You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

30nl deep table 4 barrell bluff???

edited October 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Prob gonna get slated for this.

Bought in for 30.

Had been pretty aggressive 3betting alot, but never been caught out showing down rubbish.

Identified this guy as the weakest player at the table, so 3b pre to get HU with him.

Players had been folding alot to my 3bets and cbets, so although It misses me by miles I have a pop at it, knowing that we're deep, so I've got some backup options if he calls.

Turn is a good card to fire again at, so I do.

Once he calls, I give up, until THAT river comes.

Is this a good spot to fire the third shot? Or is it time to give up?

No reads on how he plays this deep into hands, but I'd expect him to lead the river if he'd got there.

Cheerzzz
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
ACEGOONER Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £93.50
BENDOG40 Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £48.74
  Your hole cards

wocky72 Fold     
xxx Raise  £0.90 £1.35 £61.51
Wacko90 Fold     
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £3.30 £4.65 £76.57
ACEGOONER Fold     
BENDOG40 Fold     
xxxCall  £2.40 £7.05 £59.11
Flop

• Q
  • J

xxx Check     
DOHHHHHHH Bet  £5.10 £12.15 £71.47
xxxCall  £5.10 £17.25 £54.01
Turn

• K

xxx Check     
DOHHHHHHH Bet  £10.80 £28.05 £60.67
xxxCall  £10.80 £38.85 £43.21
River

• A

xxxCheck     
DOHHHHHHH All-in  £60.67 £99.52 £0.00
xxx

Comments

• edited October 2011
    he has 2 pair alot. would he really fold  2 pair if he was a weak player?

I wouldnt believe you lol and id snap u with 2 pairs. if you have a random 10 fml.

• edited October 2011
    If he ain't got the flush he can't call can he, unless he is a place that trains go
    But it is v you so I guess he snaps with str )
  • edited October 2011
    i dont really think the turn is a great card, he can 2pair up alot, and have straights if you think he is quite loose.

i think the river is fine
  • edited October 2011
    Unless he had a good read on you and trapped with nut flush his check on river suggest weakness so he can only call with the nuts, if he has the nuts UL m8.
  • edited October 2011
    Think he sigh calls with set also.

Dont think he's going to be always putting you on the river flush or straight with the bet size @ turn.

Turn is ambitious but like the river, once you've taken this line.
  • edited October 2011
    Call pre, once you start digging don't stop on that run out imo.
  • edited October 2011
    why are you trying to isolate weak players with 7 hi?Just flat, No need to 3bet that big either ip imo

I sometimes check flop, I dont mind barrelling it off too much on that board once you start firing, depends how he plays flushdraws. Think you can bet a £30 on river and get the same amount of folds
  • edited October 2011
    You cant not bluff that river its perfect! lol
    Even puts him to a tough decision if he does have the 10, dont think he ever has a flush here either.
    Would like to see the outcome to the hand see if he snaps u off with q10 lol

• edited October 2011
  • edited October 2011
    Your villain actually e-mailed the Sky Poker channel and asked for the hand to be reviewed on there, which I happened to see, so I know what his hand was on this one (which makes it more difficult to respond to). 

I like your line and bet sizing on flop and turn, and the fact he calls both streets doesn't suggest strength.  The river is pretty much the gin card in terms of the way you've played your hand, and the way he has played his.  Unless your preflop 3bet percentage is through the roof, I would certainly consider shoving the river to be a profitable play.  This was pretty much the view that the reviewers took as well.

Personally I felt his call was very poor, the river crushed his hand badly and he only really beats a bluff.  Its possible, however, that he was feeling bullied or frustrated and called on tilt (especially if you have been very active).