You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

correct play or should i have just flat called turn? although i did win.

edited October 2011 in The Poker Clinic

Player
ActionCardsAmountPotBalance
toffeeefc Sit out        
buzzerram Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £3.77
GFKIJKLL Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £6.48
  Your hole cards

bichasila Fold        
bahh Call   £0.04 £0.10 £5.75
ace_queen1 Fold        
buzzerram Call   £0.02 £0.12 £3.75
GFKIJKLL Check        
Flop

• A

buzzerram Check        
GFKIJKLL Check        
bahh Bet   £0.09 £0.21 £5.66
buzzerram Fold        
GFKIJKLL Raise   £0.39 £0.60 £6.09
bahh Raise   £0.98 £1.58 £4.68
GFKIJKLL Raise   £1.81 £3.39 £4.28
bahh All-in   £4.68 £8.07 £0.00
GFKIJKLL All-in   £4.28 £12.35 £0.00
GFKIJKLL Unmatched bet   £0.73 £11.62 £0.73
GFKIJKLL Show

bahh Show

Turn

River

bahh Win Straight to the 10 £10.74   £10.74

Comments

• edited October 2011
    or should i have just pushed it all in as soon as he reraises my bet
  • edited October 2011
    Tbh mate i think folding pre is best at this level. Most of them will call with J2 of clubs thwrefore killing your flush draw. Upon hitting this flop u gta stack. nh
  • edited October 2011
    Raise or fold pre, fold is best imo.

Flop you can never fold with that draw.
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: correct play or should i have just flat called turn? although i did win.:
    Raise or fold pre, fold is best imo. Flop you can never fold with that draw.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    +1 dont limp pre.
  • edited October 2011
    limp is fine - get it on flop as quick as possible

if you raise they going to call anyway so therefore ie. / same gravy
  • edited October 2011
    When you limp you HAVE to hit i.e get lucky. when you raise you can cbet.
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: correct play or should i have just flat called turn? although i did win.:
    When you limp you HAVE to hit i.e get lucky. when you raise you can cbet.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    np getting lucky at NL4 )

seriously you can 3x it pre if you want and then c-bet, does give you more ways to win pot.

limp or raise is fine, so many stations at NL4 that a large percentage of c-bets get called anyway :()
    If you table is limp to fold then yeah raise/c bet all day

• edited October 2011
    Depends how confident you are playing post flop.

I'd open it. You should be good enough to play well post flop so you could too, but limp is ok. 

I'd limp behind if there's a couple of players already limped in before me (assuming they aren't short stacked)

Happy to get it in on the flop, but prefer a shove (**edit, or a big, pot committing raise, 2.40ish) over his flop raise as the ideal scenario is we get him to fold.

Nice bink.

Don't withdraw, move up to nl8 asap. 
  • edited October 2011
    Nothing wrong with this apart from pre-flop. You can raise 12p or 16p to a) build the pot and b) gain the initiative going to the flop, I would say c) fold out the rubbish in the blinds but at NL4 you have zero fold equity so that doesn't work.

On that flop you are actually the favorite against just about all hands. Against two pair you are 50:50. The only hand that has you behind is a set and even then it's about 60:40. If you intend to get it all in on the flop then I think you can 3-bet the flop much bigger. Put him to a decision to all his chips. What you don't want to happen is for you opponent to call your 3-bet and see a turn, if the turn bricks he can shove on you and give you a very tough decision. If you miss on the turn you pot equity halves and it's a tough spot if he bets the turn when you have an OESFD.

Don't feel bad about binking the straight. I played a hand this evening against the same villian, my QQ vs his JJ and he hit on the river. So really that's my money that you just won off him. I'll find you and get it back ;-)
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    ginnykez Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £4.62
    jugglegeek Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £4.98
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

chancjr Fold        
    GFKIJKLL Raise   £0.12 £0.18 £5.12
    ginnykez Call   £0.10 £0.28 £4.52
    jugglegeek Raise   £0.32 £0.60 £4.66
    GFKIJKLL Raise   £0.96 £1.56 £4.16
    ginnykez Fold        
    jugglegeek All-in   £4.66 £6.22 £0.00
    GFKIJKLL Call   £3.94 £10.16 £0.22
    jugglegeek Show
    • Q
    • Q

GFKIJKLL Show
    • J
    • J

Flop

Turn

• A

River

• J

GFKIJKLL Win Three Jacks £9.39   £9.61
  • edited October 2011
    Nothing wrong with this apart from pre-flop. You can raise 12p or 16p to a) build the pot and b) gain the initiative going to the flop, I would say c) fold out the rubbish in the blinds but at NL4 you have zero fold equity so that doesn't work. On that flop you are actually the favorite against just about all hands. Against two pair you are 50:50. The only hand that has you behind is a set and even then it's about 60:40. If you intend to get it all in on the flop then I think you can 3-bet the flop much bigger. Put him to a decision to all his chips. What you don't want to happen is for you opponent to call your 3-bet and see a turn, if the turn bricks he can shove on you and give you a very tough decision. If you miss on the turn you pot equity halves and it's a tough spot if he bets the turn when you have an OESFD.Posted by jugglegeek
    We are a very slight favourite against one pair hands and better straight draws. We are a very slight dog against 2 pairs and about  42% against sets and bigger flush draws so if we are a favourite here its a pretty slight one imo. I doubt we have much fold equity either. With money in pot getting it in prob fine, but its not going to be hugely profitable spot.

Raise or fold pre, and I would lean towards folding at 4NL. I prob get it in on flop, but 3bet much bigger. Your implied odds should be ok here though, I think flatting flop raise might be an option ip