You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SETTLE A ARGUMENT PLEASE

edited October 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Was playing cash earlier tonight and one of my mates was watching a few of my tables when i got involved in a hand that my mate seems to think i should have folded river on.

My oppo is a solid site reg who i have never seen do anything out of line.

Imo its a call, i am putting my oppo on the hand he actually had because i know he dosnt jam river with flush draw and even if im facing a set imo i surely still call.

Will have to type hole cards etc because dont know how to post HH.

Both of us playing 100bbs

My hole cards = 7h 8h and i make it £3 in early pos.

Folds around to oppo in sb who makes it £10

I call £7 extra and flop comes down Kh 4h 10s         pot = £20.50

Oppo bets £10 and i call £10                                     pot = £40.50

Turn card 6d

Oppo checks and i bet £20.25                                    pot = £60.75

Oppo check raises all in for extra £80                         pot = £140.75

I call extra £59.75 and we go to showdown

I actually hit the 2h on river and my oppo showed Ad Ks but the result isnt the issue here.

Obvi you havnt got a long time to act at the table but imo its a call i should be making all of the time in that situation but my mate seems to think its a clear fold.

Just wondering how many on here call or fold ?

Comments

• edited October 2011
    looks like your calling against the odds here mate.
  • edited October 2011

you are calling ~60 to win 140. 12 outs wont give you enough equity and they wont always all be clean. You need 30% you prob have about 20-25% equity.

Now you may want to make the call for other reasons as you are not far off equity required, also its pretty hard justify b/f this hand

• edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: SETTLE A ARGUMENT PLEASE:
    you are calling ~60 to win 140. 12 outs wont give you enough equity and they wont always all be clean. You need 30% you prob have about 20-25% equity. Now you may want to make the call for other reasons as you are not far off equity required, also its pretty hard justify b/f this hand
    Posted by grantorino
    15 Outs Gran, if we believe all flush cards and straight cards are good.  It's close but just a call if all outs are clean, we're about 31% to win, and as Gran said need about 30% equity for the right odds.  However how many times does he have a set, does he ever have pair and flush draw?  Just bringing in sets over time as a half regular holding would make this a fold, it's quite a tight one.
  • edited October 2011
    If im running well and playing well, i cant click call quick enough WP!

If you b/f the turn i think its a mistake. Check behind, or do what you did!
  • edited October 2011
  • edited October 2011
    If ya woulda checked the turn then i say its a fold , but as played cos ya bet the turn then its a call , imo
  • edited October 2011
  • edited October 2011
    check back turn
  • edited October 2011
    You mean call or fold turn right?

I love the opportunity to see the river for free and take it.

• edited October 2011
    You mean call or fold turn right? I love the opportunity to see the river for free and take it.
    Posted by AMYBR
    No amybr he's bet the turn and then gets set all-in
  • edited October 2011
    If ya woulda checked the turn then i say its a fold , but as played cos ya bet the turn then its a call , imo
    Posted by debdobs_67
                                         ............ +1.........

But personally I would have checked the turn and seen the river for free and your bet size of  50% of the pot on the turn was never going to get him off his tptk ....if the roles were reversed, you got to think 'would that bet size get you off that hand'...... I don't think i would have laid it down either........as you said yourself
     'Imo its a call, i am putting my oppo on the hand he actually had because i know he dosnt jam river with flush draw and even if im facing a set imo i surely still call.
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: SETTLE A ARGUMENT PLEASE : No amybr he's bet the turn and then gets set all-in
    Posted by debdobs_67
    Well.. exactly.  Polled question is call or fold river.  He gets check raised all in on turn 6d with the world draw - and calls as far as I can see from OP......?

I prefer to get to river free as said.  But once we've opted to bet I think we have to go along for rest of it.

Its not an extra £80 on the c/r is it? its the call of your turn £20 open and £60 more right?  So we are calling £60 to win £200. If you believe your outs are clean its an auto call once we've opened
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: SETTLE A ARGUMENT PLEASE : Well.. exactly.  Polled question is call or fold river.  He gets check raised all in on turn 6d with the world draw - and calls as far as I can see from OP......? I prefer to get to river free as said.  But once we've opted to bet I think we have to go along for rest of it. Its not an extra £80 on the c/r is it? its the call of your turn £20 open and £60 more right?  So we are calling £60 to win £200. If you believe your outs are clean its an auto call once we've opened
    Posted by AMYBR
    Yeah i see what ya mean now , i misunderstood what ya meant ;)
  • edited October 2011
    Once you've called turn I don't think you can fold river sir
  • edited October 2011
    fold pre
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    Exactly what I was thinking, as soon as youve been three bet by the SB and you have identified him as a solid reg, you know your behind.

Forget about the play through the streets, playing suited connectors to a three bet is not +ev in the long run in early pos imo. Unless you are lolufold!