You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Your thoughts please with JJ

edited October 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Before anyone says this nl8 what do expect ect I know, I play this level due a poor internet connection and diconnections cost me money... so want to understand the mind set of this level.

Reads on table; a dream to play so loose with flat calling 3&4bets standard, mr xxx was raising with anything and would call any reraise. I had been at this table 45 mins and played very few hands but a good stack which should tell a story.

I dont think mr xxx has much he had jammed with small PPs more than once and the hand before had slapped his bottom for a few quid so tilt is likely.
An instant call against Mr xxx but what about the 2 behind me they could have anything including A-k/Q as they can limp with these... so in my books it reraise all in to get heads up or fold and wait for a better spot.

Your thoughts and comments please!
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
stoyo999 Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £7.60
tiggi Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £2.91
 Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

XXX Raise  £0.32 £0.44 £5.61
waynec Raise  £1.04 £1.48 £18.51
fx Call  £1.04 £2.52 £5.17
synergy Call  £1.04 £3.56 £20.29
stoyo999 Fold     
tiggi Fold     
XXX All-in  £5.61 £9.17 £0.00
waynec ???    

Comments

• edited October 2011

cant see any reason not to get it in

• edited October 2011
    My first thought would be shove as the two behind surely can not have premium prs. But hold on infact they could so emmmmmmm you see Synergy may have QQ, KK less liekly but I am sure AA he raises first on btn

But don't like flatting here at all -- sod it shove it in

From your tone I guess one or two have you beat :D
    Some players are very capable of not 4 betting premium prs and just flatting KK/QQ, why I guess they just want a safe flop.
  • edited October 2011

I reckon ure still ahead pre here , imo synergy is mining a small pp or has a QJ , J10 type of hand , if ya shove i think synergy folds , which leaves 2 players that cant bust ya , so its a shove for me.

• edited October 2011
    Yh fx and synergy can't have hands here really, gotta shove.
  • edited October 2011
    you have a decent sized stack and the pot is now very nice and at no risk to your stack so def a shove there. 
  • edited October 2011
    Think some of the above posts are forgetting your main point the 8nl mindset for me means its a fold youve got to nearly £20 so why risk possibly doing the lot on a blind shove knowing you will possibly be putting jj into a 4 way pot many players at this level will see a £20 pot and having only sat down with £3 or £4 shove with any two and hope.
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Your thoughts please with JJ:
    Think some of the above posts are forgetting your main point the 8nl mindset for me means its a fold youve got to nearly £20 so why risk possibly doing the lot on a blind shove knowing you will possibly be putting jj into a 4 way pot many players at this level will see a £20 pot and having only sat down with £3 or £4 shove with any two and hope.
    Posted by BADBOY985
    if they shove with any 2 and hope you will be strong just have to dodge quite a bit but 7 quid guy is out only 5 quid to at risk worth it me thinks
  • edited October 2011
    Shove it in and get it HU
  • edited October 2011
    Your obviously calling the first shove so the only other player to worry about is Synergy, if he wakes up with a premium pair then ok he played it badly - move on
    Your not folding JJ here so you have to shove to get the other players out otherwise they will feel priced in to call a big pot with KQ/A10 type hands. If you shove and they make bad calls with these hands or lower pairs then thats ok long term )
    You can't stop players making bad calls and getting lucky can you, this should not be a reason to fold.

Shove it in & isolate

who knows this may get Synergy to lay down QQ/KK as he is so passive ) But you just can't give em credit can you for a big hand here
  • edited October 2011
    Thanks for your replys all and it appears most agree with me about shoving to isolate which I did, the other 2 folded as was the plan and Mr xxx showed a PP of 5s I had expected a mid range PP... lady luck ran true with no out draws and I took down a nice little pot.

It was not an instant call for me with JJ and even though I did take the pot I wanted to see if others agreed with my play.... many thanks again.