You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Halestorm - An insight into the mind of a twisted sister

edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi Hale. Look forward to reading your blogs once they start.
I work as a full time carer for my wife and don't get a lot of time for blogging.
I am sure yours would be written with stye and wit. Good luck.

Comments

• edited October 2009
    Yes, guys. It will be new blog time soon and hopefully this will be the title to my blog.

It's late, I cant sleep and I need to start preparations on a new blog.

This is where you all come in.

Just to let you know a little about myself, I am married (11 years) with one gorgeous little boy who turns 3 next week and I have (up to yet) lived quite a strange life, hence the sense of humour. Over the years I have worked in countless pubs and clubs, although my main industry is in banking and Insurance.

Working in the pubs seems to have helped with my humourous posts, as actually believe it or not 95% of what I put in them is based on true experiences.... yes, I did meet a man who would only buy his wife mild for fear of spoiling her and yes, I went to a bingo game in an old peoples home where after every number called, the caller went round every table checking the numbers.

When I write, I like to take ordinary situations to the extreme or look at it from a perspective of someone who has no true idea of reality.

This is where I need all of you to come in.

Most of my writings bounce off other peoples comments, something sometimes triggers in my head which will remind me of an experience I had or a comment someone made and sets me off on the strangest of tangents and to get this part of my brain working at full capacity I need something to bite in to.

Let me know where you would like to see me, what should I be doing or what are your biggest gripes in life. Give me a starter, a ball (if you like) that I can pick up and run with.

I am not looking for things like 'I hate carpet', give me a reason why you hate it, a paragraph if you can, let me know what really winds you all up.

I cant promise I will discuss 'carpet' but sometimes a comment you make can spark up a memory from me over a completely unrelated subject.

I have a couple of idea's floating round but to make the blogs turely entertaining, I need a little more.

Just to warm you in advance, I can't write a poker related blog, I truely don't have the knowledge or experience but don't let that stop you making poker related comments, as like I say, I tend to turn a bottle of milk into a loaf of bread anyway.
  • edited October 2009
    Can't wait to read your blogs Hale, good luck

Dave
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Halestorm - An insight into the mind of a twisted sister:
    Hi Hale. Look forward to reading your blogs once they start. I work as a full time carer for my wife and don't get a lot of time for blogging. I am sure yours would be written with stye and wit. Good luck.
    Posted by apollo_11
    At last. Someone with the same job as me. Keep up the good work Apollo.
    I cant wait for Hales blogs. Should be hilarious.
  • edited October 2009
    How about women drivers...they just never seem to make their minds up or are doing their makeup in the rear view mirror!
  • edited October 2009
    How about women drivers...they just never seem to make their minds up or are doing their makeup in the rear view mirror!
    Posted by Grimstar30
    Having driven the M25 for many years I can safely say it isn't just women.  I've seen men shaving and even having a book/paper resting on the steering wheel as they are overtaking me at 70mph+.
  • edited October 2009
    careful!!!!!!!

No seriously, my mother in law took 9 tests, and this was back in the day when all you had to do to pass was to provide a copy of your provisional and look out for horses.

I think on the 9th test, she was on first name tems at the test centre and she had her own chair. I think the examiner gave her the licence out of pity, either that or they were fed up of her whinning voice.

She still won't ever drive at night, on a dual carriageway, motorway, reverse, use car parks or when there is another qualified driver with her. Her car insurance is for 'any driver' as is someone else can drive, she always lets them.

Luckily her drive is big enough to do a 15 point turn so she never needs to reverse out of it.

But yes, more like those, out of 4 posts now, I have put 2 comments in a folder to mature over the next week or so.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Halestorm - An insight into the mind of a twisted sister : Having driven the M25 for many years I can safely say it isn't just women.  I've seen men shaving and even having a book/paper resting on the steering wheel as they are overtaking me at 70mph+.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    That's bad! 
  • edited October 2009

Hale - I cannot wait to read your upcoming Blogs. I was really hoping that both you & MereNovice would be given a Blog each, but my pleas fell on stony ground in his case, which is a shame, as he writes so well, & thinks so consisely. So I shall look forward doubly to your pennage.

Non-poker Blog? Yippee doo dah. It's good to get our head out of our poker butts now & then, & personally, if I ever read another flop story, I may just scream. I write non-poker stories almost daily, elsewhere, as many people already know, &, like you, I've had an "interesting" life, so yes, non-poker Blogs, bring it on.

And what's so good about your Posts - & I assume your Blog - is the way you set them out. Correct punctuation, perfect spelling, line breaks, paragraphs, da de da. It's not often realised that these things - "Presentation" - make such a difference to the readability of a written piece.

One question - your little boys name is....? PM me if you prefer to keep it private, please.

Good Luck with the Blog - can't wait. A non-poker blog, happy days!

• edited October 2009
    Hi Tikay,

Your profile is 'under review' at the moment and I can't send a PM.

I have no issues with positng his name here. It is Matthew.

Although, I have been using 'Cerberus' recently and he is due to start nursery school the day after his birthday (BIG blog hints there)

Out of interest, why?
  • edited October 2009
    Hi Tikay, Your profile is 'under review' at the moment and I can't send a PM. I have no issues with positng his name here. It is Matthew. Although, I have been using 'Cerberus' recently and he is due to start nursery school the day after his birthday (BIG blog hints there) Out of interest, why?
    Posted by Hale72
    Just curious really - it's nice to know children's names, especially when engaging with a Mum who beams with pride at her little 'un.

I AM receiving Private Messages, but there IS some sort of problem with my Sky Poker "Profile" on the Community. I wrote to them about it, they wrote back with some suggestions as to how to fix it, but it's still intermittent.

I received 8 or 9 PM's yesterday, & have had 4 this morning, but I can't explain why it works sometimes, & for some Members, but not always, & for everyone.

All very odd. Really, it should work properly, Private Messaging is not rocket-science, but best not start me off on that track. ;)
  • edited October 2009

Hale,

I have now, as suggested by the boffins, Edited my Profile (again) to see if that helps.

Sorry about the inconvenience.
  • edited October 2009
    No problems Tikay,

I never really have any issues with posting info on the forums anyway.

'not rocket science' mmnn, another one for my folder.
  • edited October 2009
    Hale, I have now, as suggested by the boffins, Edited my Profile (again) to see if that helps. Sorry about the inconvenience.
    Posted by Tikay10
    sorry about the problems with you profile tikay. everything should be all fine now.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Halestorm - An insight into the mind of a twisted sister : Having driven the M25 for many years I can safely say it isn't just women.  I've seen men shaving and even having a book/paper resting on the steering wheel as they are overtaking me at 70mph+.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    As I was driving to work this morning I saw a woman using her rear-view mirror to apply her make-up.  I was so shocked that I dropped my shaver.  Unfortunately it landed in my bowl of corn flakes and splashed milk all over my newspaper which runined the crossword I was doing.

Ba-dam, tishhh...
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Halestorm - An insight into the mind of a twisted sister:
    .........believe it or not 95% of what I put in them is based on true experiences.... yes, I did meet a man who would only buy his wife mild for fear of spoiling her.........Posted by Hale72
    We've actually met?

Looking forward to the blogs Hale and will try to bounce some topics your way.
  • edited October 2009

Been waiting for you Elsa, If anyone can turn the serious into the mad, I have no doubts it's you.

• edited October 2009
    Been waiting for you Elsa, If anyone can turn the serious into the mad, I have no doubts it's you.
    Posted by Hale72
    I think I'll take that as a compliment :o
  • edited October 2009
    Hi Hale, 

i have a few gripes about life, will send them to you when i get 10 mins to gather them altogether! how do you blog on this site then? i don't know as still fairly new to the game. Was thinking of doing a blog from a beginners point of view in poker and how i progress with learning etc :)
  • edited October 2009
    Posted by Hale72
    Spoons.

• edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Halestorm - An insight into the mind of a twisted sister : Spoons.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Cutlery fetishes are seriously mad..................although I once had a thing for a rather nice cordless drill.
  • edited October 2009
    Hi Hale,  i have a few gripes about life, will send them to you when i get 10 mins to gather them altogether! how do you blog on this site then? i don't know as still fairly new to the game. Was thinking of doing a blog from a beginners point of view in poker and how i progress with learning etc :)
    Posted by margatemaf
    Sky ask members of the forum to put themselves forward for bloggers and in turn they have a month or so doing a regular blog.

You have literally just missed out, the new bloggers start in November.

I think my shift is lasting a month or two at most. Sky Rich will advertise in about a month for some new bloggers.

Keep your eyes out, he will sticky fix them to 'general poker chat'
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Halestorm - An insight into the mind of a twisted sister : Spoons.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Sorry Nosey, I forgot your unique talents.
  • edited October 2009
    Hi Hale

What about supermarket trolleys.
    I always get the one with the wonky wheels that go in every direction except the way you want to go.