You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Major weakness in my game

edited October 2011 in The Poker Clinic
It really depends on the table and your image, sometimes its better to be raising any unopened spots and putting the pressure on if you have passive/tight table. if its loose just sit tight and wait for hands or where you can outplay ppl in position.

Hard to say if you can post some hands or examples would be easier.

Welcome to the forum aswell, run good

Comments

• edited October 2011
    Hi

Ive played around pubs for about 2 years and online for about 3 month and i always get told the major weakness in my game is that I don't know how to play chip leader. Has anyone got any tips on how to play when you 4 or 5 handed and are chip leader.

also has anyone got any advice on what tournements and sit and go's  to play to build my game

Cheers
    John
  • edited October 2011
    Agree with YOUNG_GUN 100% , if its a tight table just keep bullying
  • edited October 2011
    cant help mate , its been along time since i been chip leader in a tourny. at a guess listen to yg and debs!
  • edited October 2011
    Also forgot to mention a big factor is stacksizes of your opponents so if your raising into a 10-15bb stack you have to be prepared to call after u raise if your not dont raise. alot of the time you will be put in similar situations as you dont want to raise fold alot, maybe alter your raise size or just dont get involved with marginal hands
  • edited October 2011
    If it's a tight table raise nearly 100% of the time, but every time when on the button or cut-off, if the table isn't very tight, raise the middle stacks, they're more likely to fold (as they're in no imediate danger) so you can keep taking their blinds.