You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Check or Bet?

edited October 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Dudeskin8 Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £24.74
noodles272 Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £19.60
  Your hole cards

mardel501 Fold        
madriles22 Call   £0.20 £0.50 £13.36
Dudeskin8 Raise   £0.70 £1.20 £24.04
noodles272 Fold        
madriles22 Call   £0.60 £1.80 £12.76
Flop

Dudeskin8 Bet   £1.20 £3.00 £22.84
madriles22 Call   £1.20 £4.20 £11.56
Turn

Dudeskin8 Bet   £2.10 £6.30 £20.74
madriles22 Call   £2.10 £8.40 £9.46
River

• A

Dudeskin8

Comments

• edited October 2011
    It's a hard one.  I think personally I would check to call, as the other persons play looks like a missed flush draw, unless he's slow playing a monster.  If it's a missed draw he will just fold to a bet, were if he has a monster, he will come over the top all in, either way, I would say check to call is the better long term option, you'll get some value from river bluffs.
  • edited October 2011
    c/c

only better is calling, worse is folding

• edited October 2011

Only getting called by better here tbh i would consider check folding the river here on the basis that if he is chasing the flush he could easily hold the ace. Pre flop action could have a low suited ace e.g A6 lol
    Could have 7's or 8's or a lower set aswell. I think your check call losing alot more here than check call winning so i would check to fold.
    Bet bigger on turn aswell here if you think your ahead

• edited October 2011
    This is a tricky one and highlights the perils of playing out of position with what is marginal holding by the river. Betting is a definite no no, you just folding out worse hands, getting called by every thing that beats you and reraised by air and monsters in equal measure. Whether you check to call a bet or fold bepends on your read on the villain - will they chase and bluff a missed draw?. But generally even a conservative button calling range is ahead here (TT,66,22,33,Ah2h+,Jh9h+,AQo+). LAGgier holdings such as A6s/76s got you in a world of pain - so I'd be checking to fold IMHO.
  • edited October 2011
    How about c/r river as a bluff )
  • edited October 2011
    raise more pre, bet more on flop and turn, shove river....you need to look at his stack size in relation to the pot as you start the hand and be looking to setup river shoves
  • edited October 2011
    @rancid: Because this is micro's and that micronit JJ gonna call your c/r!!

Agree with the other posts about bet sizing, you made it too seductive for missed draws to get to the river and bluff in position.
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Check or Bet?:
    c/c only better is calling, worse is folding
    Posted by rancid
    +1
  • edited October 2011
    raise more pre, bet more on flop and turn, shove river....you need to look at his stack size in relation to the pot as you start the hand and be looking to setup river shoves
    Posted by lynx3ffect
    This is strange because I'd have thought inflating the pot massively with a marginal hand hand isn't good but you think that's the best approach ?
  • edited October 2011
    i think your sizing is fine with the hand you have
  • edited October 2011
    Posted by lynx3ffect
    raise more pre , why?? he's made it 3.5x

bet more on flop , yep fine

bet more on turn , again fine

shove river , yep as his stack is prob nearly all inz anyway
  • edited October 2011