You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thank you all

edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
I would just like to say thank you to all the skypoker community, I have been reading your threads for the last month and have been taking in everybodys advice on how to play poker.

I believe I am learning a lot from all your threads (yes even Tikays) and feel its making me a better player ( not that I've won anything.......YET).

So although I dont ask for advice, I take in all the advice you give to others as I'm sure many people do.

once again thanks all

Comments

• edited October 2009
    Always nice to read a happy post!

may I wish u well and have good fortunes at the tables.
  • edited October 2009
    thanks phil, I hope I do too.

I'm not a big spender but am learning how to play donks, even that I play like that meself sometimes.lol
  • edited October 2009
    well cocasire i now have you noted as one to fear ,

good idea always listening to advice on here ,

best of luck on the tables ,

may the poker gods be with you.
  • edited October 2009
    Glk .... Cocasire,   they try to please, they're a nice lot in genera, l just look out when playing the Ladies here  ..they are sneaky     :)
  • edited October 2009
    thank you irishrover and bennydip2.........maybe one day i'll take your chips instead of giving you all of mine......lol.

• edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Thank you all:
    Glk .... Cocasire,   they try to please, they're a nice lot in genera, l just look out when playing the Ladies here  ..they are sneaky     :)
    Posted by bennydip2
    that madmoo yeah i agree :o)~           lol
  • edited October 2009
     Annie owch .... :))        lol
  • edited October 2009
    Madmoo is class , and cmon annie you know it ..GREEN ARMY GREEN ARMY : )
  • edited October 2009
    Dad's Army got more chance than Green Army :(
  • edited October 2009
    Dad's Army got more chance than Green Army :(
    Posted by annie_duke
    TRUE
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Thank you all:
    I would just like to say thank you to all the skypoker community, I have been reading your threads for the last month and have been taking in everybodys advice on how to play poker. I believe I am learning a lot from all your threads (yes even Tikays) and feel its making me a better player ( not that I've won anything.......YET). So although I dont ask for advice, I take in all the advice you give to others as I'm sure many people do. once again thanks all
    Posted by COCASIRF
    Nice one, the invoice is in the post ;)
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Thank you all : that madmoo yeah i agree :o)~           lol
    Posted by annie_duke
    Lol Annie, nice to see you back:)
  • edited October 2009
    I am another one wh oreads the forums and take in the advice from other players.
    I am still waiting win anything really big.
    I did win a speed tournament twice a few months after I started but nothing since.
    Good luck with you game play.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Thank you all:
    I would just like to say thank you to all the skypoker community, I have been reading your threads for the last month and have been taking in everybodys advice on how to play poker. I believe I am learning a lot from all your threads (yes even Tikays) and feel its making me a better player ( not that I've won anything.......YET). So although I dont ask for advice, I take in all the advice you give to others as I'm sure many people do. once again thanks all
    Posted by COCASIRF
    Hi mate, i have only been on here a week or so and i am in the same boat as you. The feeling i get so far that it is a solid group with a lot of knowledge, so your defo in the right place :) i
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Thank you all : Lol Annie, nice to see you back:)
    Posted by MADMOO
    thx moo...watch it i'm saving my penny's then i'm comin 4 ya lol...:o)
  • edited October 2009
    hi all,just have to agree with all of this.please note this is not a brag.started on this site only a few months ago,and was very green.i have now won several of the SPEED TOURNS,SEVERAL FINAL TABLES IN THE EVENING B/H TOURNS,IN THE MONEY IN THE £10 B/H AND A 1ST IN A TK SLEEPSTACK AND A COUPLE OF FINAL TABLE 7.00PM DEEPYS.all of this is by reading your posts of advice and playing you in tounaments.so a BIG TY to all you GUYS and GIRLS.GL 2 U ALL
  • edited October 2009
    Hi COCASIRF

Its a pleasure, anything we can do to help, we will.
  • edited October 2009
    Hi COCASIRF Its a pleasure, anything we can do to help, we will.
    Posted by acebarry10

thanks acebarry........lend us a tenner....lol.....only kidding.
    I see you do quite lot for skypoker, keep it up mate your doing a sound job.

and thanks to everyone else, I enjoy playing people with a lot of knowledge and maybe it might rub off on me.

there is one thing I dont understand and that is the complaints about bad beats. the way I see it is thats poker and it will always happen where ever you play, so I take it on the chin and just get on with it as it works both ways.
  • edited October 2009
    We shared the same freeroll table didn't we? I had errrrr...... exceeded the drink drive limit by that time, shall we say :-/ I was doing ok until I got down to about 8BB and shoved with an A (sooted!) and someone called with just a JJ, which as we know only has a 3.65% chance of winning against any hand - but it did :-( Totally fixed! lol

Anyway.. Great thread! Good luck at the tables, see ya around.

• edited October 2009
    We shared the same freeroll table didn't we? I had errrrr...... exceeded the drink drive limit by that time, shall we say :-/ I was doing ok until I got down to about 8BB and shoved with an A (sooted!) and someone called with just a JJ, which as we know only has a 3.65% chance of winning against any hand - but it did :-( Totally fixed! lol Anyway.. Great thread! Good luck at the tables, see ya around.
    Posted by NoseyBonk

yes mate we were on the same table, I blew out aswell and I was stone cold sober,as for the odds for me going out was 1/10 on...lol.

I'm sure we will be on the same table again and look forward to it.