You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

88 facing DB, have to call?

edited October 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Only note once saw limp pre w/J5, overall mainly just limp and then call raises. Single table too.
allybungle Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £3.75
DodgySkag Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £9.93
  Your hole cards

x Call   £0.10 £0.25 £34.32
LilDevil Fold        
Dudeskin8 Raise   £0.40 £0.65 £10.87
allybungle Call   £0.35 £1.00 £3.40
DodgySkag Fold        
x Call   £0.30 £1.30 £34.02
Flop

• J

allybungle Check        
x Bet   £0.50 £1.80 £33.52
Dudeskin8

Comments

• edited October 2011
    "overall mainly just limp and then call raises"

I lol'd.

Yeh call, but it's not gonna be easy to win the pot from this position.

If you're coming up against loads of these players you really are gonna have to loosen up in position and isolate, coz the only way you're gonna win a big pot (normally) is by coolering sum1.

And u know you're as likely to have a cooler against u as 1 in your favour, so it's gonna be a really hard grind.

Not saying go mental with 67s, but consider raising ip for value with a wider range, and 3betting wider when you KNOW they flat oop with worse.

Also when a limp/calling passive nitty brain dead plonker opens utg, and ur deep, peel with junk. They wont fold big hands if you can hit.

They'll just slowroll you, and then call, then claim "I nearly folded"
  • edited October 2011
    I know what you mean about the coolering people but back at NL10 where there is like a bazillion more fish (yes I know there's fish higher up but you need to get it off them in different ways) I don't find I need to, just a case of my big hands holding up which longterm does happen.

The opening range has widened a lot but only in good position CO/Btn, as with weaker hands I need the control of position to help with cbets etc. On the range though I presume this is cards that work well together so e.g. J9s rather than J6s where str8's are elminated and also A2-9s rather than A2-9o.

The 3betting is what I find tougher as I always dread them 4betting and then having to fold but like you say only good when you have reads.

The 'peeling with junk', this just seems a bit gambly, do you mean ATC trying to hit 2pr/trips, I know you said deep but cud you elabortae on this point.

Thanks, Carl.
  • edited October 2011

When you have been 3 betting for value for so long I guess it’s hard to just 3 bet bluff/light in position. The worse is they 4 bet and you fold, on the positive when you 3 bet with a hand then you get paid easier. If they flat OOP then hey ho, but this is the important bit you must be isolating the players that are constantly limp /call raise OOP because you can easily out play them IP and take there money.

• edited October 2011
    When they're hardly ever 4betting its easy to play against.

Just like the guy who limps 7 hands then 4x's utg, u know what he's got. 

The ppl here don't bet, but they love to call. You can isolate and 3b alot wider confident that they dont bluff post flop, (so dry board r ur friend) and they will call with worse and c/c 3 streets with a worse hand than urz.