You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Can't fold here right?

edited October 2011 in The Poker Clinic
sdlfkhs56 Sit out        
Dudeskin8 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £10.55
POOLMAN529 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £11.65
  Your hole cards

luigi1 Call   £0.10 £0.25 £4.11
jacko12346 Raise   £0.20 £0.45 £4.62
Dudeskin8 Call   £0.15 £0.60 £10.40
POOLMAN529 Call   £0.10 £0.70 £11.55
luigi1 Call   £0.10 £0.80 £4.01
Flop

Dudeskin8 Bet   £0.60 £1.40 £9.80
POOLMAN529 Call   £0.60 £2.00 £10.95
luigi1 Fold        
jacko12346 Fold        
Turn

Dudeskin8 Bet   £1.30 £3.30 £8.50
POOLMAN529 All-in   £10.95 £14.25 £0.00
Dudeskin8

Comments

• edited October 2011
  • edited October 2011

i assume he lost to a set of 7's or a straight

Still cant fold but wouldnt be amased when I dont have the best hand

Hows NL20 been treating you, might play some this weekend then there's a big fish to take £££ from

• edited October 2011
    I don't think I'd lead that flop multi way. 

It's hard to get any kinda leverage in the pot by leading.

As played bet the turn bigger, don't fold. 

Villain is an unknown to me so reads wud help but I can't fold to an unknown here.
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Can't fold here right?:
    i assume he lost to a set of 7's or a straight Still cant fold but wouldnt be amased when I dont have the best hand Hows NL20 been treating you, might play some this weekend then there's a big fish to take £££ from
    Posted by PiAnOpLaYa
    Not awful, not brilliant mainly treading water now. Major problem is lack of fish, there are bad players there but it's often like 1-2 to a table and the rest are either solid nits or Laggy guys which I hate playing against lol

Playing at the weekend is a very good idea as at least you'll get more table choice then, good luck with it mate.
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Can't fold here right? : Not awful, not brilliant mainly treading water now. Major problem is lack of fish, there are bad players there but it's often like 1-2 to a table and the rest are either solid nits or Laggy guys which I hate playing against lol Playing at the weekend is a very good idea as at least you'll get more table choice then, good luck with it mate.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    I'm too lazy to table select just open a full 1 click find similier table till i have as many as i want!

I'm def on the laggy/fish side of things cant sit there and wait for aces
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Can't fold here right? : I'm too lazy to table select just open a full 1 click find similier table till i have as many as i want! I'm def on the laggy/fish side of things cant sit there and wait for aces
    Posted by PiAnOpLaYa
    Yh I only stick to 2-3 atm so make sure I'm playing the worst players I can find, having 4-5 walks an orbit gets a bit tiresome lol
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Can't fold here right? : Not awful, not brilliant mainly treading water now. Major problem is lack of fish, there are bad players there but it's often like 1-2 to a table and the rest are either solid nits or Laggy guys which I hate playing against lol Playing at the weekend is a very good idea as at least you'll get more table choice then, good luck with it mate.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    There are tonnes of fish.

You just have to play differently to be able to exploit them.

There's huge massive fish @ nl4 where playing a range of 8 hands can show a profit.....

Are you not doing anything/interested in doing anything constructive to adapt ur game.......

You can't be a massive nit all ur life!!! (not meant as a rubdown btw, as so far thats been the perfect style to beat the levels you've beaten) .......
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Can't fold here right? : There are tonnes of fish. You just have to play differently to be able to exploit them. There's huge massive fish @ nl4 where playing a range of 8 hands can show a profit..... Are you not doing anything/interested in doing anything constructive to adapt ur game....... You can't be a massive nit all ur life!!! (not meant as a rubdown btw, as so far thats been the perfect style to beat the levels you've beaten) .......
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Would love 2!

Cant play ABC nit poker get very bored a tilted but at the moment im playing wayyyyyyy to many hands at NL10
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Can't fold here right? : There are tonnes of fish. You just have to play differently to be able to exploit them. There's huge massive fish @ nl4 where playing a range of 8 hands can show a profit..... Are you not doing anything/interested in doing anything constructive to adapt ur game....... You can't be a massive nit all ur life!!! (not meant as a rubdown btw, as so far thats been the perfect style to beat the levels you've beaten) .......
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    LOL, yh I have been opening it up slightly of late including low SC's/GSC's into the range but only in good position like CO/Btn.

I think in terms of simply playing LOOSE, it's quite tough as like you say the way I've been playing up till now has worked fine, and tbh if not for some badbeats/coolers the tight strategy would work fine as well at NL20 but I admit longterm it'll be better to open up.
  • edited October 2011
    Of all the hands u've posted, which are normally v good btw....

I don't think I've ever seen you ask about a good spot to bluff....

Even if you never ever plan to bluff in your life, alot of your reg opponents read the clinic. You can use this section of the forum to build an image as well as learn at the same time...

When the level is full of tight passive/stationy type players , which they are (if you start 3betting wider IP, you'll see they'll start to flat OOP alot more) you gotta play the opposite to them.....

They'll also fold to alot of 3bets and you start making money that way. 

It's an easy game when there's fish basically handing over their money, but these r different fish who are still willing to give it away, they just want u to work abit harder to get it.

+1 to alot easier at night & weekends btw.

• edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Can't fold here right? : LOL, yh I have been opening it up slightly of late including low SC's/GSC's into the range but only in good position like CO/Btn. I think in terms of simply playing LOOSE, it's quite tough as like you say the way I've been playing up till now has worked fine, and tbh if not for some badbeats/coolers the tight strategy would work fine as well at NL20 but I admit longterm it'll be better to open up.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    If you can play enough tables i think tight would work fine.

Do you find players are making more mistakes post flop now?
  • edited October 2011
    Of all the hands u've posted, which are normally v good btw.... I don't think I've ever seen you ask about a good spot to bluff.... Even if you never ever plan to bluff in your life, alot of your reg opponents read the clinic. You can use this section of the forum to build an image as well as learn at the same time... When the level is full of tight passive/stationy type players , which they are (if you start 3betting wider IP, you'll see they'll start to flat OOP alot more) you gotta play the opposite to them..... They'll also fold to alot of 3bets and you start making money that way.  It's an easy game when there's fish basically handing over their money, but these r different fish who are still willing to give it away, they just want u to work abit harder to get it. +1 to alot easier at night & weekends btw.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

+1 to Doh's comments 

Also Dude well done on hitting NL20, if it ain't broke don't fix it, well maybe just a little fine tuning )

• edited October 2011
    dont fold

from what Ive seen of 20NL here thee is plenty of fishies and I think  playing pretty nitty will be profitable, particularly if you table select well
  • edited October 2011
    Of all the hands u've posted, which are normally v good btw.... I don't think I've ever seen you ask about a good spot to bluff.... Even if you never ever plan to bluff in your life, alot of your reg opponents read the clinic. You can use this section of the forum to build an image as well as learn at the same time... When the level is full of tight passive/stationy type players , which they are (if you start 3betting wider IP, you'll see they'll start to flat OOP alot more) you gotta play the opposite to them..... They'll also fold to alot of 3bets and you start making money that way.  It's an easy game when there's fish basically handing over their money, but these r different fish who are still willing to give it away, they just want u to work abit harder to get it. +1 to alot easier at night & weekends btw.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    LOL well that's the thing all the way up to this level bluffing wasn't needed hardly at all so the questions were''t on on that topic. If anything many hands are spots where it's all fairly standard and I just need to go with it and stop being scared (not so bloody tight)....

Yh this is something which I've thought about but always think it'll be the one time they have AA/KK and then 4bet and I have to fold :(, of course that doesn't happen often and if they don't have a pair they miss 2/3 of the time and hence most c-bets should work but that all seems rather risky lol

TBH and obviously this would be major -EV for you but a slight upgrade on the Micro stakes cash guide but one for low limit cash would be great, although I think it might just be a case of changing my mindset completely as for some strange reason I find playing tight and just playing my hands REALLY relaxing and enjoyable and don't get bored at all like some people have mentioned. This is probably due to positive reinforcement, like training a dog I play tight and winning consistently is my reward so now I have to retrain my brain.
  • edited October 2011
    Open up ure game dude now ure at nl20 , you have to be far more wider with ure raising , c bettin AND bluffin , in all honesty i make prob 1/3 or so of my profit in sessions by doing exactly this.Also as dohh says there are plenty of fish at this level still , in fact ive only found 6 or so really solid regs at nl20 , even a gd few that multi 4-6 tables aint actually in all honesty great players.
  • edited October 2011
    Open up ure game dude now ure at nl20 , you have to be far more wider with ure raising , c bettin AND bluffin , in all honesty i make prob 1/3 or so of my profit in sessions by doing exactly this.Also as dohh says there are plenty of fish at this level still , in fact ive only found 6 or so really solid regs at nl20 , even a gd few that multi 4-6 tables aint actually in all honesty great players.
    Posted by debdobs_67
    Yh this is something that I don't think about much but you have a point just cus they multitable doesn't mean they're brilliant, guess I'll have to try testing them more....