You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

T2P off flop facing dangerous turn and second donk lead. 125BB deep

edited October 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Readless
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
aces4m Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £0.78
necrochimp Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £7.42
 Your hole cards
  • J
  • K

elliam4401 Call  £0.08 £0.20 £14.24
The_Don90 Raise  £0.32 £0.52 £10.58
Double_up Fold     
aces4m Fold     
necrochimp Fold     
elliam4401 Call  £0.24 £0.76 £14.00
Flop

• J
  • K

elliam4401 Bet  £0.24 £1.00 £13.76
The_Don90 Raise  £1.17 £2.17 £9.41
elliam4401 Call  £0.93 £3.10 £12.83
Turn

• A

elliam4401 Bet  £3.10 £6.20 £9.73
The_Don90 ????

Comments

• edited October 2011
  • edited October 2011
    As above post Q 10 seems likely here OR poss he's hit 2 pr with the A now
  • edited October 2011
    This is one of those horrible spots where I think I should probably fold but I don't know if I can.

Readless I think it probably is a fold though. Looks a bit like a set to me.
  • edited October 2011

Im not folding here,I prob flat in an (probably vain) attempt to pot control given his weird line and the pot size turn donk

• edited October 2011
    Could be AK

think i fold

gotta be fold or shove - cant' see him not betting river
  • edited October 2011
    AJ or Ak or Q10

I fold this one i think
  • edited October 2011
    I had one of these a while back, 2 pair on flop caught up by better 2 pair, here though you have Q10 to think about aswell and the pot bet looks like he wants paying, propbaly sigh fold this deep.

On a tangent though would you value bet here if checked to, as I think I would and therefore why shouldn't you continue to think you're ahead when donkbet into?
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: T2P off flop facing dangerous turn and second donk lead. 125BB deep:
    I had one of these a while back, 2 pair on flop caught up by better 2 pair, here though you have Q10 to think about aswell and the pot bet looks like he wants paying, propbaly sigh fold this deep. On a tangent though would you value bet here if checked to, as I think I would and therefore why shouldn't you continue to think you're ahead when donkbet into?
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    cos if its checked , you assume weakness , if they do what oppo did , you think they want payin off , back to the former yeah course i value bet IF checked but thats the standard art of this game yeah ?? still dont mean if then set all-in i call
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: T2P off flop facing dangerous turn and second donk lead. 125BB deep:
    I had one of these a while back, 2 pair on flop caught up by better 2 pair, here though you have Q10 to think about aswell and the pot bet looks like he wants paying, propbaly sigh fold this deep. On a tangent though would you value bet here if checked to, as I think I would and therefore why shouldn't you continue to think you're ahead when donkbet into?
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    This is my problem dude. look at his sizing of his leads. First on the flop its small. He flats when i come back over the top.

The turn is insta pot size. Now call my stupid i dont think AK is really a major card in his range AJ might be, QT defo is. 7's for a set is also in his range. looking at the preflop action imo. Looking back at this i really dont see what i beat.