You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

AK OOP - now what?

edited October 2011 in The Poker Clinic
To say this table was loose would be a massive understatement. Raises & open shoves for 130bb was standard so I've waited to find a hand & thought this was it.

Player A sat down with the max buy in about 10 minutes prior to this. He won a ~65bb pot within a few hands but then lost a load when he called an AI pre with A8o!

Player B - Likes raising the button a lot. I haven't actually noticed any of his showdowns though as I was multi tabling. However given the amount of times he was raising I think it's fair to say that he's got a fairly wide range here.

My initial plan was to get it in against player B pre as I'm very confident I'm well ahead of his range here. However I didn't count on player A coming along for the ride & when B just flatted I was stuck.

Two questions:

1 - My 3b pre. Is this too much?
2 - With two to act behind me what do I do on the flop? If I bet then I'm committed but if I check then I'm likely to find myself bet off the pot when I could even still have the best hand.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
 Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £9.41
silentbob Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £11.14
 Your hole cards
  • A
  • K

Fold     
Call  £0.08 £0.20 £7.94
 Fold     
BRaise  £0.40 £0.60 £2.76
 Fold     
silentbob Raise  £1.20 £1.80 £9.94
Call  £1.20 £3.00 £6.74
BCall  £0.88 £3.88 £1.88
Flop

• Q

silentbob ???    

Comments

• edited October 2011
    So not just me who gets AK then lol

3bet pre looks fine. 

B you obvz can get it in on flop but A makes it tricky, he can't really have a hand here open limp calling a 3bet but sucks if you bet and he shoves although I don't think you can bet/fold so probably check and call all in from B but fold if A gets involved before then.
  • edited October 2011
    As played, depends on how the table was playing. Are these 2 villains calling everything on the flop or can you force them to put a hand down with a c-bet. Wish you left their names in, i probably know them. lol

Player dependent really. If i think they fold to flop bets then i might make it £2.50 but it would take some nice reads to do this. Otherwise, i probably give up if i am readless.

To be honest, i sometimes just call pre flop as i know i am out of position if this happens. This also hides the strength of my hand and i get away cheaply if i miss the flop as above.

How you going at NL8 bob?

A looks like he could be set mining or something and B looks like he has JJ, even QQ type hand if i were to assign some sort of hands to these 2 (readless).
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: AK OOP - now what?:
    So not just me who gets AK then lol 3bet pre looks fine.  B you obvz can get it in on flop but A makes it tricky, he can't really have a hand here open limp calling a 3bet but sucks if you bet and he shoves although I don't think you can bet/fold so probably check and call all in from B but fold if A gets involved before then.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    +1
  • edited October 2011

bet flop, fold to shove from A, if he flats I bet turn also

• edited October 2011
    bet flop, fold to shove from A, if he flats I bet turn also
    Posted by grantorino
    If I bet this then I'm basically putting B all in given what's in the pot.  

The biggest problem for me here is player A. If he's got any part of this (& there are plenty of Qx & even 8x hands in his range) then I'm stuck OOP with nothing but 2 overs in an inflated pot. If I bet & A flats are you then prepared to effectively get it in on any turn given stacks & what would be in the pot?
  • edited October 2011
    As played, depends on how the table was playing. Are these 2 villains calling everything on the flop or can you force them to put a hand down with a c-bet. Wish you left their names in, i probably know them. lol Player dependent really. If i think they fold to flop bets then i might make it £2.50 but it would take some nice reads to do this. Otherwise, i probably give up if i am readless. To be honest, i sometimes just call pre flop as i know i am out of position if this happens. This also hides the strength of my hand and i get away cheaply if i miss the flop as above. How you going at NL8 bob? A looks like he could be set mining or something and B looks like he has JJ, even QQ type hand if i were to assign some sort of hands to these 2 (readless).
    Posted by DrSharp
    This table was very loose. I was multi tabling at the time so missed a few things but pretty much if they've got any part of that flop (which is very possible) then they're not folding.

I seem to have hit a bit of a wall at NL8 at the moment. Most sessions I'm pretty much breaking even which is better than losing loads I suppose but it's bloody annoying. I'm finding I'm coming up against the same players more often now so with a few of them I know what to expect which helps.