You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Just Awful spot in 6k Guarentee approaching bubble. Tilted me soooo bad

edited October 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Reasonably small field $109 buy in.

I've had hugely sub par hands throughout, but picked up what I could as and when.

I have about 17,000, blinds @ 200/400(40) 8 handed.  UTG limps from a stack of around 28k.  I am UTG+1, find AKo.  Normally I'd make it 900 here, but with the limpage I have to make it bigger.  Have to step out of my nip and tuck small ball style.  So make it 1800, likely to call a jam, but to push out limper or at least not make it an auto call given money invested + Blinds + antes.  Either way am happy to pick up the 1400 already in there.

SB flats from a stack of 9k
, UTG bigstack limper folds

So we have 4300ish in the pot.  SB has 7200 back tops.

Flop comes out 277r.  SB calls time before he checks.  Often this is the nuts online, but didnt feel it was this time.  Felt it was maybe somewhere around 8's.

I cant b/f, wont c/f and wont c/c.  Seems as standard as anything to me to just get it in on the flop.  So I put him in, he tank calls, showing 3's.  Board runs out, he wins.

Lot of table talk begins, mainly on what a great call he made and how dumb my overbet was.  Made one attempt to enter the conversation but was pointless.

Guy calls off nearly 30% of his stack to be OOP from flop.  Given stacks, pot and board I really dont think I can do anything else.  Maybe I could let a paint card peel off then put him in, but seems mostly standard just getting it in there..?

As it stands guy gets a chunck of his stack in with 3's, getting a board that he can hero call off, but where opponent has alot of remaining equity.  Seems to me 3's are a jam or fold there pre, highly likely just to be a fold for me.

Doubled through next hand so it was no harm no foul really...  But then after bubble burst I 2.2x'd it UTG with K's with 25bb's, he spite jams A4.  You can guess the rest :( lol