You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Line check NL8

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Feel I played this bad or maybe it was a good fold

no reads/notes - Bindi seemed a capable player - been on the table with him for hour - he playing 1xNL8 1XNL10 -
can't see what he shoves turn with that I am beating maybe 2 pr or set but had a feeling he only got a str or turned set K's
Not seen him showdown light, but we are three handed.
When he raises me on flop I am calling to keep in worse becuase he is very aggro, if I raise here I think he only folds worse

opnions
jordon2 Small blind   £0.04 £0.04 £7.62
bindi Big blind   £0.08 £0.12 £16.02
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

rancid Raise   £0.32 £0.44 £18.68
jordon2 Fold        
bindi Call   £0.24 £0.68 £15.78
Flop

• J

bindi Check        
rancid Bet   £0.34 £1.02 £18.34
bindi Raise   £1.36 £2.38 £14.42
rancid Call   £1.02 £3.40 £17.32
Turn

• K

bindi All-in   £14.42 £17.82 £0.00
rancid Fold        
bindi Muck        
bindi Win   £3.14   £3.14
bindi Return   £14.42 £0.26 £17.56

Comments

• edited October 2011
    not a player i can remember comming across.

The problem is our stack sizes, we're bnoth pretty deep.

Flop, We has top set once they raise look to gets it in. If they show up with Q9/97 make a note fair play and move on.

Turn, Ok now AQ beats us and KK. But really 4 hands beat us compared to the millions we beat.
  • edited October 2011
    Pre fine.

Flop I cbet a tad more on wet board, when he 3bets me I raise again here as we're only losing to Q9/97 which I doubt a decent player would call with OOP (oh wait you're meant to be decent lol) and more likely he could have set of 8's/10's. On flop you're 200bb deep against him so raising also helps get money in asap, I mean we have top set right.

Turn AQ gets there as had double belly buster on flop and more likely to call a raise pre with that but still I think raising/getting it in on flop saves this problem and also why would he open shove turn with stone-cold nuts it would be AWFUL, if anything it looks more like scared set where you have bigger one.
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Line check NL8:
    o why would he open shove turn with stone-cold nuts it would be AWFUL, if anything it looks more like scared set where you have bigger one.
    Posted by Dudeskin8

Indeed but why would he shove without it when the scare card comes on the turn where I could have AQ.His shove is awful if he ain't got it because he is only getting called by hand that’s beating him. Does he know he is bluffing with a set of 10’s or KJ or does he think he is golden. Playing without notes suck )

I only call flop raise to keep KJ /AJ/ set of 8/10’s in, and shove blank turn.

We are only 3 handed it could be possible he plays a hand that’s flopped it.

• edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Line check NL8 : Indeed but why would he shove without it when the scare card comes on the turn where I could have AQ. His shove is awful if he ain't got it because he is only getting called by hand that’s beating him. Does he know he is bluffing with a set of 10’s or KJ or does he think he is golden. Playing without notes suck )   I only call flop raise to keep KJ /AJ/ set of 8/10’s in, and shove blank turn. We are only 3 handed it could be possible he plays a hand that’s flopped it.
    Posted by rancid
    rancid its NL8. Do you think everyone at this level is capable of knowing who to bet?

Not saying this villian isnt decent as i cnt remember em but look at the betting.
  • edited October 2011

I hear ya but honestly we are deep and 100 bb deep this plays with it all going in on the flop. But I have been sitting with bindi on this table chewing up the other players so I think I can assume he knows what he is doing.

Given the fact that I have just stepped up to NL8, I don’t want to be throwing my profit away just to gain a note “calls 4xR OOP 3 handed with Q9s”  :D

If your reading this, it does mean you can make moves at me – I will fold honest )

• edited October 2011
    Looks more like 2 pair to me and he thinks your chasing a str8 as played try get it in on turn i would still call turn and unless he turns KK you still have outs
  • edited October 2011
    I hear ya but honestly we are deep and 100 bb deep this plays with it all going in on the flop. But I have been sitting with bindi on this table chewing up the other players so I think I can assume he knows what he is doing.   Given the fact that I have just stepped up to NL8, I don’t want to be throwing my profit away just to gain a note “calls 4xR OOP 3 handed with Q9s”   :D   If your reading this, it does mean you can make moves at me – I will fold honest )
    Posted by rancid
    sounds like scared money to me.

if your not willing to stack with a set v this villian leave this table. Seriously.
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Line check NL8 : sounds like scared money to me. if your not willing to stack with a set v this villian leave this table. Seriously.
    Posted by The_Don90

+1 
    I did think this afterwards ) I did stand after this hand 

• edited October 2011
    this isnt a flop we want to be playing fancy and keeping in worse, you really think hes raising a messy board like that with KJ?, need to 3bet flop for value/protection, if he flopped straight gg we still got outs

as played call turn, he still shoves all worse sets and probs 2p, plus if you say hes agro he might shove with QJ kinda stuff
  • edited October 2011
    This is deffo a call, theres so many hands your beating most likely two pair or a set. Dont think he ever turns over kk or aq here.
  • edited October 2011
    This is deffo a call, theres so many hands your beating most likely two pair or a set. Dont think he ever turns over kk or aq here.
    Posted by BigHawk89

How sure can you be with the limited info we have here - 
    I didn't mention but he like insta shoved, not sure how to read that - scared shove or wiiiiiiiiiiiiii shove

In Response to Re: Line check NL8:
    this isnt a flop we want to be playing fancy and keeping in worse
    Posted by lynx3ffect

cheers, makes sense

• edited October 2011

keep raising on flop till money goes in. Lots of scarecards to  kill your value on the turn

K doesnt change much, get money in on turn, Id be pretty surprised if you were beat here

• edited October 2011
    Loads of hands your beating would do this, i would be shocked if he turned over AQ why would he shove the stone cold nuts with no flush draw out? and surely he would 3 bet KK.
  • edited October 2011
    Loads of hands your beating would do this, i would be shocked if he turned over AQ why would he shove the stone cold nuts with no flush draw out? and surely he would 3 bet KK.
    Posted by BigHawk89
    The way it's played on the flop it's possible AQ is in my range, so how can he shove without AQ.
    Or am I just levelling myself into a fold here by giving oppo too much credit for only shoving this spot with nutz or scared 2nd nutz.

Yeah suppose we can rule out KK
    If he did shove nutz in my face then yes why would he do this, very possible he just wet his pants 
  • edited October 2011
    keep raising on flop till money goes in. Lots of scarecards to  kill your value on the turn
    Posted by grantorino
    I feel this is where I went wrong on the flop, even though I am shoving any non scare card turn
    Maybe I have put myself in this spot by convincing myself the K is a scare card when in fact it
    was probably my money card, probably giving oppo 2 pr.

• edited October 2011
    I dont fold flopped sets , ya should be lookin to get as much as poss in the middle at this point
  • edited October 2011
    I dont fold flopped sets , ya should be lookin to get as much as poss in the middle at this point
    Posted by debdobs_67
    When you go against what you would would normally do it just feels wrong )
    As soon as I clicked call I felt a bit sick :D
  • edited October 2011
    im never folding this if he has aq/q9 fair play but y allin on the turn if he does you said hes aggro so could be doin the with any 2 pair/set and also maybe kq for str8 draw and hit top pair thinkin hes gd as most of the forum have said you beat so many hands compared to hand that your behind and even if ur beat you still have outs for the fh
  • edited October 2011
    I dont think I'm flatting flop.  As strong as we are we need to protect our hand from all the draws out there.  Any card above a 6 that doesnt pair the board is a huge action killer/danger. 

The way the action plays I think its the right fold at turn.
  • edited November 2011
    for people who think he has AQ please leave, whose shoving with the absolute nuts??
    more than likely he has sumthing like 2 pair or a smaller set, he could even have QJ, at this level.

Im re raisng flop massively, also why would he chekc raise with AQ with a gut shot?

chances are he got a set of 8s or 10s, he obviosuly not a fan of that K as he looking to get pot over here and now.

Also he isnt flatting that raise pre with KK is he?
  • edited November 2011
    Posted by BigHawk89
    +1 thank you a man with sense, some of these possible hands given out on this post are actually hilariously funny
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Line check NL8 : +1 thank you a man with sense, some of these possible hands given out on this post are actually hilariously funny
    Posted by bolly580

Hindsight is a wonderful thing !!