You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A couple of hands to go over please guys!

Hand 2.

Never seem to get value for these hands. Player had been aggro from what i had seen and seemed certain to bet. FWIW, i will be very aggro with this usually but with an aggro monkey to act after me i decided to check the flop. I know the result of this hand will be 'bet your hand you div!' but can i some times try and induce another bet from villain even at this level? Hated how i played this hand, but the question is, now i beat the flush, what do i make the bet on the river, looks like villain could now have a big piece of this. Whats the river play? Do i bet big to make it look like a steal? If he has nothing he wont call any bet on this board but if he has a half decent club he should call a decent sized bet, views pls.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
DrSharp Big blind  £0.08 £0.08 £9.62
  Your hole cards
  • A

necrochimp Fold     
GADGETBOY1 Fold     
xCall  £0.08 £0.16 £3.20
DrSharp Check     
Flop

• A
  • A

DrSharp Check     
xCheck     
Turn

DrSharp Check     
xCheck     
River

DrSharp

Comments

• edited October 2011
    Hand 1.

This was at NL8, not many reads but table had been pretty loose with most players appearing to be playing too many hands. My image was one of very tight as i had been dealt complete junk. My c-bets, usually were between half pot to 3/4 pot sized and had been succesful more often than not. Two questions about this hand,

1) 3-bet pre, or happy to play in position?

2) Obviously quite happy to take this here and now with that flop, so what size do i bet the flop?
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    cougar26 Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £7.32
    Daniel-son Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £6.72
      Your hole cards

duonross Fold     
    GFKIJKLL Raise  £0.24 £0.36 £15.80
    DrSharp Call  £0.24 £0.60 £9.00
    cougar26 Fold     
    Daniel-son Call  £0.16 £0.76 £6.56
    Flop

Daniel-son Check     
    GFKIJKLL Check     
    DrSharp Bet  £?.??
  • edited October 2011
    1-flat pre is fine, bet 55p for value on flop (not sure why you are happy to "take it here and now")

2 - I dont mind flop check, but definitely bet turn. River Im not sure at this level , I prob pot it and hope he raises but can see arguments for both making it 50p or even just jamming. Also I would consider raising pre
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: A couple of hands to go over please guys!:
    1-flat pre is fine, bet 55p for value on flop (not sure why you are happy to "take it here and now") 2 - I dont mind flop check, but definitely bet turn. River Im not sure at this level , I prob pot it and hope he raises but can see arguments for both making it 50p or even just jamming. Also I would consider raising pre
    Posted by grantorino

This is possibly a weak part of my game to be brutally honest. I used to really push these hands and got burnt quite often. I basically think any other low card could complete a str8 draw (unlikely but its there) and obviously any heart completes a flush so i am not going to like many more undercards. I arent going to like many overs either so i find my mind wandering across to 'fairy mode' and wanting the pot done and dusted now.

Please put me right on this grantorino. What would you be thinking here? You want action because....?

• edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: A couple of hands to go over please guys!:
    In Response to Re: A couple of hands to go over please guys! : This is possibly a weak part of my game to be brutally honest. I used to really push these hands and got burnt quite often. I basically think any other low card could complete a str8 draw (unlikely but its there) and obviously any heart completes a flush so i am not going to like many more undercards. I arent going to like many overs either so i find my mind wandering across to 'fairy mode' and wanting the pot done and dusted now. Please put me right on this grantorino. What would you be thinking here? You want action because....?
    Posted by DrSharp
    Ok, well first I will say that if you want to bet just to protect your equity in the pot, this isnt a bad board to do it on. But people often use this as an excuse to play bad poker imo, you should only really do it when worse wont call but you have a hand which is usually best now but vulnerable and will only be called on later streets by better. I'll make a couple of points, and feel free to disagree with them, because as I said I think this isnt a bad spot to protect

I think worse hands call my bet.

If they fold the fact I have an overpair is meaningless I may as well have 24o

When we try to protect, very few big draws will fold, do you think these guys fold 8 outers or better? I dont really beleive in protecting against overs or gutshots, again some will disagree. Yes every card can beat us, but it probably wont and villains will let us know if they make  a straight or better

We are ip, which means we can usually pot control a bit here. I would rarely be betting 3 streets unless my hand improves