You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Concetration - Closing Out - Tips Please

Most of you know I play for fun more than reward.
But lately my game has improved and I've found myself in 4 MTT's with almost 200 starters Chip Leader with less than 35 players left.
It's at this point the Red Mist appears and I s natch defeat from victory finishing 32nd 31st 29th & 14th.
I'm sure others must have experienced similar melt downs!
What should I have done?
- Stepped away from the machine and made copious coffees while the short stacks destroyed themselves.
- bullied with aggression pre flop
- Put a sign on my avatar that says "donk chips help yourselves"
I know it's concentration/frustration that lets me down how do you guys play out with a chip lead?

Comments

• edited October 2011
    In Response to Concetration - Closing Out - Tips Please:
    Most of you know I play for fun more than reward. But lately my game has improved and I've found myself in 4 MTT's with almost 200 starters Chip Leader with less than 35 players left. It's at this point the Red Mist appears and I s natch defeat from victory finishing 32nd 31st 29th & 14th. I'm sure others must have experienced similar melt downs! What should I have done? - Stepped away from the machine and made copious coffees while the short stacks destroyed themselves. - bullied with aggression pre flop - Put a sign on my avatar that says "donk chips help yourselves" I know it's concentration/frustration that lets me down how do you guys play out with a chip lead?
    Posted by DUNMIDOSH
    I like to try and bully in position raising alot in unopened pots,

try not to just call your chips off always be the aggressor.
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Concetration - Closing Out - Tips Please:
    In Response to Concetration - Closing Out - Tips Please : I like to try and bully in position raising alot in unopened pots, try not to just call your chips off always be the aggressor.
    Posted by PiAnOpLaYa
    + 1
  • edited October 2011

Play the complete opposite to your table if its tight bully them to hell if its loose tighten up and when you hit bet big