You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

30nl deep double float v good laggy TAG.

edited November 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Last advertising post of the month, hopefully bought myself a good image to attack November (it didn't come cheap)

But I'm also looking for opinions on my line here.

Villain is v good for this level, we've had loads of bottles lately and he's been kicking my @rse tbh.

His 3b range is quite wide normally, but from the bb it's probably quite "predictable"....

He's definitely capable of double barrelling as bluffs, and also like QQ/KK for value.....

I call the flop to take it off him on the turn, barrelling the river if neccessary....

With the above in mind, I decide to peel the turn also, knowing that he will value bet all FH's and Ax otr, and give up any other hand.....

So I'm praying for the river check.

I don't think he's ever 3xbarrelling JJ/QQ/KK for value.

Think I can easily rep Ax here, I'd play it exactly the same, esp against this villain.

Also thoughts on my river bet sizing.

----------------------------------

Not gonna post any hands in Nov, all part of my final attempt to put some proper hours in at the tables. So any thoughts on this hand over the nxt 24 hrs or so wud be great.

And apologies for spamming the clinic with mental hands lately.

Cheerz
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
abghappy20 Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £36.71
xxx Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £59.45
  Your hole cards

DOHHHHHHH Raise  £1.20 £1.65 £116.63
AJ151 Fold     
ollie2007 Fold     
abghappy20 Fold     
xxx Raise  £3.60 £5.25 £55.85
DOHHHHHHH Call  £2.70 £7.95 £113.93
Flop

• A
  • A

xxxBet  £4.50 £12.45 £51.35
DOHHHHHHH Call  £4.50 £16.95 £109.43
Turn

xxx Bet  £9.00 £25.95 £42.35
DOHHHHHHH Call  £9.00 £34.95 £100.43
River

xxx Check     
DOHHHHHHH Bet  £18.30 £53.25 £82.13
xxx

Comments

• edited October 2011
    I had a guy at the tables yesterday who kept playing back at me, we had a really good battle going, when other players joined the table they assumed that's how we played against all oppo's, so when I hit a hand it was easy to get their stacks :)
  • edited October 2011
    i personally would 'play back' a different way to aggro players... i think the double float is too risky (but a very good advance play).. is someones is frequently 3 betting then i would de-polarise my 4 bettin range pre, or if u flat, would probally be raisin the flop or turn dependant on board texture. 

as played u have a ton of aces in ur range so may have worked out well but risky play hoping for the river shutdown to then move villain off hand..
  • edited October 2011
    laggy TAG?

Was it in line with his previous play to double barrel and let go on the river?

Your play looks strong and consistent with the hand you're repping and play until that point. You've put him in an awkward spot - 1/2 pot bet looks like a value bet and not an overbet bluff.
  • edited October 2011
    i put him on a slightly higher pair than you,,imo he has to think hes beat
  • edited October 2011
    laggy tag? or taggy lag ? lol

I dont mind your line, if you are pretty sure he folds stuff like KK. He may c/c them though and he may also c/c some weak As if he 3bet bluffs small Ax sometimes. I would bet a little bigger on river I dont want to tempt KK, QQ or even Arag to herocall. 4b/f pre also an option imo.
  • edited October 2011
    damn them laggy  tags!

• edited October 2011

Haha, he's on the looser side of TAG, rather than the Tighter side of LAG.

Needs to be more catagories imo!!

Bet size otr was tricky, I dragged in 2 different amounts before I settled on 18!

• edited October 2011
    surely hes a S.L.A.G. if hes a laggy tag?
  • edited November 2011
    He prob calls and shows some rubbish that beats you?

If he does happen to read the poker clinic your going to get called down light all your advertising works both ways i suppose.