You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I can never be this good

edited October 2011 in The Poker Clinic
The villain in this hand is, in my opinion, one of the best cash players on the site.  He also posts fairly regularly.  Strong, aggressive, capable of 3betting me light in position.  In this session I've had one notable tricky hand cold calling an open with aces against a former player on the table, hand went to showdown.  Was planning to C/R the flop, the bet didn't come.  What am I missing?  How did I not get a lot more in this hand?  Dude too good.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
ezryder Small blind  £0.50 £0.50 £121.50
EVILEDNA Big blind  £1.00 £1.50 £197.92
PUSSYP0KER Sit out     
  Your hole cards

TommyD Raise  £3.00 £4.50 £409.96
xRaise  £13.00 £17.50 £201.82
princes182 Fold     
ezryder Fold     
EVILEDNA Fold     
TommyD Call  £10.00 £27.50 £399.96
Flop

TommyD Check     
Check     
Turn

TommyD Bet  £17.00 £44.50 £382.96
Call  £17.00 £61.50 £184.82
River

• A

TommyD Bet  £31.00 £92.50 £351.96
Call  £31.00 £123.50 £153.82
TommyD Show

xMuck
  • K
  • K

TommyD Win Full House, 10s and 9s £121.70

Comments

• edited October 2011
    Blame the river ace)
  • edited October 2011
    You could have bet slightly more on the turn I suppose, maybe £20. Apart from that I think both of you played it perfect.

• edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: I can never be this good:
    You could have bet slightly more on the turn I suppose, maybe £20. Apart from that I think both of you played it perfect.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    Would him continuing with Kings be a mistake?  Let's face it, my calling range pre isn't as tight as it maybe should be.
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: I can never be this good : Would him continuing with Kings be a mistake?  Let's face it, my calling range pre isn't as tight as it maybe should be.
    Posted by TommyD
    HI TD,
    I don't play cash and this is wayy outta my league but from your desc of oppo and depending on his reads on you and how you had been betting previously i'd say your check on the flop possibly may have given it away? A bet on flop may have disguised it?

As I say just my 2p worth.

• edited October 2011
    he is good i think betting into him on flop is the best way to induce some action as it may look like ur drawing and he could come back over the top tbh though played like this i think he is good enough to get away
  • edited October 2011

It's a difficult one, hate to donk lead w/ sets in 3bet raiser because they'll just fold AK type hands so then we just hope he has an overpair.
    Possibly overbet lead the turn? £40? Sets it up for the river a bit more.

• edited October 2011
    all results orientated replies, cant do anymore, guess your image for that session wasnt what it needed to be for him to c-bet flop and believe he gets more value
  • edited October 2011
    id c/r river alot his hand looks alot like ace high on the turn
  • edited October 2011
    Definitely think i should have folded river precisely because my hand looks like AK.
  • edited October 2011
    Definitely think i should have folded river precisely because my hand looks like AK.
    Posted by offshoot
    If you had AK your still good enough to do the same and call, respect )
  • edited October 2011
    It's a difficult one, hate to donk lead w/ sets in 3bet raiser because they'll just fold AK type hands so then we just hope he has an overpair. Possibly overbet lead the turn? £40? Sets it up for the river a bit more.
    Posted by NColley
    At nl4 maybe but here these ot play against each other alot so its reads dependent and who is the bette player as opposed to who has the best cards
  • edited October 2011
    all results orientated replies, cant do anymore, guess your image for that session wasnt what it needed to be for him to c-bet flop and believe he gets more value
    Posted by lynx3ffect
    There all different replies above so not really, if the result wasn't posted i dont think many of above will be different. Very arrogant to imply every poster above yours is working on the result and then to come up with the answer you couldnt do anymore
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: I can never be this good : There all different replies above so not really, if the result wasn't posted i dont think many of above will be different. Very arrogant to imply every poster above yours is working on the result and then to come up with the answer you couldnt do anymore
    Posted by Batkin88
    guess i must be very arrogant then...