You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

KK A high flop facing small donkbet

edited October 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Player isn't great, not REG, mainly just limps, calls raises pre.
welshjam Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £4.72
x Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £10.12
dykes12 Big blind   £0.20 £0.50 £4.80
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

DN34689 Fold        
jme_86 Fold        
dykes12 Check        
Dudeskin8 Raise   £0.80 £1.30 £23.08
welshjam Call   £0.70 £2.00 £4.02
x Call   £0.60 £2.60 £9.52
dykes12 Fold        
Flop

• Q
  • A

welshjam Check        
x Bet   £0.60 £3.20 £8.92
Dudeskin8

Comments

• edited October 2011

tbh i would be shutting down with that flop and 2 callers.
    2 choices really forget the donk bet and raise it to what your c bet would of been or just fold and credit one with the ace set or str8 horrible flop for kings.

You can call and hope you hit your jack but if you do your value has gone

• edited October 2011
    No point foldin for 60p mate , might as well call and take it from there
  • edited October 2011
    that is such a small donk bet lead out of 60 p u are the preflop raiser i would raise this up to around £2 if u get called u still have outs imo i defo raise this represent a big hand as u was preflop raiser u can get all ace rags to fold etc :) 
  • edited October 2011

im probably raiseing to £2 - £2.50 ish

option b is flat.

• edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: KK A high flop facing small donkbet:
    call
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    dis!

U shud give 1 word answers more often, you might get alot more right!

• edited October 2011
    Ok so did that but now what....?
    welshjam Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £4.72
    x Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £10.12
    dykes12 Big blind   £0.20 £0.50 £4.80
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

DN34689 Fold        
    jme_86 Fold        
    dykes12 Check        
    Dudeskin8 Raise   £0.80 £1.30 £23.08
    welshjam Call   £0.70 £2.00 £4.02
    x Call   £0.60 £2.60 £9.52
    dykes12 Fold        
    Flop

• Q
    • A

welshjam Check        
    x Bet   £0.60 £3.20 £8.92
    Dudeskin8 Call   £0.60 £3.80 £22.48
    welshjam Fold        
    Turn

x Bet   £0.80 £4.60 £8.12
    Dudeskin8
  • edited October 2011
    easy call again
  • edited October 2011
    y call dnt understand u are the preflop raise so if some 1 is donk betting on the flop u have got 2 raise u are the preflop raiser u can get all ace rags to fold if u raise it up in my opinion 
  • edited October 2011
    y call dnt understand u are the preflop raise so if some 1 is donk betting on the flop u have got 2 raise u are the preflop raiser u can get all ace rags to fold if u raise it up in my opinion 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    totally disagree with this

some villains think a pair of aces is the nuts and they are never folding. If we raise bigish on the flop its not for value as it is unlikely that any worse hands continue. I dont see the point of turning our hand into a bluff.

I think we can safely call the turn again. We could still be ahead, but if we raise were inflating a pot where we could be crushed and again more than likely folding out anything that we beat.

the villains donk bets are pathetic. I think they have the 10, the Q possibly 10j or QJ, or maybe a weak raggy ace. From the playing style mentioned, i wouldnt be surprised to see a raggy ace. suppose we cant rule the nuts out either but thats unlikely as we hold 2 kings.

sry dohhhh thats more than 1 word, so i expect you think what i have said is nonsense lol
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: KK A high flop facing small donkbet : totally disagree with this some villains think a pair of aces is the nuts and they are never folding. If we raise bigish on the flop its not for value as it is unlikely that any worse hands continue. I dont see the point of turning our hand into a bluff. I think we can safely call the turn again. We could still be ahead, but if we raise were inflating a pot where we could be crushed and again more than likely folding out anything that we beat. the villains donk bets are pathetic. I think they have the 10, the Q possibly 10j or QJ, or maybe a weak raggy ace. From the playing style mentioned, i wouldnt be surprised to see a raggy ace. suppose we cant rule the nuts out either but thats unlikely as we hold 2 kings. sry dohhhh thats more than 1 word, so i expect you think what i have said is nonsense lol
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    I was gonna type something along the lines of this but Greg says it so much better than I would've.

Make the call here
  • edited October 2011
    FML I agree with Greg ;-)
  • edited October 2011
    lol at raising flop or turn, call both looks ok, but I dont hate folding flop
  • edited October 2011
    Yep easy call again , now showustheriver dude ;)
  • edited October 2011
    1 word loooooooool we all play hands diffrently i would play this hand different to all your posts 
  • edited October 2011
    I'd play it fairly passively hoping for a Jack to fall.. others might be praying for a straight too, of course, but you're beaten by any ace, and the board is screaming 2 pair or straight. Maybe this reaction is my ptsd from KK having horror beats (except my massive all in pre flop suck out with KK v AA on 10p/20p last saturday... we'll forget the nice stories)
  • edited October 2011
    Sighcall both streets, and call weak river bet. Just as likely to be doing this w/ bottom pair as they are an A.
  • edited October 2011

Dude, update on this hand please? What did u do on the turn?

• edited October 2011
    I folded cus I iz a dirty nit, plus just felt like I was being milked and din't fancy calling a decent bet on the river.