You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL8, am i always beat when villain bets like this?

No real solid reads yet but i had noted that villain plays far too many hands and likes to see flops. Only been on this table for 4 or 5 orbits and there was plenty of limping and plenty of those annoying min bets on the flop, turn and river with people showing 2nd pairs and 3rd pairs which were winning hands. This was the last hand of this session and was just hoping to hit a big pre flop hand before the blinds came around again before going out for a beer.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
xSmall blind  £0.04 £0.04 £7.74
1luckyfish Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £4.67
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

DrSharp Raise  £0.32 £0.44 £8.41
tuieW Fold     
dgw69 Fold     
xCall  £0.28 £0.72 £7.46
1luckyfish Fold     
Flop

xCheck     
DrSharp Bet  £0.54 £1.26 £7.87
xCall  £0.54 £1.80 £6.92
Turn

xBet  £1.80 £3.60 £5.12
DrSharp ?
My thinking? He may well have hit his straight draw but can he really turn up with a 3 here? If i call, it looks like he will fire again probably for my stack so is it a simple fold/all-in? Does he bet pot size with anything i can beat?

Comments

• edited October 2011
    put him all in

• edited October 2011
    Tricky.

He certainly could be betting with worse at this level, say A7 or A5.

I would probably call, but these are the sort of hands that have been killing me at this level lately, i.e. not believing opponents' strong betting when I have a good (but not the nuts) hand.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has a set here, though not sure if he would lead out on the turn after check-calling the flop.
  • edited October 2011
    i prob shove. but probably are behind. toughy tbh
  • edited October 2011
    hate life and call
  • edited October 2011
    Looks like a flopped set to me. But I don't think you can fold
  • edited October 2011

Oppos at this level easily do this with BIG hands or A7 and worse , depending on who villian is . on the info you have given i just get the lot in

• edited October 2011
    call and call any river that doesnt bring 4 to straight or flush .... no point raising as he doesnt call with worse much and you want to keep in tp type hands that fold to a shove plus a bit of pot control is fine and stacks are set nicely for him to psb the river

you will often see this line with 67 , A7 type hands, just clicking buttons as they dont want to fold.

safe to assume any flopped set/2p he either donks flop or c/r and the 2 doesnt change much apart from A3 gets there which seems pretty unlikely.
  • edited October 2011
    Easily be over pair your beating - shove it in

I would be surprised is oppo turns over 2 p or set, A3 makes more sense.
  • edited October 2011
    Before anyone starts i know this is a bad beat but i thought it was a close decision on the turn whether i continued or not. That is what i thought was the interesting decision in this hand. I nearly didnt post results as it becomes results orientated. I am glad a few said shove it, i thought i was basically ruling out any worse hands than mine when i pushed the lot in but i think it was going in anyway. I like to think i charged him the max for his draw.

Anyway, for those who enjoy seeing them here it is, another gem from this weeks downswing.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    xSmall blind  £0.04 £0.04 £7.74
    1luckyfish Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £4.67
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

DrSharp Raise  £0.32 £0.44 £8.41
    tuieW Fold     
    dgw69 Fold     
    xCall  £0.28 £0.72 £7.46
    1luckyfish Fold     
    Flop