You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

20&30nl, 3 x sigh river spots.

edited October 2011 in The Poker Clinic
My image on all 3 tables is going to be fairly loose aggressive.

Hand 1 this guy opens all his good hands, like AQ+ TT+, the limp is prob suited pics, and low pairs, maybe 7s 8s 9s etc.

Typical player at this level, it's hard to win a big pot against them unless it's a cooler in your favour.

zzzz yawn river.

1)
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
DN34689 Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £20.60
Buzzzzzzzi Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £23.22
  Your hole cards

westslay23 Call  £0.20 £0.50 £22.73
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £0.80 £1.30 £20.38
mersinkov9 Fold     
PokerKinga Fold     
DN34689 Fold     
Buzzzzzzzi Call  £0.60 £1.90 £22.62
westslay23 Call  £0.60 £2.50 £22.13
Flop

Buzzzzzzzi Check     
westslay23 Check     
DOHHHHHHH Bet  £2.00 £4.50 £18.38
Buzzzzzzzi Fold     
westslay23 Call  £2.00 £6.50 £20.13
Turn

westslay23 Check     
DOHHHHHHH Bet  £5.00 £11.50 £13.38
westslay23 Call  £5.00 £16.50 £15.13
River

• J

westslay23 All-in  £15.13 £31.63 £0.00
DOHHHHHHH
2)

Totally readless on this occasion!
flycatcher Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £25.75
DOHHHHHHH Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £30.15
  Your hole cards
  • A

haidyboy Fold     
niko38 Fold     
SSDSFC89 Fold     
snoopdog10 Fold     
flycatcher Raise  £1.05 £1.50 £24.70
DOHHHHHHH Call  £0.90 £2.40 £29.25
Flop

• A

flycatcher Bet  £1.20 £3.60 £23.50
DOHHHHHHH Call  £1.20 £4.80 £28.05
Turn

flycatcher Bet  £4.80 £9.60 £18.70
DOHHHHHHH Call  £4.80 £14.40 £23.25
River

flycatcher All-in  £18.70 £33.10 £0.00
DOHHHHHHH
3)

ksjdnvcjsdnjkcnsdkjvsddbnvsdj

LnarinOO Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £44.17
lippy52 Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £7.69
  Your hole cards
  • A

ollie2007 Fold     
weaktight Fold     
haidyboy Raise  £1.20 £1.65 £37.24
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £3.90 £5.55 £28.81
LnarinOO Fold     
lippy52 Fold     
haidyboy Call  £2.70 £8.25 £34.54
Flop

• Q
  • J

haidyboy Check     
DOHHHHHHH Bet  £5.40 £13.65 £23.41
haidyboy Call  £5.40 £19.05 £29.14
Turn

• J

haidyboy Check     
DOHHHHHHH Check     
River

• Q

haidyboy Check     
DOHHHHHHH

Comments

• edited October 2011
    Hand 1) Snap fold vs Westlay, dont think he's ever capable of bluffing here, probably has 10s IMO

Hand 2) have to fold readless they could have similar hand but your not really beating alot

Hand 3) If its readless hard to barrell here, not really repping the Q either. Probably get called by Jx here aswell so just give it up he has a hand surely? Could have AK here too which is only hand hes folding
  • edited October 2011
    You always so agro??!!

Hand 1 - Prob a crying call - only 10 prob going to include a flush draw

Hand 2 - Fold - only beating a bluff (missed flush)

Hand 3 - Give up - Yuo have some show down value with the A
  • edited October 2011
    1 & 2 fold!!! 3 nice little value bet if he reraises easy fold, if he calls its a chop or nowt!
  • edited October 2011
    Hand 1 You gotta fold
    Hand 2, I'd call, when players over shove the pot like that on the river after barrelling it's normally a bust flush or just total air and he is pressing buttons.
    Hand 3, Check behind, your not beating anything that will call a bet
  • edited October 2011
    1)  It's more than likely a fold but I admit I call here because I have to know.  So easy to rep the ten here with a busted flush draw, so easy to have the ten as well.

2)  Snappy fold.

3)  Check behind with nut nothing.  Plenty of showdown value, no value betting scope.

• edited October 2011

Thanx for the replies so far....

Just a note re. hand three....

There's no doubt in my mind that I'm behind here...... I'm defineyetly not considering a thin value bet!!! :o

It's an awkward 1 to post in the clinic, I have lots of hands and history with this guy, but I can't really share my reads on the forum for obvious reasons. 

I left his name in hoping for a reply from someone who also has played lots with him, who would also be able to narrow his range down to AA/KK or quads here (as I did).......

I can't possibly win by checking, so it's a bluff or give up.......

I can rep a queen quiteasily....... ??
  • edited October 2011
    Hand 1 : Only two hands i feel your losing to TT or 56 suited may well be clubs. I would def consider calling it's too easy to rep the ten.
    Hand 2: Your behind i would put him on ace if he has weak ace he prob has two pair now otherwise he has you outkicked.
    Hand 3: Shove river he can only call with the queen
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: 20&30nl, 3 x sigh river spots.:
    Hand 1 : Only two hands i feel your losing to TT or 56 suited may well be clubs. I would def consider calling it's too easy to rep the ten. Hand 2: Your behind i would put him on ace if he has weak ace he prob has two pair now otherwise he has you outkicked. Hand 3: Shove river he can only call with the queen
    Posted by Batkin88
    This is crazy! Why risk all your stack on a river bluff when a 3/4 or pot size bet would have the same effect, a shove would stink of a bluff if you had it why would you want the other guy to fold????
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: 20&30nl, 3 x sigh river spots. : This is crazy! Why risk all your stack on a river bluff when a 3/4 or pot size bet would have the same effect, a shove would stink of a bluff if you had it why would you want the other guy to fold????
    Posted by waynec
    If you had the queen you would be shoving here considering pot and stack size, you bet £10 your getting called by the jack and ace high just jam it in
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: 20&30nl, 3 x sigh river spots. : If you had the queen you would be shoving here considering pot and stack size, you bet £10 your getting called by the jack and ace high just jam it in
    Posted by Batkin88
    He does not have the Q !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! J makes a crying call Q calls for sure. so what ever you bet only the J is calling Q is calling all in/raising, so the only hand that will call any bet is a hand beating you and you lose a lot of money when there is not reason too!!! And if you called the river bet with A high or any other hand it would be a pure hero call.
  • edited October 2011
    as you do not have a fold button or a check button its pretty obvious that you called 1 and 2, and bluffed hand 3 lol

• edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: 20&30nl, 3 x sigh river spots. : He does not have the Q !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! J makes a crying call Q calls for sure. so what ever you bet only the J is calling Q is calling all in/raising, so the only hand that will call any bet is a hand beating you and you lose a lot of money when there is not reason too!!! And if you called the river bet with A high or any other hand it would be a pure hero call.
    Posted by waynec
    The object of going all in is to not get called here. If you shove all in the only call is the queen or a very very loose player with a jack. When i said shove the river it isn't for value it is a stone cold bluff
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: 20&30nl, 3 x sigh river spots. : The object of going all in is to not get called here. If you shove all in the only call is the queen or a very very loose player with a jack. When i said shove the river it isn't for value it is a stone cold bluff
    Posted by Batkin88
    I think we need to agree to disagree on this but that is the idea of the forum healthy debate... :)
  • edited October 2011
    1. call

2. fold pretty quickly

3. 3bet is too big pre. From what you imply your reads are I check flop. If his range is KK or better give up on river, nitty guys dont play big hands that passively to c/f to a river bet, esp when you dont rep a boat any way convincingly . I may be completely wrong though as your reads as posted are pretty vague (fair enough obv)
  • edited October 2011
    sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hand 1 is super lame especially vs westlay he probably limp called K10cc or something daft like that. leaning more to fold then call.

hand 2 anyone for raising turn w/ intention of getting it in there and then prob gonna get told this is bad though.

hand 3 give up.