You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sit and Go AWAY!!!!!!!

edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
Why are people aloud to sit away on a double your money for more then 35 minuets and just as they are about to go out they come back and go ALL IN ALL IN ALL IN. I know some people do have problems with there PC but not for that long. I think if you click to play then you should play and if there is no action from a player after 10min it should kick them out. May cause a few problems but hay you click you play if not then stay away.

Rawhand

Comments

• edited October 2009
    It's annoying but they've paid their money so really are free to 'play' however they wish.
  • edited October 2009
    It's a very annoying tactic that some players use.  Everyone has paid their money, however, and can play (or not play) how they like.  I would recommend though (although u cant state this in the chat box), that when it gets 4 handed u speed up and play very quickly (as the other players hopefully also would) to eliminate the 'away player' on the bubble.

THIS IS VERY DIFFERENT, however, from when a person has been playing and disconnects when 4 handed. I would then hope that u all slow down and use up the time bar to give them a chance to get back as they are obviously not using it as a sly tactic when on the bubble.
  • edited October 2009
    I have been in some sit and goes where one of the players has suggested we all play very quickly and try to blind the absent player out before their return as the previous poster says.

Those who play spasmodically also irritate me - you just know they are sitting there waiting for a good hand and then they step in with 'all in' and then disappear again.

I know they have paid their money the same as me - but it is really, really irritating
  • edited October 2009

Good idea Phil12uk
    Now if i could get WBA to click away and win that would be great. lol

• edited October 2009
    I agree with phil,
    It does get very annoying but it is up to the player to do what they like once they have paid their money.
    As to a player being away when down to 4 players.
    I have seen this happen when they are fairly safe with chips just to let the others play for the bubble.
    A good tell is the timer bar. If it is red then they have disconnected, maybe due to a technical fault, then I do slow down. If it is green then maybe they are still watching just in case something goes wrong with there tactics. If that is the case, I play as quickly as possible without contradicting my own play.
  • edited October 2009
    they have payed to play just like you,it is up to them how they choose to use their chips.
  • edited October 2009
    Your right , if its green they are not disconnected, however they may be otherwise engaged lol. Anyway whats the problem, i love it if players are away, if your smart you will get rewarded,as for speeding up play to blind players out, nothing wrong with it, its been done against me and by me, take the rough with the smooth.
  • edited October 2009
    ive seen another thread about this, its free chips at the end of the day.
  • edited October 2009

I think some sit out hoping for a loose table where people will shoot themselves in the foot, get knocked out, and the sat out player can double  up without even playing. 

a tight strategy will work best so the blinds increase and force the sat out player to get involved or be blinded out.
  • edited October 2009
    I cant see any benifit from being away long term as opposed to playing, if a player likes to be away i will gladly take his chips