You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Flopped Full House

edited November 2009 in Hold'em Poker Strategy
I'm tired of all these bad beats stories so here's something a bit more upbeat.  Any ideas on how to extract the maximum in this spot?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Wilhelm Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £1.82
wince13 Sitout        
GRASSHOPPE Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £0.44
  Your hole cards

WWFCIC Call   £0.04 £0.10 £2.78
playno1 Raise   £0.08 £0.18 £1.32
Wilhelm Call   £0.06 £0.24 £1.76
GRASSHOPPE Call   £0.04 £0.28 £0.40
WWFCIC Call   £0.04 £0.32 £2.74
Flop

Comments

• edited October 2009

I would check the flop and hope for a bet from an opponent. Then start to put pressure on the turn and river.
    You have flopped the nuts here.
    The turn and the river may make your opponent catch up and overtake, but this is unlikely and is worth the risk.
    Hopefully the pot will get large enough by the river to put an all in bet in.

• edited October 2009
    I might be imagining things, but wasn't there a hand with someone flopping a boat on a 775 flop earlier today? 

• edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Flopped Full House:
    I might be imagining things, but wasn't there a hand with someone flopping a boat on a 775 flop earlier today? 
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    LOL yeah there was. But it was a thread where a guy slowplayed KK and got done by a flopped fh by 7,5.  Think that wasn't in a chas game tho.
  • edited October 2009
    IN 2P/4P CHECK UNTIL AN ACE OR KING COME IN AND SOME DONK WILL GO ALL IN,
  • edited October 2009
      After witnessing the ultra loose play on the 2p/4p tables, i would say the best thing to do would be to put out a minimum bet because i think everyone will probably call it and someone might even go over the top in which case happy days. But most of the players will call even with 2 overs, or backdoor straight or flush draws. There are a lot of hopeful players outy there who will stay in pots and hope to get lucky. A lot would depend on the players at the table and what reads you have on them but i think a small bet is best here
  • edited October 2009
    I thought about putting a small bet in but it was an uncharacteristically tight table for 2p 4p, so I decieded to check and it was checked round with me first to act after the turn.  I decided to check again knowing that there was one player behind me who had been trying to steal a lot of pots.  He bet 8p so i called as did one maore player, who i put on a draw.  When the river comes I'm thinking he might have hit a straight, so any ideas what to do here?
    Wilhelm Check        
    GRASSHOPPE Check        
    WWFCIC Check        
    playno1 Check        
    Turn

Wilhelm Check        
    GRASSHOPPE Check        
    WWFCIC Check        
    playno1 Bet   £0.08 £0.40 £1.24
    Wilhelm Call   £0.08 £0.48 £1.68
    GRASSHOPPE Fold        
    WWFCIC Call   £0.08 £0.56 £2.66
    River

• edited October 2009
    I would put in a min raise and hope that you get re-raised again and then all in.
    Your hand is unbeatable, so try to milk it for as much as possible. If your opponant has the straight then he will re-raise and probably call your all in.
  • edited October 2009
     Apollo you are right about how he should bet and how to extract the most out of it but unfortunately he no longer has the nuts. He now has the second nuts because 76 would be beating him.I still believe that a trick was missed by not betting the flop, waiting til the river is always a bad idea because by then people would have missed draws and will not pay you. You need to be milking on the flop , putting your main bet in on the turn and trying to wring out extra on the river.
  • edited October 2009
    You've got to check the flop to give people some kind of chance of catching up, but should have ramped it up on the turn.
    The 6 was a dream card for you - there are three other players in, and if any of them held a 3,4,5,6,7,8 or 9 they will be calling your bet and possibly re-raising each other with anything in this range except a 3 or 9.

The min-raise pre-flop followed by multiple calls says that they're not all holding big cards - they probably all fit into this massive range somehow. This was the opportunity to build a big pot as the river is too late - they've either hit or not by then.

PS: what do I know? I don't play cash because a) I find it boring and b) I'm no good at it!
  • edited October 2009
    Thanks Talon. Yes, I did forget the obvious hand of 7 6 beating him.
    I suddenly remebered that a 6 was out and realised that 7 6 was beating him. The reason I came back to this thread.
    I would still play the hand the same as above, The chances of one of the opponants have 7 6 are pretty slim to say the least. If he did have 7 6, then so be it. The poker gods strike again.
  • edited October 2009
    Thaks for the input guys.  In the end I got paid, but it was always in doubt.
    River

Wilhelm Bet   £0.20 £0.76 £1.48
    WWFCIC Raise   £0.40 £1.16 £2.26
    playno1 Fold        
    Wilhelm All-in   £1.48 £2.64 £0.00
    WWFCIC Call   £1.28 £3.92 £0.98
    Wilhelm Show

WWFCIC Show

Wilhelm Win Full House, 7s and 5s £3.73   £3.73

• edited October 2009
    Nice play wilnelm
    Glad you managed to get a decent return for you flopped full house.
  • edited October 2009
    I am one here who would have played it the exact same way as Wilhelm.

Well played and a good return well done.
  • edited November 2009

slow  play  it  u  got  a monster  hand  let  somebody  catch  up  get as much  chips as u can