You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is this the worst poker play ever

edited October 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Yes I know my utg limpaint clever most times but any suited or connecting cards were worth trying to see a cheap flop coz this guy was nuts.  I just had a feeling he would do this on the river, hence the check, but can anyone offer an explanation why he did it?
ASmall blind  £0.25 £0.25 £39.75
Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £17.50
Big blind  £0.50 £1.25 £49.43
  Your hole cards

AyrGraeme Call  £0.50 £1.75 £49.50
Call  £0.50 £2.25 £100.80
CCheck     
EFold     
AFold     
Check     
Flop

• Q

Check     
AyrGraeme Bet  £1.88 £4.13 £47.62
DRaise  £3.76 £7.89 £97.04
CFold     
Call  £3.76 £11.65 £13.74
AyrGraeme Call  £1.88 £13.53 £45.74
Turn

• J

All-in  £13.74 £27.27 £0.00
AyrGraeme Call  £13.74 £41.01 £32.00
DCall  £13.74 £54.75 £83.30
River

• K

AyrGraeme Check     
DBet  £27.50 £82.25 £55.80
AyrGraeme All-in  £32.00 £114.25 £0.00
Call  £4.50 £118.75 £51.30
Show
  • Q

AyrGraeme Show

Show

Win Straight to the King £27.09  £27.09
AyrGraeme Win Straight to the King £90.11  £90.11

Comments

• edited October 2011
    lol dont think he saw the player all in on turn
  • edited October 2011
    posted at 22/10/2011 2:29 AM  :)))))

Edit: Oh wait - it wasn't me was it? ;)
  • edited October 2011
    Dunno how you can comment on the other guys play when you've hardly made phil ivey look poor. he bet on the river because he thought his 8 high was a value bet, why do u sersoiusly think he did it? Use the thing in between your ears
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Is this the worst poker play ever:
    Dunno how you can comment on the other guys play when you've hardly made phil ivey look poor. he bet on the river because he thought his 8 high was a value bet, why do u sersoiusly think he did it? Use the thing in between your ears
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    Doesn't look like you have ;)

There was a player all in on the turn and nothing in the side pot, he had absolutely nothing to gain... it was a waste of £30
  • edited October 2011
    I know i can read a HH, but if hes dumb enough to bet shows hes obv dumb enough to not notice this

End of the day ayrgraeme should be foccusing on how grimly hes played the hand, not how awful some other guy is

• edited October 2011
    I know i can read a HH, but if hes dumb enough to bet shows hes obv dumb enough to not notice this End of the day ayrgraeme should be foccusing on how grimly hes played the hand, not how awful some other guy is
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    +1

limping with 108 o/s here is unjustfiably bad imo.

also im not lovin the semi bluff on the flop with a gutshot vs an agro fish.
  • edited October 2011
    He clearly stated he wanted to be in everyhand against this player so it is justifiable and betting the so called semi bluff is pricing his own turn rather than letting someone else price it for him.
    I don't agree with playing everyhandagainst this player and would rather wait for a stronger hand but if you had a plan set then fair enough.
  • edited October 2011
    You have played this terrible.

Limp with 108o. Eugh.

Call a minraise on the turn with a gutshot. Even Worse.

What are you supposed to do on the turn if you miss?

Awful.
  • edited October 2011
    You have played this terrible. Limp with 108o. Eugh. Call a minraise on the turn with a gutshot. Even Worse. What are you supposed to do on the turn if you miss? Awful.
    Posted by HYPETING
    Agreed, as I already stated in my opening sentence
  • edited October 2011
    Thanks to everyone who posted that this is not how to play 8/10 utg in normal circumstances.  I did something differently due to circumstances, I think mixing it up and playing the player are the terms normally used.  If you are a player who is good at recognising situations where moving away from abc could work i would highly reccommend it.  If you are not someone who can spot these situations then sticking to your abc is the most profitable method for you.  Have fun at the tables
  • edited October 2011
    He clearly stated he wanted to be in everyhand against this player so it is justifiable and betting the so called semi bluff is pricing his own turn rather than letting someone else price it for him. I don't agree with playing everyhandagainst this player and would rather wait for a stronger hand but if you had a plan set then fair enough.
    Posted by Batkin88
    Cheers Batkin.  And well done for reading the WHOLE post and not repeating stuff I already said
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Is this the worst poker play ever : Doesn't look like you have ;) There was a player all in on the turn and nothing in the side pot, he had absolutely nothing to gain... it was a waste of £30
    Posted by Poker_Fail
    I dont think you detected the sarcasm bud