You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

superglue

edited October 2011 in The Shed
i cut myself very badly but i couldnt go to hospital as we were on a job,n,knock so i superglued the cut back together. it was deep and bled a gooden til the glue hardened. are there any dangers to this rather stupid medical practise i should know of? 

Comments

• edited October 2011
    I'd have thought there's a good chance of infection.

• edited October 2011
    I had a head injury at work a couple of years ago, and the paramedic superglued that (after cleaning the wound).

When I questioned this I was told that superglue was invented for these sorts of injury's in the field hospitals during the Korean(?) war.
  • edited October 2011
    as long as you dont scratch your bits i think its safe
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: superglue:
    I had a head injury at work a couple of years ago, and the paramedic superglued that (after cleaning the wound). When I questioned this I was told that superglue was invented for these sorts of injury's in the field hospitals during the Korean(?) war.
    Posted by harding10

The difference here is they've cleaned the wound first.

Do they really just use normal super glue though ?I'm lucky in that i've never had it done so I always presumed they had their own special medical glue lol.
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to superglue:
    i cut myself very badly but i couldnt go to hospital as we were on a job,n,knock so i superglued the cut back together. it was deep and bled a gooden til the glue hardened. are there any dangers to this rather stupid medical practise i should know of? 
    Posted by robertod
    Superglue contains;  Bisphernol A - epoxy resins Epichlorohydrin Bisphenol F  Dimethyiaminopropy-1  3-Propylenediamine.

It is toxic to Acuatic Organisms.    ARE YOU A FISH.?     "Hubby say's the only thing it sticks is his fingers".?

Have you any left over we need some to fix Humpty.?
  • edited October 2011
    its perfectly safe to use.
    when i was in the services , superglue was used to  hold skin togetther, far better than bandages,plasters or anything else for that matter.
    if you or your buddy got hit,by the time any medics came along you went from bad to worse.
    so worry not.
  • edited October 2011
    A form Superglue [cyanoacrylate] was invented by the Americans as a emergency wound 'sealant' in the 'Field', known as CA spray in Vietnam war!! Developed by DR Harry Coover at kodak labs!!