You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lets get political...

edited November 2011 in The Shed
just like to direct the forums attention to http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions

u can create/sign petitions, and if any get over 100,000 signatures they will be discussed in parliament

noteable ones ive signed are....

perhaps we could discuss various petitions or if any1 has an idea for one they use this thread to rally support?

Comments

• edited November 2011
    This, like all things politicians say and do, is just a smoke-screen to make us think they are in touch with the voters. Discussed does not mean acted upon, it means in most cases waffled about with a bit of chin rubbing, and a bit of ''we understand how you feel'' blah blah blah. The political elite will only ever allow a referendum if they know they will get a favourable answer, if they think they'll lose it, they wont do it, forget all about that waffle about not being the right time, as i said before, its all a smokescreen to make people think they are somehow involved, when they are not!
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Lets get political...:
    This, like all things politicians say and do, is just a smoke-screen to make us think they are in touch with the voters. Discussed does not mean acted upon, it means in most cases waffled about with a bit of chin rubbing, and a bit of ''we understand how you feel'' blah blah blah. The political elite will only ever allow a referendum if they know they will get a favourable answer, if they think they'll lose it, they wont do it, forget all about that waffle about not being the right time, as i said before, its all a smokescreen to make people think they are somehow involved, when they are not!
    Posted by loonytoons

thats a rather pessimistic view of things....that i actually agree with hehe, i havent actually ever voted cos they're all useless, we need a revolution of sorts imo

suppose the point of this thread was to stimulate some political debate, rather that rally votes for petitions

im a member of the zeitgeist movement, u heard of it?....mite interest you
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Lets get political... : thats a rather pessimistic view of things....that i actually agree with hehe, i havent actually ever voted cos they're all useless, we need a revolution of sorts imo suppose the point of this thread was to stimulate some political debate, rather that rally votes for petitions im a member of the zeitgeist movement, u heard of it?....mite interest you
    Posted by sikas
    Zeitgeist is the same,   pushing you farther down the rabbit hole.
  • edited November 2011

how about getting polititians to DO AS THEY SAY.
    david cameron says "were all in this together"and cuts everything to the bone,well how about him and the rest of the cabinet,trying to live on what they expect everyone else to do.
    im not on about benifits, but the normal average wage that everyone else has to. how on earth can they even begin to know what its like when almost everyone in the cabinet are millionaires.
    Yep were all in this together,but some of us are more in it than others.
    And a warning to all servicemen,after serving your country,and putting up with all that entails,the m.o.d. give you a pension,NO NOT GIVE, YOU HAVE EARNED, however this pension disqualifies you from any other benifits.
    Polititians know the COST OF EVERYTHING AND THE VALUE OF NOTHING.

I once heard a great quote, it says" dont vote for them it only encourages them"
    finally, they are all like pigs with their nose in the trough, and they say that they are in it to help, and that they could earn more in the private sector, WELL TRY IT,
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Lets get political... : Zeitgeist is the same,   pushing you farther down the rabbit hole.
    Posted by NODEAL

same as what? modern day politicians? ...elaborate
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Lets get political... : same as what? modern day politicians? ...elaborate
    Posted by sikas
    take to long to explain,   watch this excelent debunking of zeitgeist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JRUF18Z0iQ

also best start with this...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5s3dM8fAa8&feature=related

zeitgeist ell lots of good info but lie where it realy matters.