You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Stop this please

edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
Ok, i go onto a cash table. Feeling lucky, i click a 8/10 table (prefer 10 seaters) and go onto it. One seat was taking during the loading the other is reserved and taken quickly afterwards. So i look around the table and theres three people Sitting out. I wait for 10 mins (around 5 or 6 hands, if not more) and they are still sat out. I think this is unfair, that people can walk away for ages and not get removed from the table.

Comments

• edited October 2009
    they do get removed but im not sure what the criteria is
  • edited October 2009
    it is usually one round and then they are taken off the table.
  • edited October 2009
    Must admit it winds me up no end also
  • edited October 2009

Hi guys

The official ruling of if you are sat at a cash game and you opt to sit out and remain sat at the table, once 5 hands have been played without you, you will be removed from the table allowing other players who are waiting to join the table and sit down.

hope this helps,

rich.

• edited October 2009

I dont think you get long enough for a break , I usually do a 5 hour session on a night, half way through I like to get a drink, use toilet, grab a snack, etc etc  I literally have to run to get it all done before I am kicked off tables.

The problem is when people lose their money, they seem to be left on the table for ages.

I think ruling should be you can sit out for 5 minutes and then kicked off, either if its for a break or you lost your money. As on a tight six handed table 5 hands can be played in 2 minutes. Where as if its a 10 handed it may take 10 min for 5 hands if players are loose.

• edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Stop this please:
    I dont think you get long enough for a break , I usually do a 5 hour session on a night, half way through I like to get a drink, use toilet, grab a snack, etc etc  I literally have to run to get it all done before I am kicked off tables. The problem is when people lose their money, they seem to be left on the table for ages. I think ruling should be you can sit out for 5 minutes and then kicked off, either if its for a break or you lost your money. As on a tight six handed table 5 hands can be played in 2 minutes. Where as if its a 10 handed it may take 10 min for 5 hands if players are loose.
    Posted by ajs4385
    GREAT Post, which sums up the problem perfectly.

It must be quite a problem for ajs, too, as he plays a lot of Tables simultaneously.

I used to have an AJS motorbike.
  • edited October 2009

Very similar to this. What a beaut, eh?

• edited October 2009
    Very similar to this. What a beaut, eh?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Very nice, but didn't have you down as a 2-wheel man. Had you down as a Series III V12 Jag man ;-)  Dodgy geeezer lol

• edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Stop this please : Very nice, but didn't have you down as a 2-wheel man. Had you down as a Series III V12 Jag man ;-)  Dodgy geeezer lol
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    I think I had 8 or 9 motorbikes before I became a 4 wheel man.

I'm seriously tempted to buy a motorbike again, actually.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Stop this please : I think I had 8 or 9 motorbikes before I became a 4 wheel man. I'm seriously tempted to buy a motorbike again, actually.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Get one with a sidecar so you can have Rich sit in with you ;-)

• edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Stop this please : Get one with a sidecar so you can have Rich sit in with you ;-)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Wow, that evoked memories.

This is a typical scene from my youth.

• edited October 2009
    Which one is u Tikay???
  • edited October 2009
    Nice photo's Tikay.
    I remeber when my dad had two bubble cars, one in blue and one in pink.
    I am not sure if it was one for each foot or not.
  • edited October 2009
    Which one is u Tikay???
    Posted by phil12uk
    +1

Just wasn't brave enough to be the first to ask lol
  • edited October 2009
    Nice photo's Tikay. I remeber when my dad had two bubble cars, one in blue and one in pink. I am not sure if it was one for each foot or not.
    Posted by apollo_11
    Oh my, bubble-cars were THE thing to have!

Can you believe that this one below was a.....BMW?!

• edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Stop this please : Oh my, bubble-cars were THE thing to have! Can you believe that this one below was a.....BMW?!
    Posted by Tikay10
    Mate of mine has one in perfick condition. Can't believe it's the predecessor to my M3 CSL
  • edited October 2009
    My Father had an AJS with sidecar. When I was 12 I had a Lindop sports bow for Christmas, with 36 inch brass tipped arrows, one of which I fired into my younger brothers thigh. We made the trip to hospital with Mum and me in the sidecar and dad driving with little brother riding pillion with the arrow still sticking out of his leg. We inadvertently invented those sticky-out things that cyclists use nowadays to make cars keep their distance.
  • edited October 2009
    We inadvertently invented those sticky-out things that cyclists use nowadays to make cars keep their distance.
    Posted by elsadog
    Arms?