You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lisa's first night

edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
Just a quick post to congratulate Lisa on her first night, she has been superb especially putting up with Tikay calling her sarah :( well done hunny your were fantastic!! 

Tikay all i can say is your are one lucky fella!! Great show tonight, even though i crashed out of the freeroll in 412th place :(

Comments

• edited October 2009

here here, i crashed out later than that i think but got done by runner runner for other guy to hit a straight, gutted!

• edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Lisa's first night:
    here here, i crashed out later than that i think but got done by runner runner for other guy to hit a straight, gutted!
    Posted by webby234

Went all in AK suited, 2 others hit flush and a straight :( them's the breaks though lol :)
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Lisa's first night:
    Just a quick post to congratulate Lisa on her first night, she has been superb especially putting up with Tikay calling her sarah :( well done hunny your were fantastic!!  Tikay all i can say is your are one lucky fella!! Great show tonight, even though i crashed out of the freeroll in 412th place :(
    Posted by margatemaf
    Lisa did very well, couple of nice rips into TK - I liked the Elephant memory one, all in all a good first outing for our new hostess with the mostess.

Dave
  • edited October 2009
    she did a great job imo,and i came 8th in the open winning £140 which was nice,would rather have made the final table then get the money though,but still good.
  • edited August 2010
    But then tikay telling Lisa-Marie that Socrates is remembered for inventing socks was pretty special!
  • edited October 2009
    she did a great job imo,and i came 8th in the open winning £140 which was nice,would rather have made the final table then get the money though,but still good.
    Posted by namesb0nd
    well played namesbond---I watched your table for a while--great stuff!!

well done lisa---you've inspired me to get my telly back !!
  • edited October 2009
    Hi

Yup, Lisa-Marie did a fantastic job last night and looked a vision in that lovely dress, obviously another great addition to the Sky Team :)
  • edited October 2009

well done lisa great first night, definately got my attention watching!

• edited October 2009
    JEEEEEESUS!!

I can honestly say I've not been so nervous in front of a camera for quite a while. And I've been presenting for a fair few years now!

Apart from a few hairy moments .I actually had a lot of fun and HUGE appreciation to the SP community for your support and emails. Really kept me going. As well as the BOSS who practically held my hand the whole way through..What a Legend!

Kudos also to the very hard working team behind the scenes lead by World Champ Ms Ling.

Hope you enjoyed the Freeroll.. and managed to get the password before the seats filled up. Not that the Boss was trying too hard to keep it a secret!

CONGRATULATIONS to BilkoMGS for a well deserved win and to everyone that cashed in tonights' show.

Thanks again all. Tikay always says it's you guys that make the show and last night I found that out for myself!

xxx
  • edited October 2009
    well your nerves didn't show!! you were on the money last night!! keep going like that an you'll go far say ... being a presenter on This Morning LOL :))))) ( just kidding, we don't want to lose you!!)
  • edited October 2009
    JEEEEEESUS!! I can honestly say I've not been so nervous in front of a camera for quite a while. And I've been presenting for a fair few years now! Apart from a few hairy moments .I actually had a lot of fun and HUGE appreciation to the SP community for your support and emails. Really kept me going. As well as the BOSS who practically held my hand the whole way through..What ang when  Legend! Kudos also to the very hard working team behind the scenes lead by World Champ Ms Ling. Hope you enjoyed the Freeroll.. and managed to get the password before the seats filled up. Not that the Boss was trying too hard to keep it a secret! CONGRATULATIONS to BilkoMGS for a well deserved win and to everyone that cashed in tonights' show. Thanks again all. Tikay always says it's you guys that make the show and last night I found that out for myself! xxx
    Posted by LML
    It can't be that many years - unless you started presenting when you were ten. :-)
    You were great despite having Tikay hindering you.
  • edited October 2009
    Well done Sar....errr, Lisa! ;-) You did awesome & were entertaining, and as said above the nerves didn't show.
  • edited October 2009

I thought she was magnificent, well done young Lady.

Before the Sky Poker Channel made it's maiden transmission, (31st January 2007?), we rehearsed every night. From OCTOBER 2006. True!

so, 3 or 4 months of "as-live" rehearsals, every single night.

So we'd all done the Show 15 or 20 times before it ever went Live.

Last night was Lisa's first night. Prior to that, she did ONE Screen-Test, which she flew through, in 15 minutes flat. And that was it. An amazing performance by her. She works very hard at her job, is very bright, & has been on the Site almost every night for a few weeks now, becoming friends with a lot of the Online Regulars. That's what I call "living the job", Orford style, & with that attitude, she can't fail.

Rich Orford, & now Lisa, will always be respected here, because they don't just wander into the Studio come Show-Time, they are on the Site almost every day. That's proper dedication, & they both deserve to succeed, imo

Your support was crucial too - she was moved almost to tears by how you guys helped her.

Her professionalism in the Studio was evident though - many of you will "know" Lisa from Sky Vegas, where she was front-of-camera for a very long time.

Top marks to 'Ling, too, who conducted the Screen-tests for new Female Presenters, & I think 12 or 14 young Ladies were Tested, all of them with great credentials. The final two selected were Lisa, & Sarah. 'Ling did pretty good, yeah?

PS - Guess who was the Studio "stooge" for all the Screen Tests. I know, I know, I run good.
  • edited October 2009
    I thought she was magnificent, well done young Lady. Before the Sky Poker Channel made it's maiden transmission, (31st January 2007?), we rehearsed every night. From OCTOBER 2006. True! so, 3 or 4 months of "as-live" rehearsals, every single night. So we'd all done the Show 15 or 20 times before it ever went Live. Last night was Lisa's first night. Prior to that, she did ONE Screen-Test, which she flew through, in 15 minutes flat. And that was it. An amazing performance by her. She works very hard at her job, is very bright, & has been on the Site almost every night for a few weeks now, becoming friends with a lot of the Online Regulars. That's what I call "living the job", Orford style, & with that attitude, she can't fail. Rich Orford, & now Lisa, will always be respected here, because they don't just wander into the Studio come Show-Time, they are on the Site almost every day. That's proper dedication, & they both deserve to succeed, imo Your support was crucial too - she was moved almost to tears by how you guys helped her. Her professionalism in the Studio was evident though - many of you will "know" Lisa from Sky Vegas, where she was front-of-camera for a very long time. Top marks to 'Ling, too, who conducted the Screen-tests for new Female Presenters, & I think 12 or 14 young Ladies were Tested, all of them with great credentials. The final two selected were Lisa, & Sarah. 'Ling did pretty good, yeah? PS - Guess who was the Studio "stooge" for all the Screen Tests. I know, I know, I run good.
    Posted by Tikay10

Like I keep saying TK, you do get all the best jobs!!

• edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Lisa's first night : Like I keep saying TK, you do get all the best jobs!!
    Posted by Grimstar30
    Also like to say well done Lisa. That was probably the best debut since Wayne Rooney scored a hat-trick in Europe on his!
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Lisa's first night : Also like to say well done Lisa. That was probably the best debut since Wayne Rooney scored a hat-trick in Europe on his!
    Posted by darich
    Good shout!!! :)
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Lisa's first night : Also like to say well done Lisa. That was probably the best debut since Wayne Rooney scored a hat-trick in Europe on his!
    Posted by darich
    I wish to confirm, for the record, that I never scored. Never even hit the Post.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Lisa's first night : I wish to confirm, for the record, that I never scored. Never even hit the Post.
    Posted by Tikay10
    there is a comment to be made here, but i am going to refrain ... being such a new member :)))
  • edited October 2009
    I'm away this weekend and only now grabbing some 'forum time' on the brother in laws computer. Here i am straight onto sky poker to find out how it all went! 

Congrats from all accounts Lisa for a great debut. Gutted i missed it and missed out in playing as well.  Glad Tikay was nice. Did Tikay let u sit on his lap like he does with Orford? ;)
  • edited October 2009
    I'm away this weekend and only now grabbing some 'forum time' on the brother in laws computer. Here i am straight onto sky poker to find out how it all went!  Congrats from all accounts Lisa for a great debut. Gutted i missed it and missed out in playing as well.  Glad Tikay was nice. Did Tikay let u sit on his lap like he does with Orford? ;)
    Posted by phil12uk

ouch!! that wasn't very nice phil lmao :) she was pretty amazing mate! i think she is gonna be to the poker world what dame vera lyn was to the forces :)
  • edited October 2009
    I only caught 10 minutes of so of the show last night, but was very impressed by Lisa Marie's presenting.  You couldn't tell it was her first night, it looked like she'd be presenting on Sky Poker for years!  Well done LM :)
  • edited October 2009
    Just watching the show now on a repeat and I'm well impressed.

Not sure though about LM's constant referral to Tikay as 'boss'.

Ah well- she'll quickly learn...
  • edited October 2009
    Just watching the show now on a repeat and I'm well impressed. Not sure though about LM's constant referral to Tikay as 'boss'. Ah well- she'll quickly learn...
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    It's a new edict from Head Office. Henceforth, the Presenters have to address the Analyst as "Boss". Bear that in mind, please.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Lisa's first night : It's a new edict from Head Office. Henceforth, the Presenters have to address the Analyst as "Boss". Bear that in mind, please.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Rich doesn't need an analyst now he is a pro ;)

So I guess that would make Rich self-employed 
  • edited October 2009

Great show guys...TK legendary as ever...Lisa looking simply stunning!!
    When are we going to see TK in a presenting role? With the clipboard he'd be a dead ringer for that Dennis Norden (Itl be alright on the night)

• edited October 2009
    first times i watched it that night, she was good yeh.
  • edited October 2009
    Great show guys...TK legendary as ever...Lisa looking simply stunning!! When are we going to see TK in a presenting role? With the clipboard he'd be a dead ringer for that Dennis Norden (Itl be alright on the night)
    Posted by MH45706
    I tried it last night. I lasted about 45 seconds, & the unanimous view was that I am to Presenting what Orford is to playing poker. A hopeless, helpless, hapless no-hoper.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Lisa's first night : I tried it last night. I lasted about 45 seconds, & the unanimous view was that I am to Presenting what Orford is to playing poker. A hopeless, helpless, hapless no-hoper.
    Posted by Tikay10
    thats a bit harsh Tony you wereny that good .............sorry bad
    col