You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Baffled......

edited October 2011 in The Poker Clinic
This is my exit hand from last nights primo

Very active table and I had played my "usual" tight solid game. Prior to this I had made only one raise with A, 10 to which I was reraised by the villian, I let my hand go.
The villain had raised my BB several times so this time I decided to take a flop. I had already decided to shove if either of my hole cards connected with the flop.

My shove was called and I was amazed to see the villains hand.

I'm not sulking about this, I want a call from this hand all day. I am 85% favourite to win the pot here, I just cant understand why the villain felt it right to make the call
BAGGPUSS Small blind  30.00 30.00 4000.00
yidette9 Big blind  60.00 90.00 1115.00
 Your hole cards
  • K

tonyglfc Fold     
bustout44 Raise  180.00 270.00 6570.00
welp Fold     
heellloooo Fold     
BAGGPUSS Fold     
yidette9 Call  120.00 390.00 995.00
Flop

yidette9 All-in  995.00 1385.00 0.00
bustout44 Call  995.00 2380.00 5575.00
yidette9 Show
  • K

bustout44 Show
  • A

Turn

• A

River

• Q

bustout44 Win Pair of Aces 2380.00

Comments

• edited October 2011

I got no idea....

After using an external tool to gather more info about villain im gobsmacked by the call now.

• edited October 2011
    Unbelievable call! I know he had a few chips but c`mon.

They must have wi-fi in wetherspoons.

Very unlucky.
  • edited October 2011
    he obviously doesn't know you!!!

But then again, I thought I knew you, and look where that got me! So maybe that's not a bad thing ;) lol.

I can understand his call in a way, because by open jamming like this you're not really representing anything. He would expect you to check to the raiser with good hands, to try and get some value for your hand when he C bets....

If I was in his shoes, and I didn't know you, I'd put you on something like pocket 5s, 6s, or 7s making this kind of shove on the flop. He's obviously concluded you don't want a call by over-shoving 2x the pot, and decided that's enough reason to make the call......

However even if you are shoving to take it down with a weakish made hand, he's still behind to most of these hands, and hasn't really thought about what you might be doing this with. 

He should fold. 

But as you say, you don't want him to, so happy days!

...until the turn!

yuk! ul. 
  • edited October 2011
    Snap fold pre for me, horrible hand that even if you hit you can be dead.

As played he has a big stack and maybe thinks you're shoving with any 2.
  • edited October 2011
    Dont like the call out of poistion with your stack, think the best option would be to jam or fold, if you have been playing tight you get lots of hands your not beating to fold too.
  • edited October 2011
    shove or fold pre - 

the rest is just ? who knows why oppo calls - because oppo can --- 
    Happened to me much deeper than this - I had JJ on a 2710 board - oppo leads I shove 17 bigs  and he calls with Ace high - spikes A on river

• edited October 2011
    that happens loads on ere,u were short stacked and shuved afta flop.he probly thought u had  ace high aswell.Bustout aint a bad player,he,s just lucky like the rest of us.gl next time
  • edited October 2011
    shove or fold pre

dont lead flop