You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

30nl, OP in 3bp v nit and Mega nit

edited October 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Do you even lead this flop?

The mega nit obv isn't a worry with the final decision, just basically sits there set pedalling.

Button guy cud well have a set tho.

ughhhhhh
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
mega nitSmall blind  £0.15 £0.15 £46.78
DOHHHHHHH Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £29.32
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

LnarinOO Fold     
lippy52 Fold     
ollie2007 Fold     
nitRaise  £0.90 £1.35 £34.62
mga nitCall  £0.75 £2.10 £46.03
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £3.90 £6.00 £25.42
nitCall  £3.30 £9.30 £31.32
mga nitCall  £3.30 £12.60 £42.73
Flop

mega nitCheck     
DOHHHHHHH Bet  £6.30 £18.90 £19.12
 nitAll-in  £31.32 £50.22 £0.00
mega nitFold     
DOHHHHHHH

Comments

• edited October 2011

straight foward call for me imo

He has JJ and AJ enough times to make it a call i think.

yes i lead flop and look to get it in

• edited October 2011
    I'm a nit as well but even I snap here, plus you still have outs.
  • edited October 2011
    He prob has 2 pair (9T)......you prob call and bink the J for a straight.
  • edited October 2011
    Tough one i think thats the worst board i could see for qq after id 3 bet OOP cause it hits most of your oppos ranges, he could easily have 88 99 1010.
    You have a gutshot though and a third of your stack in so just suck out :)
  • edited October 2011
    That's a chunky 3bet for a nit to call and then ship on the flop.  Jacks are all we are beating.  I think it's quite close TBH and will probably only call due to how much we've already put in against the price we now have.  Can't see us being ahead more than a third of the time though.
  • edited October 2011
    against 77-JJ you are 58%

vs two nits idk if betting the flop is great
  • edited October 2011
    I posted this last night when I was drunk and abit frustrated with the site/download for not letting me play, and also just spent 4 hours plugging away against durr brains limp/folding yawnnnnnn....

Looking back I've been unfair calling the button guy a nit...

He's a good TAG, probably on the tight side, but 'nit' is probably OTT.

He can play abit. Prefer to avoid him. 

SB really is a mega nit tho. 

• edited October 2011
    if hes a TAG i would expect him just to shove JJ here, esp not v u if he thinks ur capable of multiple spew barrells....

as lol raise says i might be tempted to check as there isnt much u get value from other than JJ on this board
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: 30nl, OP in 3bp v nit and Mega nit:
    if hes a TAG i would expect him just to shove JJ here, esp not v u if he thinks ur capable of multiple spew barrells.... as lol raise says i might be tempted to check as there isnt much u get value from other than JJ on this board
    Posted by lynx3ffect
    Check/fold?
  • edited October 2011
    A button raise with QJ is very likely as you say he is not a mega nit, with THE mega nits call and on the button giving position for another £3 he can win £9 not a bad punt in a ring game. With this board and a 3 way pot you dont look strong and your outs may just chop. Find a better spot!
  • edited October 2011
    i thought we were IP, but i would c/c one street aslong as hes not bettting massive then re evaluate turn
  • edited October 2011
    screaming over pair here and panicking with that board. call, turns kk, reload.
  • edited October 2011
    i thought we were IP, but i would c/c one street aslong as hes not bettting massive then re evaluate turn
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    I am a little confused about c/c he is all in?
  • edited October 2011
    screaming over pair here and panicking with that board. call, turns kk, reload.
    Posted by pod1
    It does stink of an over pair odds are its KK, AA dominated but outs with a Q or J, JJ were ahead just be he has a str8 draw I still say your not in to deep find a better spot.
  • edited October 2011

This is a horrible spot i think there are grounds to fold but the move does look like a draw tbh AJ JT that kind of hand prob with a backdoor flush aswell. If he turns a set which i don't think is often here as most players would call to see a blank against yourself then get it in on turn. The only other hands i could put him on is AA  or  here and tried to slowplay it pre but got scared by the flop. I think your ahead majority of the time so it warrants the call and whatever hand he turns over you have outs but probably have to dodge alot.