You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Frustrating spot, standard 100BB shove though?

edited October 2011 in The Poker Clinic
How do everyone.  Not been posting much as have been trying to spend less time sat at desk.  Hope your all well.

Frustrating hand from other evening.  Seems pretty standard but interested in input:

8 handed cash £1/£2.  Pretty live game lots of straddles re straddles.  Mostly fish.

UTG opens for £8 (loosefish £200+), UTG+2 makes it £40 (even looser £200+).  I have pretty much my starting £200.  Find AsKs, ponder, Dont really put either on huge hands.  They do this with A10 thru Q/88 thru 10's and plenty of paint.  My image is pretty solid, its never really going to be a 4bet shove bluff.  I'm only likely to have AA/KKQQ/AK.

Opener calls but doesnt love it.  laggy 3better hates the spot but sees perceived value so tank calls.  He obviously 3 bet pretty light here (likely as opener would open UTG light), but it frustrates me as I dont 4bet jam without his needless 3bet.

Call UTG's hand as J's (as only figure he has J's or Q's) so know I need to improve.  UTG+1 shows AQ.  Board runs out and I miss.

I've argued in the past AK doesnt need to be played here, but that would be when calling off 100bigs, needing to win at showdown vs multi rag hands, rather than getting the last bet in with plenty of FE.

But seems pretty standard, right?

Am having a shocking month, confidence is shot.

Comments

• ybyb
    edited October 2011
    what else are you gonna do?
  • edited October 2011
    Yeah true.  Am just burning money this month so thought I'd put some hands out there.

This hand just annoyed me as I may sigh fold vs less spewy players.  But also without the needless 3 bet with AQ I likely lose the minimum or potentially find a way to win hand through streets.  Just became annoying when 3 bet tanker so clearly didnt have a hand.

Truly shocking sessions lately.  Lost likely the 5th biggest pot of my life to a river one outer (gutshot str flush) when holding nut flush when all money went in at turn @ around 600BB's deep.  Just a horrible group of sessions.