You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Forum Heads Up Tournament

edited June 2009 in Poker Chat
Just an idea but could we set up a forum heads up tournament?  Anyone who wants to play has a set amount of time to register their interest. There is then a draw with byes awarded to random players if we have a number more than 32 but less than 64.  Each player then contacts their opponent via the forum and sets up their game (they select the stake between them - as high or low to which they both agree to). Games are played and results are posted on the forum in a week's timeline and the next round is then drawn.   The semi's could then be best of 3 games and the final best of 5 games.  Perhaps Sky Poker could even show some of the games in some of the TV shows? 

Thoughts?

Comments

• edited June 2009
    what do you get for winning though?
  • edited June 2009
    You could do it as a heads up tournament with a similar idea to the league final, all the people pay for instance a fiver to register then play heads up till it comes down to a winner.
  • edited June 2009
    GOOD SHOUT PHIL ILL BE IN...LETS HOPE I GET DRAWN AGAISNT YOU... EASY DOLLAR ;-)) HOPE UR WELL MATE.
  • edited June 2009
    There was a time when Sky ran a winner-take all HU Tournament (which I remember winning on my first and only attempt ;) ) so this won't be new to them which hopefully means it's something that can be implemented.

The only problem I see with the original idea is that, like offshoot eluded to, there's no real prize pool because everyones paying to play each individual game (and thereby win the money wagered). This is, however, a great way to run it as it gives everybody the freedom of their own time to arrange and play the game, rather than meet at a specific time and play all the games in one go.

If we were able to find a way of getting a prize pool set-up, and then a way of organising the tournament so all the matches can be played in their own time, my name would certainly be on the list.
  • edited June 2009
    i dont mind which donk i play put my name down, il take any1 on so if u want me come n get me big balls
  • edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: Forum Heads Up Tournament:
    i dont mind which donk i play put my name down, il take any1 on so if u want me come n get me big balls
    Posted by mickjenn1
    HA HA LOVING THE SHARK MICKO.... WHAT A CLOWN LOL.... GO ON THE F AN CAN!!!!!
  • edited June 2009
  • edited June 2009
    I suppose this format of organising our own games takes away the prize pool aspect but I reckon to start with that's not a bad thing as we could get interest the first time round and build upon it for future times.  If successful, we could then do a 5 quid solely HU tourney, then a 10 quid HU tourney etc etc.  This way it caters to all users of the forum.
  • edited June 2009
    hi  phil  why  dont u  have  a word  with  sky  see if  they  will  put  the  money  in
  • edited June 2009
    In regardless of stakes,

I would love a sky sunday HU tourny  for 32/64/128...etc players
    depending on numbers.
  • edited June 2009
    Is there any Sky moderators who could help out with this idea? How can we get a HU tourney started?
  • edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: Forum Heads Up Tournament:
    In regardless of stakes, I would love a sky sunday HU tourny  for 32/64/128...etc players depending on numbers.
    Posted by Nutter5932
    great shout nutter... all the other sites have H/U tourneys....