any PF raise with anything remotely connected or suited so his range here is wide to say the least. A few orbits prior to this he called my PF raise with 43o OOP & called 2 streets with bottom pair.

When player A just checks here I think there's a reasonable chance that I could actually have the best hand here, but obviously I've got player B to act behind. In this spot can/should I bet here & if so how much? If I bet here then it's with the intention of taking it down.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
 Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £11.19
 Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £5.97
 Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

Raise  £0.32 £0.44 £3.36
silentbob Call  £0.32 £0.76 £11.18
 Fold     
Call  £0.32 £1.08 £3.95
 Fold     
 Fold