You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Don't complain

edited October 2009 in Area 51
Has anyone noticed that when you make a complaint against this website you seem to lose lots of hands on the river when the % is 90 / 10 in your favour. I know people will say it's just usual bad beats but seems like a coincidence to me. 3 times went all in with KQ and was called with KJ. What comes out on the river all 3 times? You guessed it J!! Anyone recommend another site where cards are more akin to normal poker. Getting peed off with this site!

Comments

• edited October 2009
    I once emailed Sky to say what a wonderful job they've been doing.

I have not lost a single pot in 7 months and have just ordered a new Porsche with my withdrawals.

True story.
  • edited October 2009
    Before you read this, do not take this reply the wrong way as it is not meant to offend :) honestly!!!

Not wishing to sound rude, just go to any other site then if you think it's that bad :) Me personally i came here after playing full tilt and pokerstars and i wouldn't go back!! i felt like i was having the same problems with those sites and came here and it seems much more realistic, much more friendly, less bingo players, more advice, more people willing to help you out need i go on!!

you just sometimes get a real bad run of things and that at the end of the day is poker :) don't get me wrong i am not winning every time i go to a table on sky because i don't, but after experiencing the other so-called top sites this by a country mile is the best!! i would back sky poker 110% every day and twice on sundays!! If i go through what your going through, hopefully i will adopt a bit more of a chilled attitude and remember what my experiences were like on the other sites and calm down.....

Hopefully if you have got this far without thinking sky has paid me to write this, you will think about it and give it a bit more time as leaving here will be one thing you will end up regretting.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Don't complain:
    I once emailed Sky to say what a wonderful job they've been doing. I have not lost a single pot in 7 months and have just ordered a new Porsche with my withdrawals. True story.
    Posted by scotty77

Does it come in a matchbox :)
  • edited October 2009
    Before you read this, do not take this reply the wrong way as it is not meant to offend :) honestly!!! Not wishing to sound rude, just go to any other site then if you think it's that bad :) Me personally i came here after playing full tilt and pokerstars and i wouldn't go back!! i felt like i was having the same problems with those sites and came here and it seems much more realistic, much more friendly, less bingo players, more advice, more people willing to help you out need i go on!! you just sometimes get a real bad run of things and that at the end of the day is poker :) don't get me wrong i am not winning every time i go to a table on sky because i don't, but after experiencing the other so-called top sites this by a country mile is the best!! i would back sky poker 110% every day and twice on sundays!! If i go through what your going through, hopefully i will adopt a bit more of a chilled attitude and remember what my experiences were like on the other sites and calm down..... Hopefully if you have got this far without thinking sky has paid me to write this, you will think about it and give it a bit more time as leaving here will be one thing you will end up regretting.
    Posted by margatemaf
    You got it m8. hope they paid you well !! lol
  • edited October 2009
    I once emailed Sky to say what a wonderful job they've been doing. I have not lost a single pot in 7 months and have just ordered a new Porsche with my withdrawals. True story.
    Posted by scotty77
    You only mailed them once in 7 months???
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Don't complain : You got it m8. hope they paid you well !! lol
    Posted by swandolf

Look, now probably aint really the time to talk about it as you are quite wound up, i am only saying it how it has been from my experience. You wanted to know so thats it. Chill out and then make your decision, just remember i have played on the other sites so i do know a little bit about what i am talking about. I call a spade a spade (pardon the pun) if it wasn't right here i would be right behind you!!!

I aint going to get in an argument about it with you, i would just say really think about it as it worse on other sites. Failing that there is always zynga poker on facebook :) have a good one hope you get sorted soon as poker is to be enjoyed not to stress you out :)

• edited October 2009
    The moral of the story is dont go all in on a kq
  • edited October 2009
    Getting beaten on the river is common in most poker games.
    You must remember that you must see all the cards to the river before you can be certain of winning or losing a hand.
    I would not be all in with K J unless I was short stacked and had to make a move.
  • edited October 2009
    Margate is correct and to add to this live play is no better, there are 7 cards in the game anything can happen
  • edited October 2009
    i want 2 play you please please please.Only a joke,but it is as COCASIRF has already posted.
  • edited October 2009
    The moral of the story is dont go all in on a kq
    Posted by COCASIRF
    obviously! Wait for KJ and hope you are a real dog and pray for the suck out lol
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Don't complain : obviously! Wait for KJ and hope you are a real dog and pray for the suck out lol
    Posted by hoyski
    What's wrong with real dogs?
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Don't complain:
    Has anyone noticed that when you make a complaint against this website you seem to lose lots of hands on the river when the % is 90 / 10 in your favour. I know people will say it's just usual bad beats but seems like a coincidence to me. 3 times went all in with KQ and was called with KJ. What comes out on the river all 3 times? You guessed it J!! Anyone recommend another site where cards are more akin to normal poker. Getting peed off with this site!
    Posted by swandolf
    people who post this type of question fall into 1 of 2 categories.
    1) Novices who have little understanding of the game and will listen to advice from others
    2) Whiners and whingers who want to moan about getting beat, and feel compelled to blame others rather than there own play for losing.
    I hope you fall into the 1st category. Remember your only stating 3 hands from 200 million. If you really want to go to another site i recommend the facebook free poker, at least you wont lose any money there, and when you've tried it come back here and whine about bad beats cos you aint seen nothing yet lol.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Don't complain : people who post this type of question fall into 1 of 2 categories. 1) Novices who have little understanding of the game and will listen to advice from others 2) Whiners and whingers who want to moan about getting beat, and feel compelled to blame others rather than there own play for losing. I hope you fall into the 1st category. Remember your only stating 3 hands from 200 million. If you really want to go to another site i recommend the facebook free poker, at least you wont lose any money there, and when you've tried it come back here and whine about bad beats cos you aint seen nothing yet lol.
    Posted by loonytoons

ROFLMAO!! i gave all my chips away on facebook poker as it was s**t people calling all in on a deuce/seven it was like being in a bingo hall!! if ever there is a place to practice bad beats then that is the place to be :)))))))))) i could tell you a funny story about poker on facebook involving the loss of 4 million chips an the guys plight to get them back!! but i will wait an make the movie :)))