You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

can i fold here xD

edited October 2011 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancesillymunchSmall blind £0.02£0.02£6.40wavey77Big blind £0.04£0.06£9.04 Your hole cardsQQ   codCall £0.04£0.10£3.52styxxFold    chippy67Fold    willshir06Call £0.04£0.14£0.33sillymunchRaise £0.18£0.32£6.22wavey77Call £0.16£0.48£8.88codFold    willshir06Fold    Flop  J53   sillymunchBet £1.04£1.52£5.18wavey77Call £1.04£2.56£7.84Turn  2   sillymunchAll-in £5.18£7.74£0.00wavey77Call £5.18£12.92£2.66sillymunchShowQQ   wavey77Show2J   River  10   wavey77WinTwo Pairs, Jacks and 2s£11.95 £14.61

Comments

• edited October 2011
    No you shoved first )
  • edited October 2011
    Lol well yeah as Rancid said, but more seriously... I think your bet on the turn is WAY too big, the only thing that MIGHT and I do use the word might call your bet, that you're beating is AJ and even that, plenty of people wouldnt call.

So basically, when you make this bet, if you're ahead, you'll make them fold, and if they call, you're gonna lose lol.
  • edited October 2011
    Essentially Sillymunch when you bet think about what hand can actually call the bet
    Think about why your betting
    He called your bet on the flop so just overbet pot again, which is what you done so really it was ok

ul

• edited October 2011
    ok so the reason for my huge bet here is because the fact he called my first raise showed me he had a Jack, since he had the top card and he called my original raise i assumed he would have AJ or something like that, when the 2 appears its not a scare card to me, then i was about to do a standard sized raise which was half my stack so if i made the raise i was pot commited and thats the reasoning behind the shove

btw if my logic is flawwed then please tell me cus thats the reason im here for xD to try and understand the logic
  • edited October 2011
    Preflop I would raise a LOT more at least 26p as you're in worse position postflop.

Flop anywhere up to pot bet is fine, but I guess if you know he calls with TP no kicker go ahead lol.

Turn he gets VERY lucky to get 2pr but again the bet is much too big around 75% will do, although if shoved here I'd find it hard to fold.
  • edited October 2011
    Big bets are gudddd. Unlucky man.

You had outs, get there next time ;)
  • edited October 2011
    Raise bigger pre flop. I make it at least 20p but more like 30p, dont worry if they all fold, if you do it often enough they'll start calling!

Like the flop bet at NL4, charge the draws. Also dont mind the shove too much as most will call if they have a Jack. Unlucky really.  
  • edited October 2011
    thanks :) a bit of mixed responses, but i have taken em all on board :)

after thinking about it, unless he did have A J i dont think he would of called the all in :S he might be that bad, but he left the table 12 pound up for the session so i am guessing he thinks he is playing right xD so maybe i get him back next time

things im gonna take on board "positioning, if im in low position with these sort of cards then i am going to be acting first everytime i need to raise bigger pre to avoid making difficult decisions later
    Decision after the flop was a good raise size
    But i should of probably Raised pot size again and called a shove.
    At NL4 theres no way i wouldnt be calling the shove with that board.

anything else you guys can think of please dont hesitate to mention it :)
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: can i fold here xD:
    thanks :) a bit of mixed responses, but i have taken em all on board :) after thinking about it, unless he did have A J i dont think he would of called the all in :S he might be that bad, but he left the table 12 pound up for the session so i am guessing he thinks he is playing right xD so maybe i get him back next time things im gonna take on board "positioning, if im in low position with these sort of cards then i am going to be acting first everytime i need to raise bigger pre to avoid making difficult decisions later Decision after the flop was a good raise size But i should of probably Raised pot size again and called a shove. At NL4 theres no way i wouldnt be calling the shove with that board. anything else you guys can think of please dont hesitate to mention it :)
    Posted by sillymunch
    i spoke to you on msn about this hand and your asking the right questions rather than can i fold. Which is showing good signs of improvment.
  • edited October 2011

Raise more pre 32p at least

good bet on flop well done, also turn you have to stack of at this level ul

• edited October 2011

In Response to Re: can i fold here xD:

ok so the reason for my huge bet here is because the fact he called my first raise showed me he had a Jack, since he had the top card and he called my original raise i assumed he would have AJ or something like that, when the 2 appears its not a scare card to me, then i was about to do a standard sized raise which was half my stack so if i made the raise i was pot commited and thats the reasoning behind the shove btw if my logic is flawwed then please tell me cus thats the reason im here for xD to try and understand the logic

Posted by sillymunch

Your logic is fine, pre with 2 limpers make it 28-36p

Leading the flop this big will either get you action from a J type hand or a fold.

But never get worried about not getting action, bet big for value 100%.

You could go for the c/r on the flop but there’s no need to get fancy, plus it’s a wet flop so you don’t really want to be giving away free cards.

You could just lead ¾ pot or pot, but I like the overbet.

But you got the mistake from your oppo becuae he should fold or shove here but he calls – like the worse thing oppo could do and then get lucky :(

You turn bet is very good, follows on from the flop and you know he is calling even if he doesn’t hit 2nd pr.